Historical Villain Whitewashing Game

Got some good and clean jokes to share? Everyone likes a laugh.
Dudeacus97
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Historical Villain Whitewashing Game

Post by Dudeacus97 »

This is a game I invented once when I was bored and viewed the "Worse than it sounds" page on TV Tropes. One person gives an extremely whitewashed description of a historical villain and everybody else has to guess. If you get it right, you get to post a new one.

This is supposed to be a joke, not serious. Also, when you're picking people, make sure it's somebody that most people agree is an awful person. This isn't the philosophy forum. If you're a nihilist I would advise skipping this entire game.

Here it goes:
This valiant prince with a troubled childhood was determined to keep Muslim invaders out of his land, which is now in modern day Bulgaria and Romania. He would go to any cost to protect his people from invaders and wished to purge his nation of all criminals. He is especially famous for having lunch with his prisoners before they would die. For his actions, he inspired one of the greatest literary characters of the 19th century and is still seen as a hero in his home country today!
Last edited by Dudeacus97 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Christianity has always embraced both reason and faith."
-Dinesh D'Souza

"Stop listening to John Lennon and start listening to John Lennox! What about a world without the atheists? A word with no Stalin, no Mao, no Pol Pot? A world with no Gulag, no Cultural Revolution, no Killing Fields? Wouldn't that be a world worth dreaming about?"
-John Lennox
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Historical Villain Whitewashing Game

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Can you give us a clue? Like...which country is this prince from?

FL y:-?
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Dudeacus97
Established Member

Post by Dudeacus97 »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Can you give us a clue? Like...which country is this prince from?

FL y:-?
Modern day Bulgaria and Romania. I also updated and added more information.
-Dinesh D'Souza

"Stop listening to John Lennon and start listening to John Lennox! What about a world without the atheists? A word with no Stalin, no Mao, no Pol Pot? A world with no Gulag, no Cultural Revolution, no Killing Fields? Wouldn't that be a world worth dreaming about?"
-John Lennox
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Vlad the Impaler?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Dudeacus97
Established Member

Post by Dudeacus97 »

RickD wrote:Vlad the Impaler?
Correct!

Vlad the Impaler was a Wallachian prince who has been estimated to have killed more than 100,000 people via impalement. He would surround his castle with people impaled on giant spikes and would eat lunch in the middle of them, dipping his bread in their blood. His cruelty inspired Bram Stoker to write Dracula.

-Dinesh D'Souza

-John Lennox
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Ok, my turn.

Mine is a little more difficult. He was originally a colonial military officer who led a mining expedition. He soon became a traitor against all of humanity. His motives for turning against them aren't known for sure. Some say it was greed. Others say it was to save his own people from annihilation at the hands of the alien leader.

If anyone can correctly guess who this is, you are very good. ;)
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Seraph
Christian: No

Post by Seraph »

Sounds kind of like Dr. Breen from the game Half-Life 2 :P
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Seraph wrote:Sounds kind of like Dr. Breen from the game Half-Life 2 :P
Actually, I may have mislead. He is not a historical character. He is fictional. If the game only includes historical villains, then just ignore my villain. :lol:

And one more hint. Those of the younger generation may not know my villain. He was quite popular in the late 1970's.

I'm afraid even if I post his picture, most people here wouldn't guess who he is.

-Edward R Murrow

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote:Ok, my turn.

Mine is a little more difficult. He was originally a colonial military officer who led a mining expedition. He soon became a traitor against all of humanity. His motives for turning against them aren't known for sure. Some say it was greed. Others say it was to save his own people from annihilation at the hands of the alien leader.

If anyone can correctly guess who this is, you are very good. ;)
The mining expedition is throwing me off...
Dudeacus97
Established Member

Post by Dudeacus97 »

I have no idea what the villain could be, but could we stick to real people? We could do a seperate one for fictional characters.
-Dinesh D'Souza

-John Lennox
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Dudeacus97 wrote:I have no idea what the villain could be, but could we stick to real people? We could do a seperate one for fictional characters.
Ok stick to real people. Ignore my villain. Nobody would have guessed him anyways.

-Edward R Murrow

Dudeacus97
Established Member

Post by Dudeacus97 »

Can I go again, or do you want to put in a real one?
-Dinesh D'Souza

-John Lennox
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Dudeacus97 wrote:Can I go again, or do you want to put in a real one?
You can go again. I can't think of one at the moment.

-Edward R Murrow

Dudeacus97
Established Member

Post by Dudeacus97 »

This game is normally done with a group of people in person, so imagine this in a very cheery, positive tone to do the game justice:
This charismatic Indochinese leader and former teacher of French literature started a political movement for political and social change in his country. Some of the many goals of this movement included getting people in the cities to live quieter lives in the countryside, academic equality, and attrition of the common farmer. He preferred to avoid using firearms to deal with his enemies and would use simpler means instead. His work created one of his country's most famous landmarks, a collection of the remains of people whose lives he touched.
-Dinesh D'Souza

-John Lennox
Seraph
Christian: No

Post by Seraph »

Is it Pol Pot?
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward