Are My Actions Determined?

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Are My Actions Determined?

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote:I have never heard of one case of homosexual animals.
Animals that engage bisexual, what I like to call "available sex", yes there are many records of this BUT no record of any animals engaging SOLELY and EXCLUSIVELY in homosexual sex.
Not that I have head of anyways.
Animals cannot engage in homosexual sex, exclusively, or otherwise. That is my point. By definition, it's only humans that can engage in homosexual sex.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote:
Animals that engage bisexual, what I like to call "available sex", yes there are many records of this BUT no record of any animals engaging SOLELY and EXCLUSIVELY in homosexual sex.
Animals cannot engage in homosexual sex, exclusively, or otherwise. That is my point. By definition, it's only humans that can engage in homosexual sex.
I agree of course, that is why when people say that homosexuality is observe din nature, with primates for example, I call them on it because it is NOT homosexual behavior and is, at best, bisexual.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Do animals always have "consensual sex? y:-? PETA's not gonna like the anti-PC answers on that one! :pound:
Justhuman
Established Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Justhuman »

It seems that homosexuality does occur amongst domesticated sheep:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosex ... in_animals.
I can't verify that though!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote:
RickD wrote:
I agree of course, that is why when people say that homosexuality is observe din nature, with primates for example, I call them on it because it is NOT homosexual behavior and is, at best, bisexual.
y#-o

No, it's not bisexual!

Animals cannot be bisexual, BY DEFINITION!!!!!!
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

There is really no such thing as homosexual, bisexual, heterosexual or the like. These are terms invented by humans and ascribe certain exhibited behaviour. Humans like to box things in, box people in with labels, especially since the dark shroud of behaviourism came to dominate much of psychology in 20th century.

We become what we do, rather than who we are because to ascribe a "who" is considered to being harking back to that old and silly idea of a "soul" existing which would render psychology non-objective, non-experimental and unscientific.

Rather, if we drop this pretense that a separate consciousness we call an "I" is illusury (doesn't really exist), drop the unintuitive falsehood that all our decisions boil down to this or that chemical reaction, then matters become very simple. That is, humans are sexual creatures who feel sexual urges generated by our natural physiology. Such sexuality can be expressed in many ways, both wrong and right.

So then, we don't need to create an infinite amount of labels to say this person is that-sexual and that person is this-sexual, we just understand humans are all sexual creatures and we can express that in many diverse ways. Done.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Justhuman wrote:It seems that homosexuality does occur amongst domesticated sheep:

The issue is determination.
When two male chimps ( since activities like this have been observed and reported) sexual stimulate each other, that is NOT homosexual activity UNLESS they exclusively do that and do NOT EVER do that with females.
IF they do "get it on" with females also it means they are, what we would define as, bisexual - they have sexual realtions with BOTH genders.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote:
Justhuman wrote:It seems that homosexuality does occur amongst domesticated sheep:

When two male chimps ( since activities like this have been observed and reported) sexual stimulate each other, that is NOT homosexual activity UNLESS they exclusively do that and do NOT EVER do that with females.
IF they do "get it on" with females also it means they are, what we would define as, bisexual - they have sexual realtions with BOTH genders.
:swhat:

-Edward R Murrow

Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Kurieuo wrote:There is really no such thing as homosexual, bisexual, heterosexual or the like. These are terms invented by humans and ascribe certain exhibited behaviour. Humans like to box things in, box people in with labels, especially since the dark shroud of behaviourism came to dominate much of psychology in 20th century.
Um... God says that man sleeping with another man is wrong. I guess He made it up ;)
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

Not sure what you are having trouble with on this Rick...
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Stu wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:There is really no such thing as homosexual, bisexual, heterosexual or the like. These are terms invented by humans and ascribe certain exhibited behaviour. Humans like to box things in, box people in with labels, especially since the dark shroud of behaviourism came to dominate much of psychology in 20th century.
Um... God says that man sleeping with another man is wrong. I guess He made it up ;)

Well, according to that view, since God only stated that men sleeping with men is wrong does that mean that women sleeping with women is ok?

Homosexual activity is wrong because it is a sin and it is a sin because it goes against what is good and ideal for the indvidial human and the species.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote:
RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

Homosexual, and bisexual, are terms exclusive to humanity BY DEFINITION. You keep trying to get around that.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote:
Of course God "made it up". He makes up all the rules, Stu!

Duh! :mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

Homosexual, and bisexual, are terms exclusive to humanity BY DEFINITION. You keep trying to get around that.
So , what do you call same-sex sexual activity between primates, for example?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote:
RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

So , what do you call same-sex sexual activity between primates, for example?
Aha! Trying to trap me with a trick question, I see!
As an evilutionist, you believe humans are primates.

You can't get me that easily!!!

-Edward R Murrow