The nice, warm ARTIC!

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

The nice, warm ARTIC!

Post by Philip »

Could be just an anomaly in climate time? Weird!

https://www.foxnews.com/world/the-arcti ... scientists
Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Re: The nice, warm ARTIC!

Post by Fliegender »

High temperatures in the arctic are not an anomaly. They are the result of the rise in temperatures across the globe. And the 38° Celsius reading for the arctic needs explaining. 38°Celsius at 70° latitude north isn’t like 38° Celsius at a gawd-awful place like, say, Florida or Georgia. In the arctic, the late-afternoon high temperature lasts for about 30 minutes, maximum. Before that, it’s cool and after, it gets cool again. Very quickly. Arctic winds blow almost nonstop. In contrast, gawd-awful places south of the Mason-Dixon Line have stifling heat and humidity all friggin day long...and the heat even continues through the night!
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

In contrast, gawd-awful places south of the Mason-Dixon Line have stifling heat and humidity all friggin day long...and the heat even continues through the night!
Please don't remind me - I wouldn't live here without central air! But, sometimes, when I'm at my inlaws in MA and Northern CT, when they have the odd hot day (say, high 80s / low-90s), they often just use fans in the house - which is completely miserable. No self-respecting Southerner likes the indoor summer temp to be much above 70 degrees.
Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by Fliegender »

Your link to the “warm” weather in the arctic serves to underscore the fact that the media tends to distort the facts in order to embellish a story. Another thing I found amusing in the article was the photo of children swimming. The photo suggests that it was so warm in these frigid climates that children even took to swimming. Well, I’ve lived in the arctic and Eskimo children swim in frigid water without problem. I remember being on a beach of the Arctic Ocean in mid June. It was a balmy 40° F and children were having fun in the water. It’s a different life. Eskimos drive their snowmobiles in -40° weather without hat or gloves...and with a cigarette dangling from their lips. Expatriates from the south are always bundled up.

So... I wouldn’t call this Fake News but rather “Embellished News”.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Temperatures tend to rise in the presence of fires...