The meaning of immaterial life

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
Nicki
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: The meaning of immaterial life

Post by Nicki »

Kenny wrote:
Nicki wrote: The idea is that rather than people having value because we feel love for them, we love people (actively) because they have value.
If this value isn’t based on love, what is it based on?
What we've been talking about - people's intrinsic value due to their being created in God's image.
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Kenny »

Nicki wrote:
Kenny wrote:
Nicki wrote: The idea is that rather than people having value because we feel love for them, we love people (actively) because they have value.
What we've been talking about - people's intrinsic value due to their being created in God's image.
Oh; Gods image! I don't think that was mentioned before. But considering your belief system, it makes sense for you to find value that way. And I’m sure when you consider what I believe it makes sense that I would find value a different way; like based in love.
I don’t know if you believe in life on other planets, but if advanced beings from another planet came to Earth, and they were not created in Gods image looking much different than us, would you consider them inferior to us, or having a life with less value than ours?
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
Nicki
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nicki »

Kenny wrote:
Nicki wrote:
Kenny wrote:
Oh; Gods image! I don't think that was mentioned before. But considering your belief system, it makes sense for you to find value that way. And I’m sure when you consider what I believe it makes sense that I would find value a different way; like based in love.
I don’t know if you believe in life on other planets, but if advanced beings from another planet came to Earth, and they were not created in Gods image looking much different than us, would you consider them inferior to us, or having a life with less value than ours?
It could be hard to establish whether they were spiritual beings like us, but if not, I suppose they'd be like the animals on Earth, of lower value than us. I doubt there would be beings as intelligent as humans elsewhere though, if any life at all.