Try to read this. I'm sure you can....very interesting.

Got some good and clean jokes to share? Everyone likes a laugh.
ryo dokomi
Established Member
Christian: No

Try to read this. I'm sure you can....very interesting.

Post by ryo dokomi »

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe can.
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Therefore, submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. James 4:7

it is all about submitting before God, then, and only then, will we have the promise given in Luke 10:19
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Try to read this. I'm sure you can....very interesting.

Post by FFC »

ryo dokomi wrote:fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe can.
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Wow, taht was icdnreilbe!
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

This is the basis of speed reading.
However,

Waht if the snmeettatt is urilneaescsy vsoerbe and ipororatnces eonressixps wcihh are engeedxcily pteotrarcd?

What if the statement is unecessarily verbose and incorporates expressions which are exceedingly protracted?

It would seem that using words which are unfamiliar or within an unfamiliar context negates this type of processing, forcing an individual to read each letter.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ryo dokomi
Established Member

Post by ryo dokomi »

...your ruining the illusion.... :cry:

jk, thats cool...but i could read yours.

it is all about submitting before God, then, and only then, will we have the promise given in Luke 10:19
ray
Recognized Member

reading

Post by ray »

I have seen this many times and most people can read the original post with ease, not 55. I'm not sure where you get the number 55. It just shows that as we become comfortable reading we begin to see entire words rather than a specific string of letters. The reason people have more trouble with the second post is that they are not 'familiar' words and therefore we would still read those words as strings of letters.

Ray
ryo dokomi
Established Member

Post by ryo dokomi »

....this was just an email i got...the number was there...its not supposed to be anything truthful or profound...just cool and funny....you dont have to read into things that much. :roll:

Forge
Valued Member

Post by Forge »

Damn, BGood, you're a funsucker.
I DEMAND PIE, AND A BARREL OF WHIPPED CREAM
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

Bgood is right though... a writer wrote about that email in one of his books and with it, somehow concluded that we have a soul. All it is is recognizing words we already know.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Forge wrote:Damn, BGood, you're a funsucker.
lol

My Bad.
=)
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Oriental
Recognized Member

really?

Post by Oriental »

We rffer to yuor fax detad 1 Speeetbmr 2006 rianrdegg the cenoitpad maettr and acatth htiwereh Dfart (3) of the Anemcenuonnt for yuor reivww. Tmres uesd hieren slahl hvae the smae mgninaes as denifed in the Anemcenuonnt uselns the cxetnot osiwrehte reriuqes.

How do you feel?
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

All this talk reminds me when California elected Arnold as our new governor...

The New California Governor has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the state, rather than German which was the other possibility. As part of the negotiations, The Terminator's Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5-year phase-in plan that would become known as "Austro-English" (or, if nobody will be offended, "Austrionics")..In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favor of the "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter. There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with the "f". This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter. In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away. By the 4th yer peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w"with "v". During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru. If zis mad yu smil, pleas pas it on to oza pepl.

Next thing you know you were speaking German...

G -
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Oriental
Recognized Member

I see

Post by Oriental »

I understand now why Hilter always said their tribe is the superior one and waged war in two WWar.

The subconscious reason is found in bible.

So do you speak German as your mother tongue, Gman? A stupid question it sounds like I know.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

I liked that Gman. Very funny.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

One of my secret fantasies is that one day Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jessie Ventura may actually engage in a public political debate.

Wouldn't that be worth the price of admission ....
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: I see

Post by Gman »

Oriental wrote:So do you speak German as your mother tongue, Gman? A stupid question it sounds like I know.
Hi Oriental, my mother tongue is English, but I can speak a little German from my college years back in the 80's.. I have forgotten most of it though.. Maybe Arnold doesn't like that..
Bart wrote:One of my secret fantasies is that one day Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jessie Ventura may actually engage in a public political debate.

Wouldn't that be worth the price of admission ....
Yes Bart, I'm sure that would make any WWF show a sell out crowd as well... As they say... "My governor can beat up your governor..." :lol:

G -
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8