Jac3510

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

Jac3510

Post by Christian2 »

Has anyone heard from Jac3510?

Thanks.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Jac3510

Post by Philip »

Not that I'm aware of - and I highly doubt we ever will.
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Christian2 »

Philip wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:15 pm Not that I'm aware of - and I highly doubt we ever will.
I know he has a church. I was hoping we could listen to some of his sermons.

Thanks.
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

I remember he had a Blog but he stopped posting on it early in 2016.
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Philip wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:15 pm Not that I'm aware of - and I highly doubt we ever will.
Is that the same Jac that used to post on these boards, the one who used the Jack of spades or clubs as an avatar?
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Christian2 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:01 pm
I know he has a church. I was hoping we could listen to some of his sermons.

Thanks.
Jac has a church? First I hear of it. He's fine and well, I've kept in touch with him. We spoke only a few days ago. He is active on a Catholic site http://forums.avemariaradio.net/ (and no, he's not crossing the Tiber, far from it). He goes by 'TheJack' there.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Stu: Is that the same Jac that used to post on these boards, the one who used the Jack of spades or clubs as an avatar?
The same.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Philip wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:54 am
Stu: Is that the same Jac that used to post on these boards, the one who used the Jack of spades or clubs as an avatar?
The same.
Ah, was there some kind of fall out or what?
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:03 am
The same.
Jac3510 is still a member here, and has much to offer this forum if he decides to post again.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Stu: Ah, was there some kind of fall out or what?
You'd have to ask Jac, or you can read his last post.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

RickD wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:10 am
The same.
Jac3510 is still a member here, and has much to offer this forum if he decides to post again.
Wasn't Jac, banned?
Or has he been un-banned?

FWIW, I think he was right. When you associate an action with a group of people you are in fact alluding that the trait represents them as such, otherwise, why make the comparison in the first place.

It is just infuriating to hide behind technical points and not see how your words can wound. To say someone uses a Nazi tactic, is to attribute naziness to them. Otherwise, why use the reference--because it carries connotation--indirect and subtle as it may be. The underline is that this group shares something with the Nazi's even if it is that tactic.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Wasn't Jac, banned?
Yes, but not permanently.
His ban has been over for a while.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Hi Christian2,

This is just a fly-by post as someone emailed me to inform you that you had asked about my absence. Per my beliefs about group dynamics I think I've shared on this board (I know I have elsewhere), I think public questions/comments deserve public responses and so this quick post rather than a mere PM. Please know that you (or anyone else who wishes to communicate with me) can email me at cmm1005@gmail.com for future reference. I'm certainly not here to advertise another board, but for the sake of being complete, Byblos has mentioned somewhere I've been an active poster for more than a few years if you want to talk there. Further, as I've just signed in for I think the first time in over a year, I also just noticed your PM from last year as well. I'll answer that and be off again.

Deleted second paragraph!

Many blessings,

Chris

The rest of Jac's post was deleted, as, per the rules, posters are not allowed to criticize mods publicly for warnings or bans. If Jac (or anyone else) wants to address a past situation or mod decision, they will need to contact any one of the mods privately. He nor anyone else will be allowed to publicly appeal to others with insinuations or accusations concerning the mods or their decisions.

edit2:

No, I won't be back.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

neo-x wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:57 pm
RickD wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:10 am
The same.
Wasn't Jac, banned?

FWIW, I think he was right. When you associate an action with a group of people you are in fact alluding that the trait represents them as such, otherwise, why make the comparison in the first place.

It is just infuriating to hide behind technical points and not see how your words can wound. To say someone uses a Nazi tactic, is to attribute naziness to them. Otherwise, why use the reference--because it carries connotation--indirect and subtle as it may be. The underline is that this group shares something with the Nazi's even if it is that tactic.
Nazi tactic ? Was he implying, in some way, that we act like a group of Nazis ?
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Hey, you have two accounts don't you Hamster?

Warning: You're only meant to have one account.

*Kurieuo nods to other mods to start firing up the gas chambers*
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)