What do you say to Christians that don't believe that Jesus Died ?

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
LittleHamster
Valued Member
Christian: Yes

What do you say to Christians that don't believe that Jesus Died ?

Post by LittleHamster »

I talked to a couple that are Christians but they don't believe Jesus physically died on the cross. They believe he went into a coma for a few days. Similarly with Lazarus.

Its a bit hard to convince them otherwise as there were no pulse rate monitors or EEG machines around at the time.
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: What do you say to Christians that don't believe that Jesus Died ?

Post by RickD »

LittleHamster wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:17 pm I talked to a couple that are Christians but they don't believe Jesus physically died on the cross. They believe he went into a coma for a few days. Similarly with Lazarus.

Its a bit hard to convince them otherwise as there were no pulse rate monitors or EEG machines around at the time.
y:O2
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

RickD wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:27 am
LittleHamster wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:17 pm I talked to a couple that are Christians but they don't believe Jesus physically died on the cross. They believe he went into a coma for a few days. Similarly with Lazarus.

y:O2
LoL, my brain is short circuiting over this one. How anyone can claim to be a Christian and not believe Jesus died for their sins is just little* beyond my comprehension.

*little = totally a lot !!!
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Sure they're not Muslim? ;) I'd just tell them they're not Christian and criticise their reasons if/when they become defensive that they are. Then I'd move it to that if Christ didn't die, then our belief in Christ is for nothing and we're to all be pitied for we're still in our sins regardless of our hope in Christ.

Romans 6:3-8
3 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6 We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. 7 For one who has died has been set free from sin. 8 Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Kurieuo wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:39 pm Sure they're not Muslim? ;) I'd just tell them they're not Christian and criticise their reasons if/when they become defensive that they are. Then I'd move it to that if Christ didn't die, then our belief in Christ is for nothing and we're to all be pitied for we're still in our sins regardless of our hope in Christ.

Romans 6:3-8
3 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6 We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. 7 For one who has died has been set free from sin. 8 Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.
Thanks for the help K. I'm gonna give it another go :-) I will build up my doctrinal inventory. Just like I did with the JW's, I gotta be sharp and to the point. (It only took 5 years for the J.W.'s to give up and stop knocking on my door - once I hit them with the eternal security thread arguments from this forum, they started questioning their belief - but only a little. It was also good practice).
mrtzur2015
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by mrtzur2015 »

The Bible says that white luquid came out of his body as they stubbed him which proves his death.
How people doesn’t know this ?
https://www.compellingtruth.org/blood-water-Jesus.html