Pet Peeves

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by RickD »

melanie wrote:
Nessa wrote:
melanie wrote:And not being able to find my phone, charger, keys, wallet, TV remote, sunglasses, and occasionally my sanity :mrgreen:
wondr.jpg

I wanted to be Wonder Woman when I grew up :ebiggrin:
Me too!!!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

melanie wrote:
Nessa wrote:
melanie wrote:And not being able to find my phone, charger, keys, wallet, TV remote, sunglasses, and occasionally my sanity :mrgreen:
wondr.jpg

me too! I begged my mum for a wonder woman outfit. I remember sitting on grandad's knee and asking him too.

Not sure at that age I would have given the outfit justice though :lol:
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
melanie wrote:
Nessa wrote:
wondr.jpg

Me too!!!

Recent pic, rickd? ;)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

oh and spouses that hog the duvet cover, I end up with practically nothing and he has the nerve to tug back when I try to reclaim some :shock:
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

Nessa wrote:oh and spouses that hog the duvet cover, I end up with practically nothing and he has the nerve to tug back when I try to reclaim some :shock:
Haha yep.
What is the go with that??
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

It's probably more of a fear than a pet peeve....
Flying insects.
In particular bees and wasps.
They are unpredictable and can come at you from any angle.

I take my dog everyday for a walk or run depending on how energetic I'm feeling. I go off the path and right down by the lake, its very pretty, with lots of trees and vegetation. Last summer there was a bee hive in a tree right near where I had to walk past, it always freaked me out, depending how buzzy the bees were that day would depend if I would walk through, sometimes I would turn back and walk on the footpath but it's close to the road and not near as pretty. The last few weeks I noticed the bees were returning. I have been really looking forward to spring, but not so much as I have feared the return of the bees and swooping killer magpies.
So I headed off this afternoon with my dog, went down by the lake and past the bees. There were a few but not too many, happy days. Then I headed up the embankment as it gets to thick with vegetation to continue on and there is no dirt path up onto the main path that runs right next to a fairly busy road.
I look down at my arm and there is a bee, sitting on my sleeve. I stop and freak out slightly but I'm telling myself it's all good, just flick it off. I give it a flick and it starts buzzing around me. My dog is off the leash so I start swinging the lead around like I'm Indiana Jones, then it lands on my other sleeve. I am now starting to lose my composure. I want to just rip my top off but the are quite a few cars driving past and I hadn't put on a sports crop top, I was only wearing a bra underneath. So I pick up a stick and give it a flick, it flies away, then comes back and lands on the same sleeve.
By this stage I'm positive this bee has it in for me, and I'm going to get stung. So I wriggle my arm out of the sleeve, grasp it at the top near the shoulder with my hand from inside my top and give it a good shake.
Bee flies away. Now I have my hair in a messy bun tied loosely with a hair tie. The bee flies into my hair, I can hear it buzzing in my hair right next to my ear.
I lose it.
I grab at my hair pull the hair tie out and start shaking my head, dancing around on the spot, squealing, rustling my fingers through my hair, while I'm doing this, I still have one arm inside my shirt that is now out of my shirt so half my top is off. My dog has no idea what's going on, so she's barking and running around me in circles, I'm half naked, jumping around, shaking my head around, rustling my hair everywhere while cars are driving past me. I caught the look on one guys face as he drove past in his ute, let's just say I have no words. Priceless.
I would have looked like I just escaped from the mental hospital.
I don't like bees
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Or...you could've avoided all the drama, by just leaving the bee alone. It would've flown away. Bees are attracted to pretty flowers...not pretty blondes. :mrgreen:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

I tried the calm approach, it didn't work!
It kept coming at me.
By the time it was in my hair, I lost it.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

melanie wrote:I tried the calm approach, it didn't work!
It kept coming at me.
By the time it was in my hair, I lost it.
blondes women blonde women! y#-o

-Edward R Murrow

melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Don't be mean,
I'm traumatised :crying:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

melanie wrote:Don't be mean,
You're traumatized? What about the poor, innocent bee?

-Edward R Murrow

melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

RickD wrote:
melanie wrote:Don't be mean,
You're traumatized? What about the poor, innocent bee?
There was nothing innocent about that bee!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Poor bee. Flying around, minding its own business...just looking for a flower. But instead, happens across a crazy, half naked blonde, with an equally crazy dog!

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

melanie wrote:It's probably more of a fear than a pet peeve....
Flying insects.

I take my dog everyday for a walk or run depending on how energetic I'm feeling. I go off the path and right down by the lake, its very pretty, with lots of trees and vegetation. Last summer there was a bee hive in a tree right near where I had to walk past, it always freaked me out, depending how buzzy the bees were that day would depend if I would walk through, sometimes I would turn back and walk on the footpath but it's close to the road and not near as pretty. The last few weeks I noticed the bees were returning. I have been really looking forward to spring, but not so much as I have feared the return of the bees and swooping killer magpies.
So I headed off this afternoon with my dog, went down by the lake and past the bees. There were a few but not too many, happy days. Then I headed up the embankment as it gets to thick with vegetation to continue on and there is no dirt path up onto the main path that runs right next to a fairly busy road.
I look down at my arm and there is a bee, sitting on my sleeve. I stop and freak out slightly but I'm telling myself it's all good, just flick it off. I give it a flick and it starts buzzing around me. My dog is off the leash so I start swinging the lead around like I'm Indiana Jones, then it lands on my other sleeve. I am now starting to lose my composure. I want to just rip my top off but the are quite a few cars driving past and I hadn't put on a sports crop top, I was only wearing a bra underneath. So I pick up a stick and give it a flick, it flies away, then comes back and lands on the same sleeve.
By this stage I'm positive this bee has it in for me, and I'm going to get stung. So I wriggle my arm out of the sleeve, grasp it at the top near the shoulder with my hand from inside my top and give it a good shake.
Bee flies away. Now I have my hair in a messy bun tied loosely with a hair tie. The bee flies into my hair, I can hear it buzzing in my hair right next to my ear.
I lose it.
I grab at my hair pull the hair tie out and start shaking my head, dancing around on the spot, squealing, rustling my fingers through my hair, while I'm doing this, I still have one arm inside my shirt that is now out of my shirt so half my top is off. My dog has no idea what's going on, so she's barking and running around me in circles, I'm half naked, jumping around, shaking my head around, rustling my hair everywhere while cars are driving past me. I caught the look on one guys face as he drove past in his ute, let's just say I have no words. Priceless.
I don't like bees
Omg lol why cant my day bee like that ;) You have all the fun :lol:
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Nessa wrote:
melanie wrote:It's probably more of a fear than a pet peeve....
Flying insects.

I lose it.
I don't like bees
Omg lol why cant my day bee like that ;) You have all the fun :lol:
Haha nice one ;)