Does God really want us us to know He exists?

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Does God really want us us to know He exists?

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

TheQuestor wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
TheQuestor wrote:
MBPrata wrote:Christian fellows:

You know, there are days in which I believe in God (yeah, I have that difficulty to decide). But the more time passes, the less I believe in the God of the Bible. I mean...if God wants what is written in the Bible, it's rather unclear why He did things the way they are. Namely: does God really want us to know He exists?

Because if He does, He sure gave us some serious reasons not to believe in that! I know, Jesus came to the Earth, but maybe we'll talk about that later. My problem isn't that one; my problem is with the universe itself, the Earth, the human body and so on. Now, if God really wants us to believe He exists, I don't understand why He created such a universe. Let's see:

- He created a law by which particles can totally come out of "nowhere" (mr. Deem doesn't deny it:
Although it is possible for things such as particles to pop into existence from "nothing," it has never been shown that non-quantum-sized objects can perform such feats.
), thus leading us to think stuff can come out of nowhere with no divine intervention whatsoever
- He created a universe in which every single thing changes, thus leading us to think an "eternal" reality (e.g. Heaven) can not exist
- He (we assume) designed a lot of human-like creatures, thus giving us reasons to believe in evolution. Not to mention some really similar creatures...
- He made us sleep, thus leading us to think that a lesser quantity of electricity on the brain can obliterate all consciousness
- He made us dream and hallucinate, thus leading us to think "reality" comes from our brain and we can never be sure of what reality is

And I'm sure there are more. You see, I'm ok with thinking outside of the box and believing in a sentient, eternal, intelligent being creating our universe, but these apparent lacks of logic on God's thought really keep me away from belief. Well...at least from the belief in the God described in the Bible. Have you considered all this "clues" God gave us to think He isn't real? What are your thoughts on this?

I thank you in advance.
If God wants us to know that he exist, he is doing a pretty poor job of it, by letting people get their heads sawed off.

It's called free will and God is a respector of our choices whether they are good or bad. Unfortunately sawing of heads is a consequence of bad choices. :crying:
You just said that God respects people who saw other peoples heads off, are you aware of this?

No I said he respects their free will to make choices, he does not respect their decisions.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
TheQuestor
Established Member

Post by TheQuestor »

["Danieltwotwenty"]
TheQuestor wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
TheQuestor wrote:
MBPrata wrote:Christian fellows:

You know, there are days in which I believe in God (yeah, I have that difficulty to decide). But the more time passes, the less I believe in the God of the Bible. I mean...if God wants what is written in the Bible, it's rather unclear why He did things the way they are. Namely: does God really want us to know He exists?

Because if He does, He sure gave us some serious reasons not to believe in that! I know, Jesus came to the Earth, but maybe we'll talk about that later. My problem isn't that one; my problem is with the universe itself, the Earth, the human body and so on. Now, if God really wants us to believe He exists, I don't understand why He created such a universe. Let's see:

- He created a law by which particles can totally come out of "nowhere" (mr. Deem doesn't deny it:
Although it is possible for things such as particles to pop into existence from "nothing," it has never been shown that non-quantum-sized objects can perform such feats.
), thus leading us to think stuff can come out of nowhere with no divine intervention whatsoever
- He created a universe in which every single thing changes, thus leading us to think an "eternal" reality (e.g. Heaven) can not exist
- He (we assume) designed a lot of human-like creatures, thus giving us reasons to believe in evolution. Not to mention some really similar creatures...
- He made us sleep, thus leading us to think that a lesser quantity of electricity on the brain can obliterate all consciousness
- He made us dream and hallucinate, thus leading us to think "reality" comes from our brain and we can never be sure of what reality is

And I'm sure there are more. You see, I'm ok with thinking outside of the box and believing in a sentient, eternal, intelligent being creating our universe, but these apparent lacks of logic on God's thought really keep me away from belief. Well...at least from the belief in the God described in the Bible. Have you considered all this "clues" God gave us to think He isn't real? What are your thoughts on this?

I thank you in advance.
If God wants us to know that he exist, he is doing a pretty poor job of it, by letting people get their heads sawed off.

It's called free will and God is a respector of our choices whether they are good or bad. Unfortunately sawing of heads is a consequence of bad choices. :crying:
You just said that God respects people who saw other peoples heads off, are you aware of this?

