Getting to know you

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Getting to know you

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Nessa wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Yes. I would'nt have married her if she was'nt.
How long have you both been Christians?
Since we were kids we both had families that raised us to believe in God and we have and still do.
Is she a Gap Theorist?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Nessa wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Since we were kids we both had families that raised us to believe in God and we have and still do.
Is she a Gap Theorist?
Is that a joke?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Nessa wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Is she a Gap Theorist?
Yes,but my mom is'nt she is still a YEC. i'm trying to convince her over time,alittle bit at a time.She kinda thinks it is'nt important right now,but I've changed her about a few things before.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Nessa wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:My wife has tattoos and piercings.
Where are the piercings and what are the tattoos of?
She has 20 piercings in all but alot of them are hidden and only I've seen and she has 11 tattoos and whats kindof neat to me about it is they are not for me but I like her tattoos she has a fairy on her back that covers most of her upper back,she has a cherry blossom tattoo on her arm for her father,she has an orchid tattoo on her other arm for her mother,she has a tattoo on her arm that says save me upright but I'm fine upside down,a butterfly for her mom.
Abel said
she has 20 piercings in all but alot of them are hidden and only I've seen
Alrighty then, nuff said :mrgreen:

That is really interesting. It breaks down the stereo types of the 'Christian lady'.
I mean that in a good way.
Do you ever find that she is pre conceived by other Christians in a certain way because she is pierced and tattooed?

I recall Nessa saying that a pastor convinced her to get rid of her piercings because he viewed them in a certain way. Has your wife ever encountered this?
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

I really like pigs.
I want one.
I have been asking my hubby for years if we can get one. Every Christmas and birthday I ask for the same thing. A pig.
Hubby thinks I'm nuts and has said no way.
And I'm left longing for my own little piggy friend.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

melanie wrote:I really like pigs.
I want one.
I have been asking my hubby for years if we can get one. Every Christmas and birthday I ask for the same thing. A pig.
Im assuming you arent referring to the male chauvinistic kind :P

cos they aint cute :econfused:
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

melanie wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Nessa wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:My wife has tattoos and piercings.
Where are the piercings and what are the tattoos of?
She has 20 piercings in all but alot of them are hidden and only I've seen and she has 11 tattoos and whats kindof neat to me about it is they are not for me but I like her tattoos she has a fairy on her back that covers most of her upper back,she has a cherry blossom tattoo on her arm for her father,she has an orchid tattoo on her other arm for her mother,she has a tattoo on her arm that says save me upright but I'm fine upside down,a butterfly for her mom.
Abel said
she has 20 piercings in all but alot of them are hidden and only I've seen
Alrighty then, nuff said :mrgreen:

That is really interesting. It breaks down the stereo types of the 'Christian lady'.
I mean that in a good way.
Do you ever find that she is pre conceived by other Christians in a certain way because she is pierced and tattooed?

I recall Nessa saying that a pastor convinced her to get rid of her piercings because he viewed them in a certain way. Has your wife ever encountered this?
My wife gets judged quite a-bit but they are only looking on the outside and don't know the inside.However she gets compliments about them too and because she dresses modestly except for the ones on her arms they are hidden most of the time.But she has 3 piercings on her face they are under her lips on her chin but they don't look bad but are noticeable.Although she has been judged before we have never been asked by a pastor to not wear them and she wears them.The people at church have been nice and don't judge.
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

I want one.
Let's take up a collection and buy a piggy bank for Mel!

At least you don't have to feed it and put up with the smell and the wallow!

Pigs make great bacon - just ask Rick - he knows this is true!

:lol:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Nessa wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Is she a Gap Theorist?
Yes,but my mom is'nt she is still a YEC. i'm trying to convince her over time,alittle bit at a time.She kinda thinks it is'nt important right now,but I've changed her about a few things before.
ACB,

That's interesting. My wife couldn't care less about creation beliefs. She just believes God created, and the other stuff is secondary.
Give me your mom's email, so I can convert her over to OEC, before you corrupt her with The Gap Theory. :poke:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

B. W. wrote:
I want one.
Let's take up a collection and buy a piggy bank for Mel!

At least you don't have to feed it and put up with the smell and the wallow!

Pigs make great bacon - just ask Rick - he knows this is true!

:lol:
-
-
-
B. W.,

You must have me confused with someone else. Bacon is EVIL!!!!

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:

Is she a Gap Theorist?
ACB,

That's interesting. My wife couldn't care less about creation beliefs. She just believes God created, and the other stuff is secondary.
Give me your mom's email, so I can convert her over to OEC, before you corrupt her with The Gap Theory. :poke:
My wife has accepted the gap theory based on my research and telling her about it and she thought it was interesting and accepted it but she is'nt into apologetics or debating about it so it is kindof the samething.My mom does not have a computer and I don't think she wants one. i wrote down verses and gave them to my mom.I told her to read them in order,my mom likes to read her bible but she won't budge yet.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

I love chocolate. And I like sewing - I've been trying to make a big quilt by hand for about 10 years. I've been working on it sometimes just lately after not doing any probably since I had my second son - it's nice to sew a bit while watching TV. Lucky winter nights aren't very cold here :esmile:
johngaddox
Newbie Member

Post by johngaddox »

Hi I'm John and I am new to the forum!
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Hi John,
If you want, you can introduce yourself here
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... hp?f=2&t=5 :wave:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart