Calling All Geeks: "How do I ... ?" Etc.

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: Calling All Geeks: "How do I ... ?" Etc.

Post by Byblos »

JButler wrote:Glad you found the solution because I still don't know where in Win 10 that little menu was stuffed. I feel your pain having been in a bind so many times and the instructions on where/how to fix DO NOT match up with what I'm seeing on my PC.

I try not to let my kid find out because I'll get cute remark about "should buy an Apple pc".
It should be in the same place I described or thereabout. If you would like me to take a look at it, download Teamviewer and PM me so we can set up a time to connect. I will need the partner Id and temporary password. Don't worry, I can only connect when you allow it (but hide those private screen savor photos will ya :esurprised: ).
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

The older one gets, the less prone to wanting to read through ridiculously and poorly written (and translated) manuals to just learn how to do simple functions. Basic everyday functions should be written in simple bulletpoint steps - I don't need to rezd through the techie version of "War and Peace."

I confess I'm becoming a dinosaur with some things. I despise most social media and how it is used. Facebooking Twittermen - I don't need to know you popped a pimple today!

OK, I'm on a tear here, but you get it.
JButler
Established Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by JButler »

Philip wrote:The older one gets, the less prone to wanting to read through ridiculously and poorly written (and translated) manuals to just learn how to do simple functions. Basic everyday functions should be written in simple bulletpoint steps - I don't need to rezd through the techie version of "War and Peace."

I confess I'm becoming a dinosaur with some things. I despise most social media and how it is used. Facebooking Twittermen - I don't need to know you popped a pimple today!

OK, I'm on a tear here, but you get it.
Its challenging enough just to deal with my personal "smart" machines. But at work the sheer number of software programs were always changing, "updating" they called it. "Updating" was code for fixing something broken but causing new broken stuff. I spent half my time just dealing with PC issues and we had a good IT dept but they were always swamped too.

Yeh, I don't miss the chaos and stress at all. :ebiggrin:
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.