From nothing comes nothing

Got some good and clean jokes to share? Everyone likes a laugh.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

From nothing comes nothing

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Reactionary
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: From nothing comes nothing

Post by Reactionary »

Just because we don't know something at the moment, doesn't mean we should resort to magical beings in the sky. :soap:

Over time, there are fewer and fewer gaps in our understanding of the universe that we could fill with a non-existent deity. Science and reason will, as always, triumph over ignorance, closed-mindedness, prejudice, backwardness, bigotry etc. Your post is a good example - it shows a fundamental lack of understanding of science and the natural world. Perhaps, if you had spent more time reading scientific literature rather than 2,000-year-old fictional books, you would have been able to see that. For instance, "nothing" isn't really nothing. It is postulated that "nothing" is a quantum vacuum in which Big Bangs occur continuously, thus creating an infinite number of universes. In such conditions, everything is possible - any event with a probability higher than zero, will happen and does happen. Life is hardly a miracle. We are not in any way special, we're just a species that is, at this moment, winning the battle called evolution. Brave people face this fact, instead of relying on a magical paternal figure in the sky whom we could ask for help when we're in need. There is no such being, just as there is no Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus or others. That's a fact. Deal with it.

More and more people are awakening in the light of free speech and expression -
- fortunately, people who think outside the box are no longer sentenced for heresy and set on fire. Thank Go... never mind. :pound:

Sorry, Dan, I couldn't resist. :lol:
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

on a serious note
It is postulated that "nothing" is a quantum vacuum in which Big Bangs occur continuously, thus creating an infinite number of universes.
I would only question as to why does these quantum vacuum has these properties? I mean sooner or later one would have to ask that any rule of physics or chemistry no matter on what tiny scale it is, behaves the way it is, where did it get that information and why does it not stop doing it. Why is there gravity in the first place, why is there matter in the first place and if that matter was produced by quantum vacuum where particles come and go from somewhere we don't know yet, but still its a chain. There has to be a nothingness from which quantum physics started, matter can not come from nothing, matter is the product of matter and no matter how back we go this is an endless chain, much like "its turtles all the way down" logic.

Stephen hawking admits that much when he said "if the universe had a beginning then there must be a God" (I am going by memory here). Of course he thinks that the universe has no beginning. But to be honest, that just avoids the question rather than answer it.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Just because we don't know something at the moment, doesn't mean we should resort to magical beings in the sky.
We will burn you on the stake you heretic :evilnod: :evilnod: :evilnod: :evilnod: :evilnod:

sorry couldn't resist, reactionary. :lol:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

No worries guy's, I hope it has been entertaining becase that was the intention of the post. :mrgreen:

Dan
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

I have faith the science will, eventually, solve the problem of creation.

And when it does it will find God.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote:I have faith the science will, eventually, solve the problem of creation.

Faith in science? is that a religion, Paul? :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:I have faith the science will, eventually, solve the problem of creation.

No more than having faith that my car will start is.
:eugeek:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote:
RickD wrote:

No more than having faith that my car will start is.
:eugeek:
I think I've heard of that church. It's the church of LDS. Latter Day Subarus. :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

This is gonna go into a discussion about TYPES of Faith again, LOL !
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

PaulSacramento wrote:This is gonna go into a discussion about TYPES of Faith again, LOL !
I read "TYRES" at first. So to avoid what you said, we could discuss types of tyres. Who do you think is the best tyre maker? :D
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Reactionary wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:This is gonna go into a discussion about TYPES of Faith again, LOL !
I read "TYRES" at first. So to avoid what you said, we could discuss types of tyres. Who do you think is the best tyre maker? :D
Anyone that you can afford !
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

PaulSacramento wrote:
Reactionary wrote:I read "TYRES" at first. So to avoid what you said, we could discuss types of tyres. Who do you think is the best tyre maker? :D
Anyone that you can afford !
Concise, diplomatic, honest. Thanks. :mrgreen:

--Reactionary
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

You guys crack me up.
wazatron
Acquainted Member
Christian: No

Post by wazatron »

reactionary - i agree with your opinions.

Anyone heard of the LHC? Giving massless particles mass? -Something from nothing! MAGIC!