Holiday parks

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Nicki
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Holiday parks

Post by Nicki »

Just wondering what Americans call them - it's got me wracking my brain! The only thing I can think is trailer park, but that sounds like a grim place where 'white trash' people live permanently. I mean nice parks, with playgrounds, communal kitchen, usually a pool. Do they exist in America? We stay in our tent at holiday parks for our trips because it's pretty cheap :)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Holiday parks

Post by RickD »

Campgrounds maybe.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nicki
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nicki »

RickD wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:50 am Campgrounds maybe.
Ah, OK - that would refer to a more basic facility maybe just for tents here. Also, is this the most boring thread ever? :sleep:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nicki wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:28 pm
RickD wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:50 am Campgrounds maybe.
Ah, OK - that would refer to a more basic facility maybe just for tents here. Also, is this the most boring thread ever? :sleep:
Actually, the campgrounds I'm familiar with, have places for tents and RVs/travel trailers.

An RV park would usually be more specific to RVs.

I think it's interesting that there are so many different words used for the same things, in the English language.

There are even many differences in words in Massachusetts, where I'm from, and in Florida where I live now.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

The first time I ever heard of trailer parks was on the Jerry Springer show. It gave me the impression that half of Americans were living in trailer parks. Then I visited parts of California :shock:
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

LittleHamster wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:10 pm The first time I ever heard of trailer parks was on the Jerry Springer show. It gave me the impression that half of Americans were living in trailer parks. Then I visited parts of California :shock:
Yes, the Jerry Springer show is an exact representation of America. I can see how you'd come to that conclusion.
:shock:

-Edward R Murrow

LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

RickD wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:16 pm
LittleHamster wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:10 pm The first time I ever heard of trailer parks was on the Jerry Springer show. It gave me the impression that half of Americans were living in trailer parks. Then I visited parts of California :shock:
Yes, the Jerry Springer show is an exact representation of America. I can see how you'd come to that conclusion.
:shock:
Haha, It was more of an impression of the US rather than a conclusion (is that the same thing?). Plus, I was no linguistics expert either in those days, but some of the language used on that show didn't resemble the english I was familiar with :shock:
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Maybe I can have the NKJV translation what is going on here...