Holy Spirit encounter?

Share how you became a Christian, or experiences from your Christian life.
Grshpr
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes

Holy Spirit encounter?

Post by Grshpr »

I hope this is the place for this but my girlfriend an I split up due to long distance and it wasnt by my choice.

Needless to say that several days later, she was still on my mind. The love I had for her was just pouring out of my soul as I thought about her while I paced the floor.

Finally, I stopped the pacing and continous thoughts and leaned up against the counter staring down at the ground.

In that instant, a thought came to my mind that wasn't my own. Like soft mental words saying.... "She will contact you again". I was thinking without thinking and cant explain how or where it came from. It came in quickly and was gone. I immediately felt this sensation in my stomach and my chest got warm with this feeling of love followed by an amazing feeling of piece. All anxiety was gone in a split second. Its been a week now and I couldnt shake this peacefulness if I tried. Its constant from daylight till dark.

Now I know people break up everyday having never experienced anything like this. Im a little concerned and curious as to why God would interrupt my life in such a profound way just to let me know I would hear from my girlfriend again.

There has to be more to this message than simply giving me a heads up. Thanks.
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Holy Spirit encounter?

Post by Philip »

Welcome, Grshpr!
Grshpr: In that instant, a thought came to my mind that wasn't my own. Like soft mental words saying.... "She will contact you again". I was thinking without thinking and cant explain how or where it came from. It came in quickly and was gone.
Grshpr, I can tell you that, as a young man, I had all kinds of things come to my mind after breaking up with a woman I was just sure it was "meant" to continue. But our feelings are very powerful things. I remember looking for all kinds of signs I might interpret as God leading me about her. And that is all it was - looking back after 30 years marriage to another. And I also thank God He did not let me go down a path of emotion and desire that would likely have led to disaster. Now, I don't anything about this lady of yours - she may or may not ever come around again. But don't trust your feelings or "voices in your head." Believe me, you are looking for confirmation that what you want is also what God wants for you. If so, He'll work that out for you. But it is also highly likely these are mere feelings driving your thoughts - and the Bible tells us that our feelings can greatly control and deceive us, as they are often highly inaccurate.

For what it's worth - there is no ONE person God ordains for you to marry - as he gives you freedom in this matter, yet within parameters. Now, as you search for a person, He certainly can guide you to a suitable woman. But He wants you to ONLY marry a Godly woman who is (hopefully and also) a likewise committed follower of Christ - as well as not divorced except under certain exceptions. Other than these, you are free to decide. And there are countless Christian women out there who you are free to pursue. Just remember, position yourself wherever women of such variables frequent - ya wanna catch fish, you won't catch them in your bathtub (so don't try meeting non-Christians or at bars, etc.).

Hope that helps. Again, welcome!
Grshpr
Newbie Member

Post by Grshpr »

Thank you Philip. And I don't take your advice lightly. I wouldn't be here if I wasn't open minded to other views.

If I could just add to this. I could interpret those words of " she will contact you again" through the physical sensations within me. Through my stomach, my heart, and the steady calm that I still carry today.
In my mind, a though or an emotion changes all the time and I would be bouncing off the walls with anxiety right now had I not recieved this awesome peace.
It reminds me just how separated we are from our mind and body. The inner knowing I have accompanied by the calmness inside me completely shuts down any hounding mental thoughts because the feeling inside me is constant. Its kind of hard to get used to because I feel like if Im not worried about something Im not doing anything about it. Ive never experienced anything like this in my life.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

I had a dream a couple weeks ago that related to cussing. I was in the yard nothing special but then I was in a cystal looking room, with a giant who looked like Paul Bunyan, and a small black being. I wasn't scared of either and in my mind I said the giant was God, and I said a cussword. The giant ran away to my right and the small black entity (I remember it had a sickle) floated towards me and I was basically out of there. It never touched me, and I felt a little bad and sad. I contiuned having dreams and when I woke up I said to myself "I gotta stop cussing.".
Nicki
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nicki »

Grshpr wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:35 pm I hope this is the place for this but my girlfriend an I split up due to long distance and it wasnt by my choice.

Needless to say that several days later, she was still on my mind. The love I had for her was just pouring out of my soul as I thought about her while I paced the floor.

Finally, I stopped the pacing and continous thoughts and leaned up against the counter staring down at the ground.

In that instant, a thought came to my mind that wasn't my own. Like soft mental words saying.... "She will contact you again". I was thinking without thinking and cant explain how or where it came from. It came in quickly and was gone. I immediately felt this sensation in my stomach and my chest got warm with this feeling of love followed by an amazing feeling of piece. All anxiety was gone in a split second. Its been a week now and I couldnt shake this peacefulness if I tried. Its constant from daylight till dark.

Now I know people break up everyday having never experienced anything like this. Im a little concerned and curious as to why God would interrupt my life in such a profound way just to let me know I would hear from my girlfriend again.

There has to be more to this message than simply giving me a heads up. Thanks.
It could be genuine, but maybe it's not - I'm sure the peace is genuine anyway. Trust God and it will be OK whatever happens.