The Evidence for God

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
Fruitloops007
Newbie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:50 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

The Evidence for God

#1

Post by Fruitloops007 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:02 pm

Hello fellow humans,

I am new to this forum. I joined because I am very interested in hearing the evidence for God. Years ago I dropped my Christian faith due to the absence of evidence. However, is there anyone who can demonstrate evidence that I may have possibly missed?

User avatar
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Posts: 8365
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:17 am
Christian: Yes
Location: Colorado
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 260 times

Re: The Evidence for God

#2

Post by B. W. » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:09 pm

Fruitloops007 wrote:Hello fellow humans,

I am new to this forum. I joined because I am very interested in hearing the evidence for God. Years ago I dropped my Christian faith due to the absence of evidence. However, is there anyone who can demonstrate evidence that I may have possibly missed?
Look in the mirror... :lol:

Welcome to the forum...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: The Evidence for God

#3

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:04 pm

Fruitloops007 wrote:Years ago I dropped my Christian faith due to the absence of evidence.
You had faith in a religion, not in God. Congratulations, you did well to drop that useless faith.
Fruitloops007 wrote:... is there anyone who can demonstrate evidence that I may have possibly missed?
Are you capable of accepting the evidence? or does your present faith have your mind tightly shut? y:-?

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

User avatar
1over137
Technical Admin
Posts: 5193
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 6:05 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Slovakia
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 283 times

Re: The Evidence for God

#4

Post by 1over137 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:18 am

Welcome to the forum.

Also, do not anticipate that you will be served with evidence within one post, or more posts and BUM - you will be a believer.

Hopefully, you will enjoy this forum.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart

User avatar
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Posts: 9896
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia
Has liked: 627 times
Been liked: 643 times

Re: The Evidence for God

#5

Post by Kurieuo » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:19 am

Fruitloops007 wrote:Hello fellow humans,

I am new to this forum. I joined because I am very interested in hearing the evidence for God. Years ago I dropped my Christian faith due to the absence of evidence. However, is there anyone who can demonstrate evidence that I may have possibly missed?
Death provides the final proof.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

User avatar
1over137
Technical Admin
Posts: 5193
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 6:05 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Slovakia
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 283 times

Re: The Evidence for God

#6

Post by 1over137 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:23 am

Kurieuo wrote:
Fruitloops007 wrote:Hello fellow humans,

I am new to this forum. I joined because I am very interested in hearing the evidence for God. Years ago I dropped my Christian faith due to the absence of evidence. However, is there anyone who can demonstrate evidence that I may have possibly missed?
Death provides the final proof.
Yes, but for some it will be too late.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart

User avatar
1over137
Technical Admin
Posts: 5193
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 6:05 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Slovakia
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 283 times

Re: The Evidence for God

#7

Post by 1over137 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:25 am

Ok, I will start with something:

What do you think: Why world exists?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart

Fruitloops007
Newbie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:50 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: The Evidence for God

#8

Post by Fruitloops007 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:44 pm

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Are you capable of accepting the evidence? or does your present faith have your mind tightly shut? y:-?

FL
I am open to any belief, claim, or assertion that has supporting evidence.
1over137 wrote:Ok, I will start with something:

What do you think: Why world exists?
About 4.6 billion years ago, one particular nebula in one particular galaxy collapsed to form a star that would eventually be called the Sun and its planetary system.

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: The Evidence for God

#9

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:20 pm

1over137 wrote: What do you think: Why world exists?
The answer is found in Psalm 19.

FL :reading:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

User avatar
1over137
Technical Admin
Posts: 5193
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 6:05 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Slovakia
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 283 times

Re: The Evidence for God

#10

Post by 1over137 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:56 pm

Where is nebula from? Where is galaxy from? Where are physics laws from?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart

Thadeyus
Established Member
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:45 am
Christian: No
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: The Evidence for God

#11

Post by Thadeyus » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:45 am

1over137 wrote:Where is nebula from? Where is galaxy from? Where are physics laws from?
Emergent properties of reality?

User avatar
1over137
Technical Admin
Posts: 5193
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 6:05 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Slovakia
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 283 times

Re: The Evidence for God

#12

Post by 1over137 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:55 am

Thadeyus wrote:
1over137 wrote:Where is nebula from? Where is galaxy from? Where are physics laws from?
Emergent properties of reality?
So, you say there is reality and its properties. I could ask where that reality with its properties is from but I will now ask you: are the properties of the reality still the same? Once someone lost his part of leg it can never heal again, right? Then why people witness 'miracles' like healing amputess?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart

Thadeyus
Established Member
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:45 am
Christian: No
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: The Evidence for God

#13

Post by Thadeyus » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:50 am

1over137 wrote: Then why people witness 'miracles' like healing amputees?
Um...really? Okay, that's impressive. Linky perhaps?

Much cheers to all.

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: The Evidence for God

#14

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:12 am

1over137 wrote:Then why people witness 'miracles' like healing amputess?
Healing amputees?! Do you mean the regeneration of amputated limbs? You need to explain yourself, Dr Hana.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

Fruitloops007
Newbie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:50 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: The Evidence for God

#15

Post by Fruitloops007 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:39 am

1over137 wrote:Where is nebula from? Where is galaxy from? Where are physics laws from?
The universe borrowed energy from the vacuum to create vast amounts of matter and antimatter in nearly equal numbers. Most of it annihilated and filled the universe with photons. Less than one part per billion survived to form protons and neutrons and then the hydrogen and helium that make up most of everything there is. Some of this hydrogen and helium collapsed to make the first generation of massive stars, which produced the first batch of heavy elements in their central nuclear fires. These stars exploded and enriched the interstellar clouds that would form the next generation of stars. Finally, about 4.6 billion years ago, one particular nebula in one particular galaxy collapsed to form a star called the Sun with its planetary system.

from: Carroll, B.W., and Ostlie, D.A., 1996, An Introduction to Modern Astrophysics, Addison-Wesley Pub. Comp. Inc

The laws of physics are an invention from the minds of humans. They are merely mathematical formulas to approximate physical phenomena.

Post Reply