Motivate Me

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Motivate Me

Post by Storyteller »

Philip wrote:Story, of course you probably know this, but make sure you are getting plenty of light and sleep and eat right. When I suffered depression, these really helped me out. If you can do some type of stationary exercise that doesn't stress your ankle, that would be good, too.

Man, if I could take morning walks on the beach, how incredible! My walks are through our forested hills and countryside - also good.
Thanks philip y>:D<

Yeah, I make sure I get out every day, I can get about with my walking boot so I hobble along the beach, just for 20 minutes or so. I absolutely love being by the sea, it calms me, I feel close to God there. Sleeping is a little more difficult, only because of my ankle, but I`m not doing too badly sleeping considering.
I am looking after myself, being careful, and if I feel down for more than a few days I will pop into the doctors, just to make sure. I don`t think I`m becoming depressed, am sure I just feel a little blue that`s all but having said that, I didn`t think I was depressed last time....

Honestly though, I think I just need to be patient, not beat myself up over the fact I`m not as happy go lucky as I normally am and take things slowly.

Forset hills and countryside are pretty cool too. I am so, so lucky where I live, I have the sea right at the bottom of my road (I can hera the sea from my bedroom with the window open) and have the South Downs about 4 miles away, so I get the best of both worlds. :)
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Story: I can hear the sea from my bedroom with the window open
Well, I can put 8 hours of YT wave and surf sounds over my bluetooth speaker in so desired. :D KIND OF the same but without the seagull doo. :lol:
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Philip wrote:
Story: I can hear the sea from my bedroom with the window open
Well, I can put 8 hours of YT wave and surf sounds over my bluetooth speaker in so desired. :D KIND OF the same but without the seagull doo. :lol:
:lol:

You miss out on the gorgeous scent of yhe sea air too.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Annette,

Can you see France from the sea where you live?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

On a clear day with a telescope, maybe. To be honest I've never looked.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

The English Channel is approximately -19 nautical miles (38000 yards) or 35 kilometres (35000 mtrs) - wide at its narrowest point (actually 18.2 nm from Shakespeare Beach, Dover to Cap Gris Nez, France).

The curvature of the earth allows no more than 11 nautical miles "sight" distancing at an elevation of 100 ft.. at 300 ft. you can see 19.8 nautical miles. I love Google ! So St, you'll need a soap box and your "disco days" heels to see France from where you are ! :ebiggrin:

:oops: you're not even old enough to remember the "disco days" are you ?
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:The English Channel is approximately -19 nautical miles (38000 yards) or 35 kilometres (35000 mtrs) - wide at its narrowest point (actually 18.2 nm from Shakespeare Beach, Dover to Cap Gris Nez, France).

The curvature of the earth allows no more than 11 nautical miles "sight" distancing at an elevation of 100 ft.. at 300 ft. you can see 19.8 nautical miles. I love Google ! So St, you'll need a soap box and your "disco days" heels to see France from where you are ! :ebiggrin:

I tried google, obviously didnt ask the right question! Did find out some interesting stuff about Littlehampton though :D

Disco days? Like Saturday Night Fever you mean? Nope :mrgreen:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:The English Channel is approximately -19 nautical miles (38000 yards) or 35 kilometres (35000 mtrs) - wide at its narrowest point (actually 18.2 nm from Shakespeare Beach, Dover to Cap Gris Nez, France).

Of course Storyteller remembers disco! She ain't no spring chicken, you know! She was born the same year that the Beatles released Let it Be.

But of course, we're only as old as we feel. Hey Annette, how's the ankle? :mrgreen: :pound:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote:

Of course Storyteller remembers disco! She ain't no spring chicken, you know! She was born the same year that the Beatles released Let it Be.

But of course, we're only as old as we feel. Hey Annette, how's the ankle? :mrgreen: :pound:
y[-(
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Hey, I remember those Disco Days. I remember going to a disco a couple of times to watch the spectacle (but I never got out on the floor). But I really didn't fit in to that scene/didn't look trendy - and I absolutely DETESTED disco music. Because, in 1978, until a few days before I turned 21, I still had my hippie-era hair that was way past my shoulders/down my back - which stood out like a sore thumb in a disco. I guess I was a last holdout, because most of the original hippies (I was a lot younger than the originals), had cut their hair by then. My dad had a military background and hated and was always on me about my hair. So I surprised him and showed up from my 21st birthday with short hair. Dad didn't recognize me, but when he did, he said, "Son, you're BACK in the will!" :lol:
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Im gonna hide my laptop, phones...and go enjoy my day..even the sun is shinning :mrgreen:
Thanks for all your posts y>:D<
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Nessa wrote:Im gonna hide my laptop, phones...and go enjoy my day..even the sun is shinning :mrgreen:
Thanks for all your posts y>:D<
Have a great day honey!

And thank you for starting this thread, it has helped me a lot too xxx
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »