Hello All

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Halsoft
Acquainted Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Hello All

Post by Halsoft »

Hows it going? Brand new to the site, looking to get involved. I know my profile says I'm not a christian but I'm super friendly to all who seek God. I self identify as a theosopher, looking to get involved in the discussions around here. Not all sure how the website works but I'm open to have conversations with just about anyone on anything, especially matters of things spiritual.
Luke 17:20-21
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Hello All

Post by RickD »

Welcome to the forum, Halsoft! :D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Halsoft wrote:Hows it going? Brand new to the site, looking to get involved. I know my profile says I'm not a christian but I'm super friendly to all who seek God. I self identify as a theosopher, looking to get involved in the discussions around here. Not all sure how the website works but I'm open to have conversations with just about anyone on anything, especially matters of things spiritual.
Hi Halsoft :wave:

I had to google theosopher :oops:

You'll llove this forum :P
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Hello, Hal! Tell us a bit about yourself!
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Philip wrote:Hello, Hal! Tell us a bit about yourself!
No no no, let me tell you about us :P

Rickd is funny..but doesnt really like clowns
ST owns a book store and she does a good deal of pondering
Phil uses caps and eyerolling smilies - thats when you know he really thinks you're great :mrgreen:
Me: Im odd but completely safe..or so Im told ;)
Halsoft
Acquainted Member

Post by Halsoft »

Oh, would it be safe to assume the four people listed are the ones I'll be see posting most often? I'm not sure what the traffic on this website is like yet but I would very much like to stick around if discussions are engaging XD Guess I'll just have to take the time to see what people around here are about.

Hmm... where to begin? Not sure what there is to know about me. I've led an interesting life I suppose. Don't have all that many interests, I keep pretty busy. What were you looking to know?
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Halsoft wrote:Oh, would it be safe to assume the four people listed are the ones I'll be see posting most often? I'm not sure what the traffic on this website is like yet but I would very much like to stick around if discussions are engaging XD Guess I'll just have to take the time to see what people around here are about.

Hmm... where to begin? Not sure what there is to know about me. I've led an interesting life I suppose. Don't have all that many interests, I keep pretty busy. What were you looking to know?
Anything and everything :P

Where are you from?
What do you do?

Favourite book?

And do you spell humour like that, or humor?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Hal, I see you are a fairly young guy and you believe in theistic evolution. So, you DO see the need for some sort of intelligence behind what exists. What are your thoughts on that - a god, gods or God - what have you explored, what are your basic theological beliefs?

BTW, there is a significant number of people posting on this site - believers, theists, agnostics, atheists - a wide range. And within every category of beliefs here, you'll also see some interesting contrasts, nuances - and sometimes very different views, depending upon the topic. Pretty cool, though, we have a rollicking good time discussing both serious and fun topics with a group that hails from around the world. So, again, welcome!
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Story: Where are you from?
What do you do?

Favourite book?

And do you spell humour like that, or humor?
Yeah, and I bet you spell "favorite" differently as well! :lol:
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Greetings Halsoft.
Great to have you here.
So you obviously enjoy pondering the mysteries of the universe.
Looking forward to getting to know your perspective and you :wave:
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Hi Halsoft.
Lotsa versions. For you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u92GbUH-SCA
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Halsoft
Acquainted Member

Post by Halsoft »

Oh wow, heavy responses XD I'm new to forums in general so it'll will take me a while to get an understanding of how to do all the things... Anything and everything? I was born in Anchorage, Alaska and moved around to a few different states while I was younger, both of my parents were in the military. I settled down in Wisconsin for a while and became a vagabond around age 18, but I'm settled in (for now). I kind of consider myself to be from all over. What do I do? People things, I spend a lot of time working with alcoholics and drug addicts in recovery. My favorite book is "A Skanner Darkly" by Philip K. ****. He's my favorite author. To Philip; I haven't always. I was a self proclaimed atheist for most of my life. I mean I don't know that its necessary its just what I believe to be true. I believe in a single god, all encompassing. I've explored a lot of christianity, its whats immediately available, I grew up in the states, I'm english speaking christianity is whats around. I think its interesting that regardless of where in the world you go all communities of people have a basic understanding of god its innate in human nature to seek understanding in the world. I think it would be closed minded to ascribe to one particular belief system and not explore all there is to offer. I read a lot about buddhism, and a little of the q'aran. I pray and meditate through the day most days. I believe in the unity of humanity, first and foremost. I think the best way to find an understanding of god is by studying science, various theological beliefs and philosophical principles. I read basically whatever I can get my hands on related to the topic. I don't really know where to go with any of this, its a lot of really broad topics.
Halsoft
Acquainted Member

Post by Halsoft »

My posts don't seem to be appearing :/
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Welcome Halsoft, don't worry about posts they'll appear once a mod gets to them.
Just the first few need approval which helps us stop spammers.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Kurieuo wrote:Welcome Halsoft, don't worry about posts they'll appear once a mod gets to them.
Just the first few need approval which helps us stop spammers.
Yum!

Spam :P

Mmmmmm, spam fritters....

I`m hungry now :mrgreen: