Another fluffy thread

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Another fluffy thread

Post by Nessa »

How would you respond if...

Someone bumps into you and the drink you're holding spills all over you, they then tell you that you should be more careful? :shock:

A stranger bursts out into tears infront of you....

You sit down in a park to have lunch where there are heaps and heaps of seats and someone comes and sits right next to you....

Someone gives you a gift you hate and they ask you if you like it?.....

Someone you dont know well makes you a coffee at their house and it tastes absolutely disgusting, do you still drink it?....
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Another fluffy thread

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

You are very good at this type of thread.

You are an excellent addition to this site.

y)>-
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Nessa wrote:How would you respond if...

Someone bumps into you and the drink you're holding spills all over you, they then tell you that you should be more careful? :shock: If it was a stranger, I would be speechless and go red. Inwardly I would be thinking you *******. If it was kerry, I'd have something to say - out loud ;)

A stranger bursts out into tears infront of you....if it was a woman, I might ask if they are ok? (The typical dumb thing to say to someone who is obviously upset or hurt :roll: ) If it was a hot guy, I would throw my arms around him and comfort him y:^o

You sit down in a park to have lunch where there are heaps and heaps of seats and someone comes and sits right next to you....I have actually had something very similar happen. The guy asked if I would mind if he sat down next to me. I said sure, I was just going anyway :running:

Someone gives you a gift you hate and they ask you if you like it?.....I would either lie or say thankyou all over again. If it was kerry, I would be more honest

Someone you dont know well makes you a coffee at their house and it tastes absolutely disgusting, do you still drink it?..I have had something similar happen here too. I ended up getting something like milk and hot water at someones home. There were lots of us and obviously something got mixed up. I drunk it. Tasted luke warm and disgusting. Was too shy to say anything :oops:
Last edited by Nessa on Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Someone bumps into you and the drink you're holding spills all over you, they then tell you that you should be more careful? :shock:

You sit down in a park to have lunch where there are heaps and heaps of seats and someone comes and sits right next to you....

Someone you dont know well makes you a coffee at their house and it tastes absolutely disgusting, do you still drink it?....
Why did they burst into tears?It sounds like a creepy stranger was hitting on you and you gave in,went to their house and this person made you coffee that did'nt taste good.
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

abelcainsbrother wrote:

Why did they burst into tears?It sounds like a stranger was hitting on you and you gave in,went to their house and this person made you coffee that did'nt taste good.
Im not sure if you are kidding? y:-/
They are all different scenarios
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Nessa wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:

Why did they burst into tears?It sounds like a stranger was hitting on you and you gave in,went to their house and this person made you coffee that did'nt taste good.
Im not sure if you are kidding? y:-/
They are all different scenarios
I realized that after you answered it.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:You are very good at this type of thread.

y)>-
Thanks, I think? :lol:
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Nessa wrote:Thanks, I think? :lol:
Why the doubt? I was serious. I can't answer the questions you asked because none of this has ever happened to me.

:D
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Nessa wrote:

y)>-
I hope I did'nt offend you or anything,it was probably me,the way I read it or interpreted it,not you. I did'nt read it like you answered it.

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Nessa wrote:Thanks, I think? :lol:
Why the doubt? I was serious. I can't answer the questions you asked because none of this has ever happened to me.

You can't do hypotheticals? Most of mine were ;)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Nessa wrote:

y)>-
I hope I did'nt offend you or anything,it was probably me,the way I read it or interpreted it,not you. I did'nt read it like you answered it.
No offence what so ever.
I'd be interested in hearing your responses tho, if you are willing to share :esmile:
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

I don't think it would happen to me because I'll move my shoulder at the last moment if need be to avoid it.I have never had it happen so far that I can remember.
A stranger bursts out into tears infront of you....I would probably pray a silent prayer for them.I have saw this happen before but I did'nt know why.

You sit down in a park to have lunch where there are heaps and heaps of seats and someone comes and sits right next to you....Never happened to me before,it was always somebody I already knew but I think they were up to something if I did not know them,some prank or something.

It is the thought that counts to me,I'd keep it even if I did'nt like it or need it. I could find somwhere it could go.
I would not drink it and I'd probably tell them in a nice way it does'nt taste good or say I'm sorry but I don't like it.

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Nessa wrote:
You can't do hypotheticals? Most of mine were ;)
I don't do hypotheticals. There are too many variables.* That's why I don't consider topics like the one on personality tests or the one on spiritual gifts.

Carry on.

*Example: the one about the person bumping into me and spilling my drink. What drink? hot coffee? expensive scotch? And the shirt I'm wearing...is it a cheap shirt with paint stains or a $200 shirt? Is the person bumping into me an old lady who can't see very well, or a young punk who smells of beer and pot... I could go on. Capiche?

+ + +

+ + +
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

abelcainsbrother wrote:

I don't think it would happen to me because I'll move my shoulder at the last moment if need be to avoid it.I have never had it happen so far that I can remember.
A stranger bursts out into tears infront of you....I would probably pray a silent prayer for them.I have saw this happen before but I did'nt know why.

You sit down in a park to have lunch where there are heaps and heaps of seats and someone comes and sits right next to you....Never happened to me before,it was always somebody I already knew but I think they were up to something if I did not know them,some prank or something.

It is the thought that counts to me,I'd keep it even if I did'nt like it or need it. I could find somwhere it could go.
I would not drink it and I'd probably tell them in a nice way it does'nt taste good or say I'm sorry but I don't like it.
None of your responses really suprise me.
I guess I must be getting to know you a bit through reading your posts :)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
*Example: the one about the person bumping into me and spilling my drink. What drink? hot coffee? expensive scotch? And the shirt I'm wearing...is it a cheap shirt with paint stains or a $200 shirt? Is the person bumping into me an old lady who can't see very well, or a young punk who smells of beer and pot... I could go on. Capiche?
I feel like I must apologise in advance...
You might still be thinking about all the possible varibilities at 1am in the morning y(:|