Why do you use the 'hide' status?

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Why do you use the 'hide' status?

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Nessa wrote:So why do you bother hiding?
I hide because drunk women find me hot.

:bag:
Are you implying you dont have any problems with sober women finding you hot? y:-?
No, nothing of the sort. Only drunk women find me hot.

y:D
That's not true. I'm a sober man, and I find you hot. y:x
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Alright, enough joking around.

Have you noticed how those who really hide have not posted on this topic?

:wave:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Nessa,
People cant disturb you tho even when your not hiding, right?
Of course this is right... my trip in to the "Hidden zone" was based on brevity and anonymity.

I've been working on something for Christmas in here and I was only going to be there a few minutes trying to figure out how to make the pic I want (Postimage) to use the right size. In and out quick is all I wanted. I've used the program once before, a month ago, I then used the preview button to confirm I did ok. The anonymity side of it is just that, I didn't want to get in to any conversations and didn't want to be brought in to any.

Certainly you can just ignore people but it seems to me that the prudent choice, if you don't want contact, don't want to be rude, "hidden" is a good way to avoid it. Your not bothering anyone by remaining hidden unless someone else decides you being hidden is not your option, you can be called out, by name, for using the button the site provides, while looking for the "excuses" one uses to implement the hidden button...

the question is for me, who says it's ok to use the button then rats out the person who does, expecting to hear their excuse for using it ? How does that work ?.. how exactly does that person regain my trust ? Does that person even care ?
Should I ? What else goes on behind the scenes I've never thought of ? This is my first real venture in to the world of forums. I'm as bad on the computer as you are at fixing a jet's black box. I think I know very little about this world, but i do know this, it feels different in here now...

I'm sorry to have upset people, I'll not be using the hidden button any time soon... if ever.
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:Nessa,
Of course this is right... my trip in to the "Hidden zone" was based on brevity and anonymity.

I've been working on something for Christmas in here and I was only going to be there a few minutes trying to figure out how to make the pic I want (Postimage) to use the right size. In and out quick is all I wanted. I've used the program once before, a month ago, I then used the preview button to confirm I did ok. The anonymity side of it is just that, I didn't want to get in to any conversations and didn't want to be brought in to any.

Certainly you can just ignore people but it seems to me that the prudent choice, if you don't want contact, don't want to be rude, "hidden" is a good way to avoid it. Your not bothering anyone by remaining hidden unless someone else decides you being hidden is not your option, you can be called out, by name, for using the button the site provides, while looking for the "excuses" one uses to implement the hidden button...

the question is for me, who says it's ok to use the button then rats out the person who does, expecting to hear their excuse for using it ? How does that work ?.. how exactly does that person regain my trust ? Does that person even care ?
Should I ? What else goes on behind the scenes I've never thought of ? This is my first real venture in to the world of forums. I'm as bad on the computer as you are at fixing a jet's black box. I think I know very little about this world, but i do know this, it feels different in here now...

I'm sorry to have upset people, I'll not be using the hidden button any time soon... if ever.
ES,

I think Nessa meant this thread as a kind of fun poke at those who hide online. Nessa herself, hides as much as anyone here.

I really hope you're not letting this upset you.

Perhaps, something else is bothering you?

You are among friends. y>:D<
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:Nessa,

Hey E.S,

There is nothing wrong with using the hide status, I was just curious over people's logic in using it.

Rick, indeed, has this terrible habit of letting the world know im hiding. Its all in fun and I dont believe he would do that to others :ewink:

I say we should all be hidden all the time, then we can talk like.ghosts from outta nowhere :bag:
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

E.S. this forum is totally all in good fun.
Like me.
I'm a lurker. I won't log in to catch up on threads or check them.
Because I don't see a reason for it. I log on to reply, that's it :lol:
Keep doing what you're doing. Peace brother y@};-
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Was looking on the active topics list and theres...

'why do you use 'the hide' status' then straight after..
'how do you stop terriorism'

So my fluffy thread looks extra fluffy and shallow!! :shakehead: :lol: