A Public Apology

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
Lunalle
Established Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: A Public Apology

Post by Lunalle »

jlay wrote:
Lunalle wrote:
jlay wrote:Get Frank Turek's book and you will know.
I think I do know, but I will not be purchasing his book. I googled his name, and the auto-complete suggestion was "frank turek is an idiot" I have better things to do than read the writings of an idiot. This also highlights why I thought the original post was a troll.
Brilliant reasoning!! Thank goodness your open mindedness and diligence led you to a Google search response.
Your "apology" post really resonates.
I don't need Google to spot foolishness, it was just a matter of confirmation.
Atheism: disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods. (from Greek atheos, from a- 'without' + theos 'god').

Are you an atheist or a theist? If you're a theist, move a little closer to the truth, and become an atheist! :)
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Hi Jay

I wouldn't bother responding to this Lunalle person, they have shown themselves to be arrogant and egotistical and unwilling to have a decent discourse as you can see by their responses.

Nice to see you up and about by the way. :)
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Lunalle
Established Member

Post by Lunalle »

Dan, I have spent hours trying to help you think more logically. I'm sorry you think so little of me, and you have closed your mind. :(
Atheism: disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods. (from Greek atheos, from a- 'without' + theos 'god').

Are you an atheist or a theist? If you're a theist, move a little closer to the truth, and become an atheist! :)
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

See what I mean Jay. :)
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Lunalle
Established Member

Post by Lunalle »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:See what I mean Jay. :)
Yeah Jay, see the public judgement and disgrace?

jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Yep. I had a pmail dialogue with them. Committed a myriad of logical fallacies, which I pointed out. And then boasts logic. Hilarious.

Done.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
WannaLearn
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by WannaLearn »

Lunalle wrote:It is certainly an interesting claim. Assuming it is an honest statement, I apologize for laughing. It is extremely confusing though. Why do you think atheism requires faith? Perhaps more importantly, what do you think faith is?
Faith is having trust. Because you have to have faith in different things. You need to have faith in the scientists who study the big bang and not only that but trusting that everything came in to perfect alignment in space with planets and this whole universe. how far the earth is from the sun perfect for us to live on. different dimensions and DNA. DNA is extremely complicated. How the Human being has a conscience and is different from all the other animals on this earth. All the rules of science that if we didn't have we couldn't even live. Go look outside and see how many things that is necessary for your survival. Everything on this earth is extremely complex. I don't trust that all this stuff just happened by itself.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

jlay wrote:Yep. I had a pmail dialogue with them. Committed a myriad of logical fallacies, which I pointed out. And then boasts logic. Hilarious.

Done.
I just hope your "dialogue" (I assume you're being generous with using such a term) was less than 28 exchanges. The lack of reading comprehension and complete disinterest in truth would be astounding were it not so absolutely typical. Nothing we haven't seen ten million times before.

You know, there is a reason K and I (with some others who aren't here anymore) worked to change the board over to it's current format. Used to be we had a good group of atheists who spent all day batting about these same worthless objections. Can you imagine if the whole board were filled with this drivel we've been seeing day in and day out for weeks now? It was really painful. The silver lining, for me, is that such "conversations" remind me of just how good that choice was.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Lunalle
Established Member

Post by Lunalle »

Matthew 7:1-6 - It seems we're all guilty of not following this advice.

Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Or, as usual, you don't understand what you are reading. Try John 7:24. If we're guilty of not following some advice, it's either Prov 26:4. Or, if you want to look a little closer at your own attempted dig, try looking at that last verse of the passage you cited.

Once again, Lunalle, you are doing the very thing we've been telling you about the entire time. The hubris it demands for you to quote a passage of Scripture, the suggestion that you get it better than those of us who believe it and study it, some of us professionally, would be astounding were it not so typical.

Get off your high horse. You don't know what you are talking about, and the more you talk, the more foolish you prove yourself to be. I told you a very long time ago, you don't need a debate. You need a class.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Lunalle
Established Member

Post by Lunalle »

Jac3510 wrote:Or, as usual, you don't understand what you are reading. Try John 7:24. If we're guilty of not following some advice, it's either Prov 26:4. Or, if you want to look a little closer at your own attempted dig, try looking at that last verse of the passage you cited.

Once again, Lunalle, you are doing the very thing we've been telling you about the entire time. The hubris it demands for you to quote a passage of Scripture, the suggestion that you get it better than those of us who believe it and study it, some of us professionally, would be astounding were it not so typical.

Get off your high horse. You don't know what you are talking about, and the more you talk, the more foolish you prove yourself to be. I told you a very long time ago, you don't need a debate. You need a class.
I'm not allowed to quote scripture now, because I don't believe what you do? That's incredible. I don't need to quote scripture. You, Dan, Jay, and Paul show the true face of Christianity. Your words say more than mine ever can. I did look closely at my "attempted dig" (which I included myself in as well). I did look at the last verse, and I purposefully included it.

Since you're a professional, why don't you go ahead and give us a sermon on what the verse means? I don't want to keep using it incorrectly.

Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Lunalle wrote:Since you're a professional, why don't you go ahead and give us a sermon on what the verse means? I don't want to keep using it incorrectly.
Why waste my time with it? You wouldn't listen even if I did. You've not listened to anything anyone has said. You're mind has been closed since before you signed up here.

And I'll take your compliment about being the true face of Christianity (even though I'm far from it, but it is a grace I pray for regularly). The truly sad part is that you can't see it for what it is, though, because of your self-induced blindness and bigotry. What is clear is the face of modern atheism. The intellectual vapidity of the tradition you represent is paralleled only by its arrogance and self-deception.

Trust me on this, Lunalle. No one here takes you seriously. And no one who has ever studied the issues you claim you want to understand will ever take you seriously. You can, of course, think that is because we're all a bunch of self-deceived idiots. Or you can do the thing you never will and look in the mirror and see what we all see: a clueless, self-deluded, overly-confident young man who is far out of his depth and doesn't know it.

I'll leave you with another verse you should consider. Prov. 16:18. If you think for one moment God will submit to your approach, as if He owes you anything (and by extension, as if we owe you anything), you are in for both sore disappointement and utter shock--far sooner than you realize.
Lunalle
Established Member

Post by Lunalle »

Here we sit, black and white, accusing one another of the same crime.

Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Yes, precisely. The difference in us, of course, is that I have taken the ten years of formal school to actually back my charge. You, on the other hand, have nothing but your ignorance you accuse from. Typical. :roll:
Lunalle
Established Member

Post by Lunalle »

Jac3510 wrote:Yes, precisely. The difference in us, of course, is that I have taken the ten years of formal school to actually back my charge. You, on the other hand, have nothing but your ignorance you accuse from. Typical. :roll:
Actually, I have well over 15 years of formal school. Keep the insults rolling though, they're good comedic relief.