Should people with stupid beliefs be mocked and ridiculed?

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Should people with stupid beliefs be mocked and ridiculed?

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote:
RickD wrote:Hey edwardmurphy,

I think I know who you are. Are you a cop in Beverly Hills? And after coming to America, were you a doctor who worked with animals?
:mrgreen:
No, I'm Gumby, damn it!
I knew it!!!!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Here is a bit more on the slow steps of persecution as it pertains to persistent harassment because of religious beliefs.

http://www.persecution.org/category/cou ... ed-states/

Now Mr Ed will deny these of course, of course, and by such denial and justifying these acts proves that Gumby Ed is also contributing to the slow steps of persecution as it pertains to persistent harassment because of religious beliefs....

Then there was this... and what followed regarding the ongoing IRS scandal

http://www.christianpost.com/news/irs-s ... rt-137939/

The slow steps of persecution as it pertains to persistent harassment because of religious beliefs are set forth in a legal frame work so Christianphob's can hide behind... as legit to remove...what they don't like

Then there is the real intent of the 501 tax exempt status...

http://www.westernjournalism.com/heres- ... t-started/
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Name calling? Seriously? What are you, twelve?
B. W. wrote:Here is a bit more on the slow steps of persecution as it pertains to persistent harassment because of religious beliefs.

http://www.persecution.org/category/cou ... ed-states/

Now Mr Ed will deny these of course, of course, and by such denial and justifying these acts proves that Gumby Ed is also contributing to the slow steps of persecution as it pertains to persistent harassment because of religious beliefs....
I'm going to take a page out of your playbook and ignore your link and change the subject.

New topic: Are the following groups being persecuted in the United States?
  • Atheists?
    Muslims?
    Homosexuals?
    Recent immigrants?
    Women?
    The poor?
For each group please state whether or not they're being persecuted and justify your response.

Or just ignore the question, call me names, and post another link to that Arizona Bible study story. Whatever floats your ark.
B. W. wrote:Then there was this... and what followed regarding the ongoing IRS scandal

http://www.christianpost.com/news/irs-s ... rt-137939/

The slow steps of persecution as it pertains to persistent harassment because of religious beliefs are set forth in a legal frame work so Christianphob's can hide behind... as legit to remove...what they don't like
All I saw was that the IRS has failed to enforce the Johnson Amendment and apparently continues to do so. As far as I can tell, that constitutes special treatment for Christians, not persecution. I'm not grasping how the FFRF asking the IRS to enforce the law can possible be construed as persecution.

I'm 1000% in favor of the Johnson Amendment. Churches aren't supposed be political organizations, and if they want to start getting into politics then they should have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

Also, it's "Christophobes." I know this because when I see something that looks wrong I look it up. You might consider trying it.
B. W. wrote:Then there is the real intent of the 501 tax exempt status...

http://www.westernjournalism.com/heres- ... t-started/
I'm not even going to look. I've done the research and demonstrated that just about every piece of "evidence" you've posted so far has been half-true, misleading, erroneous, or outright deceitful, but you just keep spewing garbage, completely undeterred. Besides, I'm pretty sure you're not reading your "evidence," either, and I'm going to do it for you.

Instead of engaging I'm going to offer you another chance to respond to the questions that you keep ignoring:

You said this:
B.W.'s Assertion, Take 2 wrote:Most (sex ed) these days is bad and driven from a political agenda. A feel good just do it and you can avoid the consequences so don't be a prude join us, we support fun!
So please show me:

1) Some sort of verification that MOST of the sex education in the U.S. is "bad" and/or "driven from a political agenda."
2) An example of an actual educator telling an actual sex ed class in an actual school to stop being prudish, join the fun and just do it, because they can avoid the consequences.

And you still haven't given me a link to any law anywhere in the United States that prohibits people from praying in public. What's the holdup?
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Suggest you do your own research it is there - such things as common core and California sex ed trial classes etc...

Other than that, even the facts do not matter to you so it is a waste of time...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

B. W. wrote:Suggest you do your own research it is there - such things as common core and California sex ed trial classes etc...
No, you don't get to give me homework. If you want me to take you seriously then support your claim. Otherwise I'm just going to assume that you're making stuff up to support your goofy agenda.
B. W. wrote:Other than that, even the facts do not matter to you so it is a waste of time...
Of course facts matter to me. That's why I've been fact-checking your links. The reason I'm not accepting them as evidence is that they're not factual. You're making stuff up, then supporting your false claims with other peoples' false claims.

Oh, and you still haven't shown me a single law stating that public prayer is illegal anywhere in the United states. I'm starting to feel like you're ignoring the question.