You Can't Teach an Atheist New Tricks

Got some good and clean jokes to share? Everyone likes a laugh.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

You Can't Teach an Atheist New Tricks

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

It's very odd. FOX is having an hour special on can man live without God, and I saw a few seconds of it, and there was an atheist I've seen before-and the only thing I heard before changing the channel was that old stupid argument, "If God existed, then there would be no evil"...which presupposes the existence of God. It's so pathetic. I thought atheists might learn over the centuries, grow up, learn "oops, stupid argument"...but that seems to be all they have. August, please, get on a TV show where you can put the smackdown on atheists...the Christians I ever see on shows like that are too nice, docile, sweet, and don't attack the argument of the moron where they should-the presumptions...
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

lol if atheist even bothered to read the bible theyll know humans create evil, and that we are here to accept Jesus and be forgiven for it
LadyHel
Acquainted Member
Christian: No

Post by LadyHel »

Ok... I agree that is a stupid argument, and as an intelligent atheist I'd never use it.
Actually, God doesn't exist for me because he's a subjective life force, and I find a belief in a greater power unnecessary for A: my happiness B: my spiritual well being. My old soul's doin' just fine...
LadyHel
Acquainted Member

Post by LadyHel »

Ok... I agree that is a stupid argument, and as an intelligent atheist I'd never use it.
Actually, God doesn't exist for me because he's a subjective life force, and I find a belief in a greater power unnecessary for A: my happiness B: my spiritual well being. My old soul's doin' just fine...
IRQ Conflict
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Thats the crux of it for you then isn't it? For you it should matter not if we evolved or were created as you don't want God or His laws interfering in your life.
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Circular reasoning. You come to this conclusion, I'm pretty sure, because you first presuppose atheism...and work from there. Don't worry...you're just walking in the footsteps of many atheists...Feubacher, Freud, Marx...

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

-Anonymous
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

LadyHel wrote:God doesn't exist for me.
And if I denied the facts of your existence, you wouldn't exist for me. Hey! I could do that with all the people I dislike. Hmm, might be kinda fun. Only problem is, they do exist, and their existance does impact me, even if I don't want it to. Reality is really a pain, isn't it? Can't live with it, can't live without it! Ha ha. :( Darn, that was a horrible joke! :)
michaelh2951
Newbie Member

RE

Post by michaelh2951 »

Kmart, beware of Hybris, it's almost as old as rational thought. I don't believe your tendency to arrogance serves the discussion well.

You should know that all knowledge is subjective, even yours, there is no ultimate truth but your own. Accept that.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Re: RE

michaelh2951 wrote:Kmart, beware of Hybris, it's almost as old as rational thought. I don't believe your tendency to arrogance serves the discussion well.

You should know that all knowledge is subjective, even yours, there is no ultimate truth but your own. Accept that.
First you presuppose the existence of God.
Then you make a self-defeating claim. If all truth is subjective...then you have found an objective truth...Or, from the other way round, if all knowledge is subjective, then why is your knowledge of an objective truth objective? How can you arrive at objectivity from subjectivity?

And, of course, how is confidence in what one believes arrogant? Aren't you just as confident in your beliefs as I? Aren't you also saying my beliefs are wrong because they conflict with yours?

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
Carico
Acquainted Member

Post by Carico »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:
michaelh2951 wrote:Kmart, beware of Hybris, it's almost as old as rational thought. I don't believe your tendency to arrogance serves the discussion well.

Then you make a self-defeating claim. If all truth is subjective...then you have found an objective truth...Or, from the other way round, if all knowledge is subjective, then why is your knowledge of an objective truth objective? How can you arrive at objectivity from subjectivity?

And, of course, how is confidence in what one believes arrogant? Aren't you just as confident in your beliefs as I? Aren't you also saying my beliefs are wrong because they conflict with yours?
How is confidence in oneself not arrogant? :shock: People either live to honor God or to honor themselves. "He who exalts himself will be humbled." Boasting is easy. All lawbreakers claim they are innocent. But those who claim they don't know everything are honest and truthful. There is nothing false about them. :)
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Who says I have confidence in myself? I stand atop the shoulders of giants, that's why I believe I can pimp slap anyone who comes my way with a stupid argument.
Attachments
slap.gif
slap.gif (36.79 KiB) Viewed 4492 times

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

Carico wrote:
AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:

How is confidence in oneself not arrogant? :shock: People either live to honor God or to honor themselves. "He who exalts himself will be humbled." Boasting is easy. All lawbreakers claim they are innocent. But those who claim they don't know everything are honest and truthful. There is nothing false about them. :)
the reason one should have confidence in themselves is because if one is a True Christian and Christ is in us and works through us then all things are possible through Christ then Why should we not have confidence in our Selves. Christ was Confident in who he was! Was he Arrogant to think that way? Nope!

We are supposed to be Confident in ourselves. It only looks arrogant to those people who are not Confident!

Psa 27:3 Though a host should encamp against me, My heart shall not fear: Though war should rise against me, Even then will I be confident.

Phi 1:6 being confident of this very thing, that he who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Jesus Christ:

If we are not Confident in what we speak then how can we be bold to declare who God is?

Phi 1:14 and that most of the brethren in the Lord, being confident through my bonds, are more abundantly bold to speak the word of God without fear.

So in Summary Confidence is not Arrogance until you look as if you are doing these things yourself instead of doing them through the power of God inside of you!
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Who says I have confidence in myself? I stand atop the shoulders of giants, that's why I believe I can pimp slap anyone who comes my way with a stupid argument.
This is not arrogant?

lol
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

No it's not...genius. My dang.

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
This is not arrogant?

lol
No Comment :D