Bad endings in Movies

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Bad endings in Movies

Post by Nessa »

So what is it with movies that have bad endings?

I'm talking about watching a movie one moment and the next moment it feels like there is a powercut but NOOOO! It's the end of the freakin' movie..

'Like huh? That was not the end..surely?! I need closure.. Don't leave me hanging grrrrr'

Talk about an anticlimactic evening :econfused:

Stupid movie ending!!

Also hate movies that have closure but are badly written.

Anyone relate?
IceMobster
Christian: No
Sex: Male

Re: Bad endings in Movies

Post by IceMobster »

Yes! "Parallels" is one such movie I watched not long ago.

Nevertheless, I hate even more when the movie has an unrealistic (in most cases, happy) ending. You know, the usual hollywood cliche (or rather, bulls###).
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Vergil
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Vergil »

Spellbinder (1988)

That movie has a bad, very bad, bad ending on which i wished i was the director to change the freaking ending
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
- Jesus Christ

Disappointment is inevitable. But to become discouraged, there's a choice I make. God would never discourage me. He would always point me to himself to trust him. Therefore, my discouragement is from Satan. As you go through the emotions that we have, hostility is not from God, bitterness, unforgiveness, all of these are attacks from Satan.
- Charles Stanley
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

The movie, "The Mist" was inspired by a Steven King book, but took a very, very different direction with it's ending, one even Stephen himself said he wished he had thought of.

Not a bad ending per se, but it's definitely not a movie you want to watch twice.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

Hortator wrote:The movie, "The Mist" was inspired by a Steven King book, but took a very, very different direction with it's ending, one even Stephen himself said he wished he had thought of.

Not a bad ending per se, but it's definitely not a movie you want to watch twice.
The Fog?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Well lookie here :shock: