There is no Hope without Jesus

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
Post Reply
claysmithr
Recognized Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:07 pm
Christian: Yes
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 10 times

There is no Hope without Jesus

#1

Post by claysmithr » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:12 pm

Jesus taught the Resurrection of the Dead, and he proved it by resurrecting Lazarus and himself from the Dead.

Without Jesus, there is no Resurrection of the dead.
The Resurrection of the Dead

But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is worthless, and so is your faith. In that case, we are also exposed as false witnesses about God. For we have testified about God that He raised Christ from the dead, but He did not raise Him if in fact the dead are not raised.

For if the dead are not raised, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If our hope in Christ is for this life alone, we are to be pitied more than all men.


Without the Resurrection of the Dead, we all enter eternal death aka the void. It's the end forever, and life was ultimately pointless and about hedonistic pleasures. There is no Hell, but there is no Heaven either, and no judgement.

With Jesus, we have the Resurrection of the Dead, which promises perfect judgement upon humanity. For those clothed in Jesus, Heaven, for a large majority that reject, Hell.

While I do not like the idea of Hell, or so many people going there, I do like the promise of Heaven! Eternal joy! That means that life isn't pointless, and that there is meaning in the universe, and that meaning is to worship Jesus! The Resurrection and the life! :)

Therefore, I will stick to Jesus, because without him, there is no hope!
These users liked this post by claysmithr:
thatkidakayoungguy (Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:14 pm)

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4428
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 153 times

Re: There is no Hope without Jesus

#2

Post by abelcainsbrother » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:49 pm

I agree with this but would like to try to broaden this out even more if I can.You see not only is there no hope for us without Jesus but this also covers all other religions of the world too who have no real hope too.This is because they have no risen savior and this is why ev erything they do concerning their religion is based on human effort to try to please God.

There is no hope in these other religions and it makes no difference that they believe in their god as much as we believe in Jesus because sinners doing some good does not do anything about the sin of the person,and if there is nothing done about our sin then it would be no different if we went to their heaven,etc because sin would still remain.

I mean no matter if you're religious or not you cannot live in our world and not see sin,it is impossible,so that if nothing was ever done about it there is no true hope in them other religions.Why would we choose to serve an unHoly God who just overlooks sin because you may have done some good things in your life? I mean there is no reason to believe in any other god or religion that did nothing about sin and just overlooks it.

Jesus on the other hand did something about our sin,I mean it was the whole reason he was sent and he did it for us all out of love. There is no other god that even comes close to comparing with Jesus Christ even if you don't believe in him.This is just looking at things from a religious view-point. No other god is Holy like Jesus is because they are not really concened with sin,but our God is and he actually did something about it so that we could be saved and have true hope.
These users liked this post by abelcainsbrother:
crochet1949 (Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:53 pm)
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

Kenny
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2953
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:17 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 68 times

Re: There is no Hope without Jesus

#3

Post by Kenny » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:10 am

claysmithr wrote:Jesus taught the Resurrection of the Dead, and he proved it by resurrecting Lazarus and himself from the Dead.

Without Jesus, there is no Resurrection of the dead.
The Resurrection of the Dead

But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is worthless, and so is your faith. In that case, we are also exposed as false witnesses about God. For we have testified about God that He raised Christ from the dead, but He did not raise Him if in fact the dead are not raised.

For if the dead are not raised, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If our hope in Christ is for this life alone, we are to be pitied more than all men.


Without the Resurrection of the Dead, we all enter eternal death aka the void. It's the end forever, and life was ultimately pointless and about hedonistic pleasures. There is no Hell, but there is no Heaven either, and no judgement.

With Jesus, we have the Resurrection of the Dead, which promises perfect judgement upon humanity. For those clothed in Jesus, Heaven, for a large majority that reject, Hell.

While I do not like the idea of Hell, or so many people going there, I do like the promise of Heaven! Eternal joy! That means that life isn't pointless, and that there is meaning in the universe, and that meaning is to worship Jesus! The Resurrection and the life! :)

Therefore, I will stick to Jesus, because without him, there is no hope!
Are you under the impression that those who do not stick with Jesus have no hope?

claysmithr
Recognized Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:07 pm
Christian: Yes
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: There is no Hope without Jesus

#4

Post by claysmithr » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:01 am

Kenny wrote:
claysmithr wrote:Jesus taught the Resurrection of the Dead, and he proved it by resurrecting Lazarus and himself from the Dead.

Without Jesus, there is no Resurrection of the dead.
The Resurrection of the Dead

But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is worthless, and so is your faith. In that case, we are also exposed as false witnesses about God. For we have testified about God that He raised Christ from the dead, but He did not raise Him if in fact the dead are not raised.

For if the dead are not raised, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If our hope in Christ is for this life alone, we are to be pitied more than all men.


Without the Resurrection of the Dead, we all enter eternal death aka the void. It's the end forever, and life was ultimately pointless and about hedonistic pleasures. There is no Hell, but there is no Heaven either, and no judgement.

With Jesus, we have the Resurrection of the Dead, which promises perfect judgement upon humanity. For those clothed in Jesus, Heaven, for a large majority that reject, Hell.

While I do not like the idea of Hell, or so many people going there, I do like the promise of Heaven! Eternal joy! That means that life isn't pointless, and that there is meaning in the universe, and that meaning is to worship Jesus! The Resurrection and the life! :)

Therefore, I will stick to Jesus, because without him, there is no hope!
Are you under the impression that those who do not stick with Jesus have no hope?
Yes?

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1462
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:04 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 73 times

Re: There is no Hope without Jesus

#5

Post by crochet1949 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:27 am

You're right -- those who Don't stick with Jesus Christ have no hope.

Kenny
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2953
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:17 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 68 times

Re: There is no Hope without Jesus

#6

Post by Kenny » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:26 pm

crochet1949 wrote:You're right -- those who Don't stick with Jesus Christ have no hope.
So what does it mean to you to have no hope?

Ken

Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 6408
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 268 times
Been liked: 482 times

Re: There is no Hope without Jesus

#7

Post by Philip » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:48 pm

Ken:
So what does it mean to you to have no hope?

Ken
First answer the question: What does it mean to "stick" with Jesus? Only a person never actually saved will not stick with Jesus. Oh, many who have merely prayed a prayer, initially had some sense of belief, and later abandoned the outer trappings that they were saved. But such people were never saved. Some might appear to have done this who WERE truly saved - it depends upon whether they ever came to heart and mind committed faith in Christ - because that is why it is called, "entering into ETERNAL life!"

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1462
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:04 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 73 times

Re: There is no Hope without Jesus

#8

Post by crochet1949 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:37 pm

'claysmithr' had used the term 'stick' with Jesus. In other words Jesus Christ is the answer. His bodily resurrection. He is acknowledging that.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4428
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 153 times

Re: There is no Hope without Jesus

#9

Post by abelcainsbrother » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:08 pm

Kenny wrote:
claysmithr wrote:Jesus taught the Resurrection of the Dead, and he proved it by resurrecting Lazarus and himself from the Dead.

Without Jesus, there is no Resurrection of the dead.
The Resurrection of the Dead

But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is worthless, and so is your faith. In that case, we are also exposed as false witnesses about God. For we have testified about God that He raised Christ from the dead, but He did not raise Him if in fact the dead are not raised.

For if the dead are not raised, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If our hope in Christ is for this life alone, we are to be pitied more than all men.


Without the Resurrection of the Dead, we all enter eternal death aka the void. It's the end forever, and life was ultimately pointless and about hedonistic pleasures. There is no Hell, but there is no Heaven either, and no judgement.

With Jesus, we have the Resurrection of the Dead, which promises perfect judgement upon humanity. For those clothed in Jesus, Heaven, for a large majority that reject, Hell.

While I do not like the idea of Hell, or so many people going there, I do like the promise of Heaven! Eternal joy! That means that life isn't pointless, and that there is meaning in the universe, and that meaning is to worship Jesus! The Resurrection and the life! :)

Therefore, I will stick to Jesus, because without him, there is no hope!
Are you under the impression that those who do not stick with Jesus have no hope?

You have no hope as an atheist because the atheistic world view just leads to death.How is there hope in that? Death? Boring! We already experience death, and yet that is what is your future is if atheism is true.There is no hope in that no matter how you might spin it. You live, you die,and thats it? Nothing more? And no justice? No rewards? Just death? Hope? How?
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

Kenny
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2953
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:17 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 68 times

Re: There is no Hope without Jesus

#10

Post by Kenny » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:44 am

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Kenny wrote:
claysmithr wrote:Jesus taught the Resurrection of the Dead, and he proved it by resurrecting Lazarus and himself from the Dead.

Without Jesus, there is no Resurrection of the dead.
The Resurrection of the Dead

But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is worthless, and so is your faith. In that case, we are also exposed as false witnesses about God. For we have testified about God that He raised Christ from the dead, but He did not raise Him if in fact the dead are not raised.

For if the dead are not raised, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If our hope in Christ is for this life alone, we are to be pitied more than all men.


Without the Resurrection of the Dead, we all enter eternal death aka the void. It's the end forever, and life was ultimately pointless and about hedonistic pleasures. There is no Hell, but there is no Heaven either, and no judgement.

With Jesus, we have the Resurrection of the Dead, which promises perfect judgement upon humanity. For those clothed in Jesus, Heaven, for a large majority that reject, Hell.

While I do not like the idea of Hell, or so many people going there, I do like the promise of Heaven! Eternal joy! That means that life isn't pointless, and that there is meaning in the universe, and that meaning is to worship Jesus! The Resurrection and the life! :)

Therefore, I will stick to Jesus, because without him, there is no hope!
Are you under the impression that those who do not stick with Jesus have no hope?

You have no hope as an atheist because the atheistic world view just leads to death.How is there hope in that? Death? Boring! We already experience death, and yet that is what is your future is if atheism is true.There is no hope in that no matter how you might spin it. You live, you die,and thats it? Nothing more? And no justice? No rewards? Just death? Hope? How?
Like the old saying goes; "it's the journey, not the destination that's important".

