Out of the Debate (Interviewing Non-belief)

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
Lunalle
Established Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Out of the Debate (Interviewing Non-belief)

Post by Lunalle »

RickD wrote:You have lost me completely now. I'm sorry, I really don't understand your point. :oops:
Hey Rick, I'm sorry I haven't been able to make my point clearly. No need for you to be embarrassed though! :)
Atheism: disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods. (from Greek atheos, from a- 'without' + theos 'god').

Are you an atheist or a theist? If you're a theist, move a little closer to the truth, and become an atheist! :)
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Lunalle wrote: I try very hard, every day, to make a point of trying to see the grey.
Hope you sometimes pause, smell a flower, breathe fresh air, enjoy the sun...

P.S. when I was a child and even teenager i was always outsider. At school, among people. I was stressed but then I learned to be alone and do not mind loneliness. And I do not depend on others views. Thankfully nowadays i have friends more of my sort so am not that alone. But as i said, i do not mind loneliness that much and do not depend on what others think. I do not even have problems to say something back when at work someone is offending me. Of course, i try to say something wise. Just am not silent.

Enjoy your weekend.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Kenny »

I know this thread ended long before I joined this site but I just had to add my $.02 worth.

GreyDeSilvisantis: How do you live your lives without God (or gods)?
Ken: God is not required to live

GreyDeSilvisantis: What do you hold of most value that without it, you'd rather be dead?
Ken: I cannot think of anything that I would rather die if I cannot have; however there are things I would risk my life for.

GreyDeSilvisantis: What about your basis for morality (which is very much rooted in the two previous questions)?
Ken: Because I believe all things have flaws; I don’t believe there is any single thing I can base all my moral beliefs on, but the closest thing I can think of is the Golden Rule; “don’t do to someone what you would not want done to yourself”

Here's a few more:
GreyDeSilvisantis: How do you define God?
Ken: Pretty much the same as the God of the Bible is described; a non-evolved being who is all powerful, all good and the creator of the Universe.

GreyDeSilvisantis: What were the steps you took to come to the conclusion that the Being does not exist or that the evidence points that such a Being does not exist?
Ken: Logic, Reason, an attempt to communicate with the God I believed in via praying, and studying the bible with an open mind

GreyDeSilvisantis: Does that mean that you disbelieve in the supernatural?
Ken: No. My disbelief in the supernatural has more to do with a natural scepticism I have for unsubstantiated claims.

GreyDeSilvisantis: Or would you say that supernatural things are just natural things that we have yet to explain?
Ken: If that were the case they wouldn’t be supernatural things. I would concede the possibility of many natural things called supernatural out of ignorance though.

Ken
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".