Antagonistic/Atheist questions & statment

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
gpat900
Newbie Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Antagonistic/Atheist questions & statment

Post by gpat900 »

I don't mean this to be rude. It might be a little rough. This why I am not sure of Gods existence.

First, I wish I could believe in a God. I actual changed my believe, I used to be Christian. I had me had aortic regurgitation heart valve replacement at 45 years of age and experiencing excruciating pain after surgery, it has terrified me to have any future procedures. I also have back pain issue, not debilitating but does cause some problems. I also have Afib that didn't get fixed. The same time I got the heart valve surgery procedure, I had a maze procedure done. I did find a cardiologist that is working with want I want, he is wonderful. My afib rate not rhythm is under control he is not pressuring me to do a Medicine or electrical cardioversion. He said afib would most likely come back. I would need to do a cardioversion once a year. I also have a learning disability. I also have knee problems as well. My elderly mother also got Rheumatoid Arthritis. It also caused my mother to change believe.

My brain can't comprehend why he would send people to hell to suffer for an eternity(forever)? Parent(s) don't ground you for life.
I also read this statement from some people (Can't remember the exact wording). There is no time to judge who is right or wrong. There is plenty of time it called an eternity.

God supposedly gave you free will, so why does his punish you for using it? especially if you don't believe in him or not sure? You do what I say or you go to hell, that would make people a slave wouldn't it, which is actually illegal in the U.S. In fact God rules would violate some the U.S. Constitution, especially hell. It would be considered cruel & unusual punishments

I also don't agree with every rule God has, for example I like playing the lottery. (Not an addict though)

You can't challenges his rule, here in the U.S. we can challenge the rule by going to court.

I may not be Christian but I have forgiven people.

Here is what I believe now,
Do what you yourself believe is morally correct. Be true to yourself. Don't lie to yourself. If I said I believed in God, that wouldn't be true to myself or supposedly to God. Even though I am not a Christian, I support that guy in Florida that got ticketed for severing the homeless in Public sad day in the U.S.

I read on other site, that hell according to the old testament, that your body and soul is burned on earth and you go to dust. Living without God, the soul wont exist anywhere and there is no hell. It like you never existed to begin with. This would be a lot more compassionate then sending someone soul to hell.
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Antagonistic/Atheist questions & statment

Post by 1over137 »

Hi,

First of all, welcome to the Forum.

Now, what do you think about this post? I think B.W. wrote it nicely.

Poeple want things as they wish them to be. They separated from God. And if they choose to separate from God - their will be done.

Here is the offer gpat900:
John 3:16
16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

You started your post with many sufferings you deal with. We do not live in Heaven. We do live down here on earth, in this broken world. The result of man's sin.

Maybe we can't challenge God's rules, but what we can do is try to comprehend them. Many times we blame God for what he is not.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Starhunter
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Antagonistic/Atheist questions & statment

Post by Starhunter »

gpat900 wrote:I don't mean this to be rude. It might be a little rough. This why I am not sure of Gods existence.

First, I wish I could believe in a God. I actual changed my believe, I used to be Christian. I had me had aortic regurgitation heart valve replacement at 45 years of age and experiencing excruciating pain after surgery, it has terrified me to have any future procedures. I also have back pain issue, not debilitating but does cause some problems. I also have Afib that didn't get fixed. The same time I got the heart valve surgery procedure, I had a maze procedure done. I did find a cardiologist that is working with want I want, he is wonderful. My afib rate not rhythm is under control he is not pressuring me to do a Medicine or electrical cardioversion. He said afib would most likely come back. I would need to do a cardioversion once a year. I also have a learning disability. I also have knee problems as well. My elderly mother also got Rheumatoid Arthritis. It also caused my mother to change believe.

My brain can't comprehend why he would send people to hell to suffer for an eternity(forever)? Parent(s) don't ground you for life.
I also read this statement from some people (Can't remember the exact wording). There is no time to judge who is right or wrong. There is plenty of time it called an eternity.

God supposedly gave you free will, so why does his punish you for using it? especially if you don't believe in him or not sure? You do what I say or you go to hell, that would make people a slave wouldn't it, which is actually illegal in the U.S. In fact God rules would violate some the U.S. Constitution, especially hell. It would be considered cruel & unusual punishments

I also don't agree with every rule God has, for example I like playing the lottery. (Not an addict though)

You can't challenges his rule, here in the U.S. we can challenge the rule by going to court.

I may not be Christian but I have forgiven people.

Here is what I believe now,
Do what you yourself believe is morally correct. Be true to yourself. Don't lie to yourself. If I said I believed in God, that wouldn't be true to myself or supposedly to God. Even though I am not a Christian, I support that guy in Florida that got ticketed for severing the homeless in Public sad day in the U.S.

I read on other site, that hell according to the old testament, that your body and soul is burned on earth and you go to dust. Living without God, the soul wont exist anywhere and there is no hell. It like you never existed to begin with. This would be a lot more compassionate then sending someone soul to hell.
You have suffered so much, and yet you still want to be fair and honest with yourself and others. I love that.
I trust that your post is genuine, a friend of mine has prayed for you.