Why is it so difficult to believe in God?

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21030
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 1043 times

Re: Why is it so difficult to believe in God?

#136

Post by RickD » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:29 pm

edwardmurphy wrote:
RickD wrote:I'm just sayin too. :D
I know, but I'm sayin' that what you're sayin' is erroneous, with my argument being that the visual clutter from repeatedly quoting the entire conversation makes it harder to follow, not easier.
It's not any harder for me to follow. I just scroll down until I see the post. It's not rocket surgery. ;)
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3023
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: UK
Has liked: 185 times
Been liked: 326 times

Re: Why is it so difficult to believe in God?

#137

Post by Storyteller » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:37 pm

RickD wrote:
edwardmurphy wrote:
RickD wrote:I'm just sayin too. :D
I know, but I'm sayin' that what you're sayin' is erroneous, with my argument being that the visual clutter from repeatedly quoting the entire conversation makes it harder to follow, not easier.
It's not any harder for me to follow. I just scroll down until I see the post. It's not rocket surgery. ;)
Just a pain to.read.
Just sayin :mrgreen:
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21030
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 1043 times

Re: Why is it so difficult to believe in God?

#138

Post by RickD » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:40 pm

Storyteller wrote:
RickD wrote:
edwardmurphy wrote:
RickD wrote:I'm just sayin too. :D
I know, but I'm sayin' that what you're sayin' is erroneous, with my argument being that the visual clutter from repeatedly quoting the entire conversation makes it harder to follow, not easier.
It's not any harder for me to follow. I just scroll down until I see the post. It's not rocket surgery. ;)
Just a pain to.read.
Just sayin :mrgreen:
Wow, you guys will complain about anything. The way the forum is set up, only 5 quotes can be embedded in one post. So, even the forum is against you. :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3023
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: UK
Has liked: 185 times
Been liked: 326 times

Re: Why is it so difficult to believe in God?

#139

Post by Storyteller » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:42 pm

RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:
RickD wrote:
edwardmurphy wrote:
RickD wrote:I'm just sayin too. :D
I know, but I'm sayin' that what you're sayin' is erroneous, with my argument being that the visual clutter from repeatedly quoting the entire conversation makes it harder to follow, not easier.
It's not any harder for me to follow. I just scroll down until I see the post. It's not rocket surgery. ;)
Just a pain to.read.
Just sayin :mrgreen:
Wow, you guys will complain about anything. The way the forum is set up, only 5 quotes can be embedded in one post. So, even the forum is against you. :mrgreen:
Nah, the forum saves me.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21030
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 1043 times

Re: Why is it so difficult to believe in God?

#140

Post by RickD » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:46 pm

Storyteller wrote:
RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:
RickD wrote:
edwardmurphy wrote:
I know, but I'm sayin' that what you're sayin' is erroneous, with my argument being that the visual clutter from repeatedly quoting the entire conversation makes it harder to follow, not easier.
It's not any harder for me to follow. I just scroll down until I see the post. It's not rocket surgery. ;)
Just a pain to.read.
Just sayin :mrgreen:
Wow, you guys will complain about anything. The way the forum is set up, only 5 quotes can be embedded in one post. So, even the forum is against you. :mrgreen:
Nah, the forum saves me.
More precisely, it's my charming wit that keeps you going, right? :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3023
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: UK
Has liked: 185 times
Been liked: 326 times

Re: Why is it so difficult to believe in God?

#141

Post by Storyteller » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:47 pm

RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:
RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:
RickD wrote: It's not any harder for me to follow. I just scroll down until I see the post. It's not rocket surgery. ;)
Just a pain to.read.
Just sayin :mrgreen:
Wow, you guys will complain about anything. The way the forum is set up, only 5 quotes can be embedded in one post. So, even the forum is against you. :mrgreen:
Nah, the forum saves me.
More precisely, it's my charming wit that keeps you going, right? :mrgreen:
Absolutely y:-/
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran

User avatar
Nicki
Senior Member
Posts: 654
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:36 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Western Australia
Has liked: 338 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Why is it so difficult to believe in God?

#142

Post by Nicki » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:15 am

Storyteller wrote:
RickD wrote:
edwardmurphy wrote:
RickD wrote:I'm just sayin too. :D
I know, but I'm sayin' that what you're sayin' is erroneous, with my argument being that the visual clutter from repeatedly quoting the entire conversation makes it harder to follow, not easier.
It's not any harder for me to follow. I just scroll down until I see the post. It's not rocket surgery. ;)
Just a pain to.read.
Just sayin :mrgreen:
It feels like a waste of space to me :) I cut out any bits that aren't really necessary in a long quote - I like things neat and tidy :mrgreen:

Post Reply