Motivate Me

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Motivate Me

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:How would licking my dog show I matter to him?
By speaking his language. Dogs lick us to show their love. If you lick him, he thinks you're showing your love. Duh!
The blimmen dog is not the one posting on a freakin' board needing some love and affection.though :econfused: :lol:
Another good point! y:-?

How dumb do I look? Outsmarted by two women! y#-o
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:How would licking my dog show I matter to him?
By speaking his language. Dogs lick us to show their love. If you lick him, he thinks you're showing your love. Duh!
The blimmen dog is not the one posting on a freakin' board needing some love and affection.though :econfused: :lol:
Another good point! y:-?

How dumb do I look? Outsmarted by two women! y#-o
:mrgreen: :wave:
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:I don't know how much more of this kinda talk I can take. I think I may be starting to lactate.
And you say kurieuo is the feminin one around here....dont think hes um lactated yet...
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:I don't know how much more of this kinda talk I can take. I think I may be starting to lactate.
And you say kurieuo is the feminin one around here....dont think hes um lactated yet...
:pound:
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

This is for us 'debbie downers' and 'ricky uppers?' :lol:
Steven wrote this song for his dad.
The visual is crap - unless you like staring at the back of women's heads.... y/:]
Just close your eyes and listen to the lyrics. Very emotional and moving..even motivational

i just may sing it in the shower :P
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:ever just feel kinda flat?

maybe its the painkillers. I just feel low. I wana feel special, ya know? like I matter to someone, anyone.
Go lick your dog then.
Dog's like licking themselves.
Seems to make them happy. :shock:

Do you have a place where you can just go to think?
If you can, just stop what you're doing, and go for a drive somewhere.
Go get a coffee, sit in a park (that looks really bad for us guys if we don't take the kids! :P).

Sometimes you just have to break from your normal surroundings.
That can help make you feel better. Gives you time to think about whatever it is bugging you.
Come up with a solution or something, or just a distraction.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Nessa wrote:This is for us 'debbie downers' and 'ricky uppers?' :lol:
The visual is crap - unless you like staring at the back of women's heads.... y/:]
Just close your eyes and listen to the lyrics. Very emotional and moving..even motivational

Couldn`t listen to it as I have no sound on my computer at work but I looked up the lyrics and they are beautiful, made me cry! (In a good way)

Nessa, thank you, it really does help :)

(How are you feeling today my fellow `Debbie Downer`?) xx
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:ever just feel kinda flat?

maybe its the painkillers. I just feel low. I wana feel special, ya know? like I matter to someone, anyone.
Go lick your dog then.
Dog's like licking themselves.

Do you have a place where you can just go to think?
If you can, just stop what you're doing, and go for a drive somewhere.
Go get a coffee, sit in a park (that looks really bad for us guys if we don't take the kids! :P).

Sometimes you just have to break from your normal surroundings.
That can help make you feel better. Gives you time to think about whatever it is bugging you.
Come up with a solution or something, or just a distraction.
Had a walk (well hobble actually) with the dog along the beach this morning with the dog, it helped clear my head a little. I really do find such peace by the sea.
I feel a little better this morning, I think it`s worse at night, ya know? When it`s late and dark. I just feel trapped somehow, I know that probably doesn`t make sense. It doesn`t help with my ankle either as it`s at it`s worst at night. I has a physio session last week with some weight bearing exercises to do, saw them again this morning and I need to go back a step due to the new swelling and increase in pain. They now think I have badly bruised the bone which apparently hurts as much as a fracture with the same amount of healing time. I have to rest my ankle as much as I can over the weekend and if it hasn`t settled down they will x-ray it again. If they do find a fracture (nothing showed up on the first one) then I am right back at the start!

It`s weird, I used to be known for my even temperament, I would just coast along, nothing really got to me, now...... well, I am wayyyyy more emotional than I used to be. Maybe I always have in the back of my mind the fear that I will, or could, slip back into depression. It`s like I have to learn how to feel down again without assuming it`s the onset of depression again.

It`s hard to figure out sometimes, what it is, if anything, that`s bugging me. Maybe it`s just getting used to feeling a variation of emotions, deeply and fully rather than just kinda skimming along.

A lot has happened over the last few months, a lot to take in and there`s a lot to ponder. I just need to go with the flow a little more I think.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote: Dog's like licking themselves.
Annette's not a dog though :mrgreen:
Last edited by Nessa on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Storyteller wrote:
It`s hard to figure out sometimes, what it is, if anything, that`s bugging me. Maybe it`s just getting used to feeling a variation of emotions, deeply and fully rather than just kinda skimming along.

A lot has happened over the last few months, a lot to take in and there`s a lot to ponder. I just need to go with the flow a little more I think.
Do you journal your thoughts?
Feeling emotions fully can be hard.

Its like you can feel numb then suddenly someone does or says something and its like
'OH yeeeeeahhh, theres my heart' as you pick it up off the floor
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Nessa wrote:
Storyteller wrote:

Its like you can feel numb then suddenly someone does or says something and its like
I do indeed, always have, and it does help.

Know exactly what you mean about picking up your heart from the floor.

I think because I was depressed for so long, without knowing it (it was undiagnosed for nearly seven years) I get jittery if I feel down, especially as I normally consider myself a positive, upbeat kind of soul.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Storyteller wrote:
Nessa wrote:This is for us 'debbie downers' and 'ricky uppers?' :lol:

Couldn`t listen to it as I have no sound on my computer at work but I looked up the lyrics and they are beautiful, made me cry! (In a good way)

Nessa, thank you, it really does help :)

(How are you feeling today my fellow `Debbie Downer`?) xx
About the same but slightly better after you lot y>:D< ..
..spent alot of of time msging our lovely mel too :mrgreen:
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Storyteller wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Storyteller wrote:

I do indeed, always have, and it does help.

Know exactly what you mean about picking up your heart from the floor.

I think because I was depressed for so long, without knowing it (it was undiagnosed for nearly seven years) I get jittery if I feel down, especially as I normally consider myself a positive, upbeat kind of soul.
Maybe a fear of depression that makes you hypersensitive to any niggly sad feelings..even normal ones
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Quite probably.

I will be okay, I always am, I just get tired sometimes, and I suppose fed up of pretending that I`m okay when I`m not. A front perhaps? Part of it is I don`t want to bring everyone else down, ya know? I am actually really glad you started this thread, it makes me feel less alone :)
Maybe sometimes, it`s good to just let it all out.

I had a long chat with God last night, poured my heart out to Him..... I`m still waiting for Him to get back to me :mrgreen:

I really do appreciate all the love shown on here from you and the others. It really does help, knowing that people care.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Story, of course you probably know this, but make sure you are getting plenty of light and sleep and eat right. When I suffered depression, these really helped me out. If you can do some type of stationary exercise that doesn't stress your ankle, that would be good, too.

Man, if I could take morning walks on the beach, how incredible! My walks are through our forested hills and countryside - also good.