My heart is broken

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

My heart is broken

Post by Jac3510 »

I think I need to see a therapist. Or a chaplain. Or a rom-com.

Three terrible evils have befallen us in the past two days:

1. Chyna died
2. (The artist formerly known as) Prince died
3. The XBox will no longer be manufactured

I don't know which of those three things I'm more upset about. I mean, I feel like I'll be grieving FOREVER. At least ten whole seconds for each one of these. :crying: :crying: :crying:

What should I do to restore the joy in my life?

All I can think of is this.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: My heart is broken

Post by RickD »

Jac wrote:
What should I do to restore the joy in my life?
Try watching a Chyna WWE match on a DVD played in your XBox, while listening to "1999".
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
crackpot
Familiar Member
Christian: No

Post by crackpot »

Jac3510 wrote:What should I do to restore the joy in my life?
I never knew about Chyna until now, never listened to Prince and never owned an xbox. I'm a happy guy.

Don't you Christians say Something to the effect of "we're all dust" or "to everything there is a season"?

You'll get over losing these losers.

(end of sympathy post)
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Don't know about you guys but I grew up listening to Prince.
Purple rain and when Dove's cry were and are, two of my favorite songs.

He was a very private person and didn't make friends easily BUT when he got to know you, he was very humble and down to earth.

A loss for the music world for sure.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I believe next to Michael Jackson, in the early to mid 1980's, no male pop star was as popular/successful.

Jac is simply too young to understand the "Prince Phenomenon". He didn't live through it.

He was a truly unique performer.

And there are a few of his songs that immediately bring me back to where I was in the 1980's when I listen to them.

The guy was only 57. Died much too early.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote:I believe next to Michael Jackson, in the early to mid 1980's, no male pop star was as popular/successful.

Jac is simply too young to understand the "Prince Phenomenon". He didn't live through it.

And there are a few of his songs that immediately bring me back to where I was in the 1980's when I listen to them.

Jac is probably upseat that Prince took all the attention from Chyna.
:lol:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote:
RickD wrote:I believe next to Michael Jackson, in the early to mid 1980's, no male pop star was as popular/successful.

Jac is probably upseat that Prince took all the attention from Chyna.
:lol:
It's simply unamerican to not like Prince. Sorry Jac. You're unamerican.

-Edward R Murrow

Duggie70
Acquainted Member
Christian: No

Post by Duggie70 »

I have been a huge Prince fan for 20 years. One of my most prized possessions is my Prince CD collection of which I proudly own nearly everything.

It is unfortunate that most of the post-death media and people dwell on his popularity during the mid 1980's. It is true that that was the height of his popularity.

The reality is that he has been creating and performing great music continuously and even up until very recently.

Around 2000 he became a Jehovah's Witness. The album "The Rainbow Children" was a welcome call to those who would accept the good news. And it was funky and infectious!

Recently he seemed to be making a resurgence while playing and recording with a small group of entirely females. He was also touring as a solo act touted as "a piano and a microphone". I was lucky enough to attend two of his shows live in 2002 and in 2012 and both were absolute favorite nights of my life.

I make my living as a recording studio owner and a guitarist. Prince was one of my heroes. I both appreciate and miss the guy.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

You people aren't real Prince fans. If you were, you wouldn't refer to him by his preenlightened name. He ought to be called Image. Now, because such a name is not to be pronounced, you may refer to him as "The Artist."

[/trueImage
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I was only an 80's Prince fan. I think that nameless sign was later on, like 90's or later.

-Edward R Murrow