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 19248
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino
Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 889 times

Re: There is no Hope without Jesus

#11

Post by RickD » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:37 am

Kenny wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Kenny wrote:
claysmithr wrote:Jesus taught the Resurrection of the Dead, and he proved it by resurrecting Lazarus and himself from the Dead.

Without Jesus, there is no Resurrection of the dead.
The Resurrection of the Dead

But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is worthless, and so is your faith. In that case, we are also exposed as false witnesses about God. For we have testified about God that He raised Christ from the dead, but He did not raise Him if in fact the dead are not raised.

For if the dead are not raised, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If our hope in Christ is for this life alone, we are to be pitied more than all men.


Without the Resurrection of the Dead, we all enter eternal death aka the void. It's the end forever, and life was ultimately pointless and about hedonistic pleasures. There is no Hell, but there is no Heaven either, and no judgement.

With Jesus, we have the Resurrection of the Dead, which promises perfect judgement upon humanity. For those clothed in Jesus, Heaven, for a large majority that reject, Hell.

While I do not like the idea of Hell, or so many people going there, I do like the promise of Heaven! Eternal joy! That means that life isn't pointless, and that there is meaning in the universe, and that meaning is to worship Jesus! The Resurrection and the life! :)

Therefore, I will stick to Jesus, because without him, there is no hope!
Are you under the impression that those who do not stick with Jesus have no hope?

You have no hope as an atheist because the atheistic world view just leads to death.How is there hope in that? Death? Boring! We already experience death, and yet that is what is your future is if atheism is true.There is no hope in that no matter how you might spin it. You live, you die,and thats it? Nothing more? And no justice? No rewards? Just death? Hope? How?
Like the old saying goes; "it's the journey, not the destination that's important".
That old saying doesn't mean a whole lot when the destination is eternity.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Kenny
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2953
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:17 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 68 times

Re: There is no Hope without Jesus

#12

Post by Kenny » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:51 pm

RickD wrote:
Kenny wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Kenny wrote:
claysmithr wrote:Jesus taught the Resurrection of the Dead, and he proved it by resurrecting Lazarus and himself from the Dead.

Without Jesus, there is no Resurrection of the dead.



Without the Resurrection of the Dead, we all enter eternal death aka the void. It's the end forever, and life was ultimately pointless and about hedonistic pleasures. There is no Hell, but there is no Heaven either, and no judgement.

With Jesus, we have the Resurrection of the Dead, which promises perfect judgement upon humanity. For those clothed in Jesus, Heaven, for a large majority that reject, Hell.

While I do not like the idea of Hell, or so many people going there, I do like the promise of Heaven! Eternal joy! That means that life isn't pointless, and that there is meaning in the universe, and that meaning is to worship Jesus! The Resurrection and the life! :)

Therefore, I will stick to Jesus, because without him, there is no hope!
Are you under the impression that those who do not stick with Jesus have no hope?

You have no hope as an atheist because the atheistic world view just leads to death.How is there hope in that? Death? Boring! We already experience death, and yet that is what is your future is if atheism is true.There is no hope in that no matter how you might spin it. You live, you die,and thats it? Nothing more? And no justice? No rewards? Just death? Hope? How?
Like the old saying goes; "it's the journey, not the destination that's important".
That old saying doesn't mean a whole lot when the destination is eternity.
The threat or promise of eternity only works for those who believe.

k

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 19248
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino
Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 889 times

Re: There is no Hope without Jesus

#13

Post by RickD » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:58 pm

Kenny wrote:
RickD wrote:
Kenny wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Kenny wrote:
Are you under the impression that those who do not stick with Jesus have no hope?

You have no hope as an atheist because the atheistic world view just leads to death.How is there hope in that? Death? Boring! We already experience death, and yet that is what is your future is if atheism is true.There is no hope in that no matter how you might spin it. You live, you die,and thats it? Nothing more? And no justice? No rewards? Just death? Hope? How?
Like the old saying goes; "it's the journey, not the destination that's important".
That old saying doesn't mean a whole lot when the destination is eternity.
The threat or promise of eternity only works for those who believe.

k
And yet the reality of eternity will show that eventually, all will believe(God exists).

Only God can show you He is real. And I pray that you are open to hear Him when He speaks.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1462
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:04 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 73 times

Re: There is no Hope without Jesus

#14

Post by crochet1949 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:20 pm

God's Word tells us that there is either heaven or hell in every person's future.

The person who chooses Now to not believe there is a God -- will find out that He does exist.

And the person who chooses to not believe what His word says about how to be able to be in heaven and stay out of hell, well, that person Will end up in the place that No one wants to end up. And there will be no reconsidering and getting out.

So -- Now is the time to make the most important choice of your life. The destiny -- where you Will end up Forever.

Your journey is Now. Your eternal home is the most important.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 8283
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 285 times

Re: There is no Hope without Jesus

#15

Post by PaulSacramento » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:21 am

Hi Kenny, if I may ask:
What do you think happens to energy?

Post Reply