No I said he respects their free will to make choices, he does not respect their decisions.[/quote]

Do you believe that God is watching you right now?
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

This is off topic, so we should not derail this thread further. Perhaps you could start a new topic on this subject and I will engage the question there.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
TheQuestor
Established Member

Post by TheQuestor »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:This is off topic, so we should not derail this thread further. Perhaps you could start a new topic on this subject and I will engage the question there.
Why not answer, do you believe that God is watching you now? Instead of beginning new? If God is watching us, how could any person not know that he is real, this should be easy, for a God anyway? It just is not logical, though the question is very good.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

TheQuestor wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:This is off topic, so we should not derail this thread further. Perhaps you could start a new topic on this subject and I will engage the question there.
Why not answer, do you believe that God is watching you now? Instead of beginning new? If God is watching us, how could any person not know that he is real, this should be easy, for a God anyway? It just is not logical, though the question is very good.
I told you why I wouldn't answer as we have strayed very far from the topic and I don't think it is fair to the OP to derail his post. Please start a new topic with your question and I will happily answer it there.

Cheers
TheQuestor
Established Member

Post by TheQuestor »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
TheQuestor wrote:
I told you why I wouldn't answer as we have strayed very far from the topic and I don't think it is fair to the OP to derail his post. Please start a new topic with your question and I will happily answer it there.

Cheers
Does God really want us to know that He exist?

PS. Back on topic...............
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

TheQuestor wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
TheQuestor wrote:

Cheers

I was more interested in the other question, oh well, I would say yes because I believe he is a personal being. Why would he create creatures with the ability to have a relationship and not want to have a relationship with them himself, it doesn't make any sense to me because if God is not relational at all then neither would we be. I believe we are made in the image of God, so it stands to reason that I would believe he is relational and would want us to know of his existence.
TheQuestor
Established Member

Post by TheQuestor »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
TheQuestor wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
TheQuestor wrote:

Cheers

I was more interested in the other question, oh well, I would say yes because I believe he is a personal being. Why would he create creatures with the ability to have a relationship and not want to have a relationship with them himself, it doesn't make any sense to me because if God is not relational at all then neither would we be. I believe we are made in the image of God, so it stands to reason that I would believe he is relational and would want us to know of his existence.
Why will we leave life on distant planets to evolve without us? Mars is there, as there will be others, once we leave a microbe on Mars, that can live, and evolve into new forms, then we are God, as we have brought life to other Worlds. Most people can't see this until it is pointed out, but few seem to argue it, because it will happen, in fact it has to happen, if we are to survive.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Why will we leave life on distant planets to evolve without us? Mars is there, as there will be others, once we leave a microbe on Mars, that can live, and evolve into new forms, then we are God, as we have brought life to other Worlds. Most people can't see this until it is pointed out, but few seem to argue it, because it will happen, in fact it has to happen, if we are to survive.
This reminds me of an old joke.

One day a group of scientists got together and decided that man had come a long way and no longer needed God. They picked one scientist to go and tell Him that they were done with Him. The scientist walked up to God and said, "God, we've decided that we no longer need you. We're to the point that we can clone people and do many miraculous things, so why don't you just go on and get lost."
God listened patiently and kindly to the man and, after the scientist was done talking, God said, "Very well! How about this? Let's have a man-making contest."
To which the man replied, "OK, great!"
But God added, "Now we're going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam."
The scientist said, "Sure, no problem" and bent down and grabbed himself a handful of dirt.
God just looked at him and said, "No, no, no. You go get your own dirt!"

Man cannot create out of nothing, hence we are not God.

Once again you have managed to take the subject off topic, why don't you just make a new topic?
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by bippy123 »

TheQuestor wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
TheQuestor wrote:

Cheers

Questor , let me ask u a question if my own .
How badly do you want God ?
Would u sacrifice your whole life in this earth to try to find him ?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

bippy123 wrote:
TheQuestor wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
TheQuestor wrote:

Cheers

Questor , let me ask u a question if my own .
How badly do you want God ?
Would u sacrifice your whole life in this earth to try to find him ?
Hi Bippy. :D

TheQuestor has been banned from the board.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony