Survival of the Fittest

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 6782
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 288 times
Been liked: 525 times

Survival of the Fittest

#1

Post by Philip » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:16 am

How nature's food chain works, as designed by God - perfectly demonstrated!

Image

Osprey flys away with its combo "take-out" meal: a shark with the very last portions of its own fish prey still in process of being swallowed. That's what Darwinists call a "win-win" scenario!

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 19776
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino
Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 950 times

Re: Survival of the Fittest

#2

Post by RickD » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:22 am

Meat is murder!

#vegan4life
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 9625
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia
Has liked: 585 times
Been liked: 615 times

Re: Survival of the Fittest

#3

Post by Kurieuo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:56 pm

I was just talking to Mrs K about chickens and how they must be quite fit. The irony in being fat, unable to fly and apart of every predators diet has allowed them to be the most populous bird on the planet. ;)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 19776
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino
Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 950 times

Re: Survival of the Fittest

#4

Post by RickD » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:31 pm

Kurieuo wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:56 pm
I was just talking to Mrs K about chickens and how they must be quite fit. The irony in being fat, unable to fly and apart of every predators diet has allowed them to be the most populous bird on the planet. ;)
Did you come up with that on your own, or did you and Mrs K put your two brain cells together?

Ever since the fall, Adam's sin has caused mankind to murder innocent animals for pleasure. In my vegan picture bible next to Exodus 20:13, is a picture of a man murdering a chicken, to use it for His gluttonous pleasure.

You meat eaters make me sick.

#scrambledeggsarenotmurder
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 9625
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia
Has liked: 585 times
Been liked: 615 times

Re: Survival of the Fittest

#5

Post by Kurieuo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:25 pm

On a more serious note, it lead into a discussion about how "survival of the fittest" has been rather broadstroked across all life, for why we have what we do. That is, within a naturalistic scenario for origins of the species.

In actuality, what I see is a system of creatures, plants, life -- an ecosystem -- and if you take one element out that ecosystem can change dramatically or just collapse. Yet, species are in an ecosystem and it makes no sense to say they survived because they were more fit or the like, rather they either fit in or they don't to a particular order in their system. It might be, they fit in as being the ones all others feed upon, yet this doesn't necessarily mean they will become extinct e.g., the delicious chicken. It seems that the same could and would occur in an ecosystem without human involvement.

So what then of this "survival of the fittest" idea? Is it more myth than reality? I'm sure it's true in various instances, yet I don't see how it can be broadstroked when being fit isn't always necessary for survival.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 6782
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 288 times
Been liked: 525 times

Re: Survival of the Fittest

#6

Post by Philip » Tue May 22, 2018 6:21 pm

Another great food chain photo - this time a eagle, fox and rabbit. I suppose the fox came to his senses in time?

Image

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 19776
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino
Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 950 times

Re: Survival of the Fittest

#7

Post by RickD » Tue May 22, 2018 7:08 pm

This part of the photo was cut out. It shows who is at the top of the food chain.
Image
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
1over137
Technical Admin
Posts: 4960
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 6:05 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Slovakia
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 249 times
Contact:

Re: Survival of the Fittest

#8

Post by 1over137 » Tue May 22, 2018 9:02 pm

Kurieuo wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:56 pm
I was just talking to Mrs K about chickens and how they must be quite fit. The irony in being fat, unable to fly and apart of every predators diet has allowed them to be the most populous bird on the planet. ;)
Plus, when they release (what is right word? :) ) egg, all chickens sing like having joy from that egg.
Predator would easily hear them.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart

Blessed
Valued Member
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:01 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Los Angeles, Florida, Las Vegas
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 16 times
Contact:

Re: Survival of the Fittest

#9

Post by Blessed » Tue May 22, 2018 9:13 pm

Does anyone here believe animals have souls?

I don't feel this was how animals were intended to be. God made animals. Everything God made was good and perfect. Somehow survival of the fittest happened.

I am not sure if or how animals are related to the fall of man. I don't know. Nature is beautiful but it is cruel and evil and the same time. It has no mercy. Takes no prisoners. The way animals die in the wild is, painful, even horrific. You don't want to know how wild dogs kill prey. It could change your feelings about dogs. Dogs don't take any prisoners either.

Blessed
Valued Member
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:01 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Los Angeles, Florida, Las Vegas
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 16 times
Contact:

Re: Survival of the Fittest

#10

Post by Blessed » Tue May 22, 2018 9:19 pm

Philip wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:16 am
How nature's food chain works, as designed by God - perfectly demonstrated!

Image

Osprey flys away with its combo "take-out" meal: a shark with the very last portions of its own fish prey still in process of being swallowed. That's what Darwinists call a "win-win" scenario!
Osprey had to murder the fish to sustain itself. Osprey was designed by God. But "survival of the fittest" was not designed by God. That was obviously designed by Lucifer. I have no proof of this of course.

Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 6782
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 288 times
Been liked: 525 times

Re: Survival of the Fittest

#11

Post by Philip » Wed May 23, 2018 1:11 pm

Blessed: Somehow survival of the fittest happened.
And that "Somehow" was GOD! He designed the predator/prey relationships. The ancient fossil record before man was / is rich in blood, gore and fang! As for killing animals somehow being bad or evil - WHO exactly commanded the animal sacrificial system and found their flesh burning on the altar a "pleasing aroma?" GOD!

Read all about it: https://rarebible.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... and-grain/

God likes a good BBQ! :yes: (He just wasn't too keen on pork :roll: )

Blessed
Valued Member
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:01 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Los Angeles, Florida, Las Vegas
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 16 times
Contact:

Re: Survival of the Fittest

#12

Post by Blessed » Wed May 23, 2018 1:49 pm

Philip wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 1:11 pm
Blessed: Somehow survival of the fittest happened.
And that "Somehow" was GOD! He designed the predator/prey relationships. The ancient fossil record before man was / is rich in blood, gore and fang! As for killing animals somehow being bad or evil - WHO exactly commanded the animal sacrificial system and found their flesh burning on the altar a "pleasing aroma?" GOD!

Read all about it: https://rarebible.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... and-grain/

God likes a good BBQ! :yes: (He just wasn't too keen on pork :roll: )
No.

You're wrong my friend. Satan designed it. Some type of argument with God or consent to challenge. Has to be. It fits in perfectly with Satan's/evils philosophy. The weak shall perish etc. God doesn't promote survival of the fittest in heaven. Not possible.

In a new heaven and new earth evil will be taken away, if there are still animals, survival of the fittest kill or be killed will not exist.

I do not know if animals have souls. However they meet the criteria - on various levels - as sentient beings. Animals also have senses humans do not know about and cannot possess. People on drugs which dramatically enhance visual acuity report birds and dolphins are watching them.

User avatar
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:09 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Southern California
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Survival of the Fittest

#13

Post by BavarianWheels » Wed May 23, 2018 1:55 pm

Philip wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 1:11 pm
Blessed: Somehow survival of the fittest happened.
And that "Somehow" was GOD! He designed the predator/prey relationships. The ancient fossil record before man was / is rich in blood, gore and fang! As for killing animals somehow being bad or evil - WHO exactly commanded the animal sacrificial system and found their flesh burning on the altar a "pleasing aroma?" GOD!

Read all about it: https://rarebible.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... and-grain/

God likes a good BBQ! :yes: (He just wasn't too keen on pork :roll: )
I'm hoping this is sarcasm because to promote that God ACTUALLY and LITERALLY delights in flesh burning is quite a statement and one I do not agree with at all.
.
.

Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 6782
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 288 times
Been liked: 525 times

Re: Survival of the Fittest

#14

Post by Philip » Wed May 23, 2018 2:24 pm

I'm hoping this is sarcasm because to promote that God ACTUALLY and LITERALLY delights in flesh burning is quite a statement and one I do not agree with at all.
God delighted in the sacrifices and what they represented, not the burning flesh. But make no mistake, it was God that implemented the sacrificial system. He had these animals slaughtered and burned on the altar. Note God used animal skins to clothe Adam and Eve. God created the predator / prey system - why do you think carnivores and omnivores like bears have canines - as opposed to the kind teeth of herbivores have? Just because peace will one day come, even to the animal kingdom, this has nothing to do with who set up the system as it is now. And if this were somehow wrong, God would have forbidden the eating of animal flesh.

User avatar
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:09 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Southern California
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Survival of the Fittest

#15

Post by BavarianWheels » Wed May 23, 2018 2:58 pm

Philip wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 2:24 pm
I'm hoping this is sarcasm because to promote that God ACTUALLY and LITERALLY delights in flesh burning is quite a statement and one I do not agree with at all.
God delighted in the sacrifices and what they represented, not the burning flesh. But make no mistake, it was God that implemented the sacrificial system. He had these animals slaughtered and burned on the altar. Note God used animal skins to clothe Adam and Eve. God created the predator / prey system - why do you think carnivores and omnivores like bears have canines - as opposed to the kind teeth of herbivores have? Just because peace will one day come, even to the animal kingdom, this has nothing to do with who set up the system as it is now. And if this were somehow wrong, God would have forbidden the eating of animal flesh.
I'll repeat: I'm hoping this is sarcasm because to promote that God ACTUALLY and LITERALLY delights in flesh burning is quite a statement and one I do not agree with at all.
.
.

Post Reply