My journey

Share how you became a Christian, or experiences from your Christian life.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: My journey

Post by Storyteller »

Thanks guys :)

I love you all xx

Nessa....

To get drunk I suppose. Never to the point of passing out or being ill but enough to get drunk. Unless you knew me too, you wouldn`t know I was drunk. I don`t get nasty, silly or start dancing around naked.
To be honest, a lot of the time it`s just to drink. I drink loads of water, always and I guess sometimes I drink alcohol instead of water.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Post by Nessa »

Storyteller wrote:Thanks guys :)

I love you all xx

Nessa....

To get drunk I suppose. Never to the point of passing out or being ill but enough to get drunk. Unless you knew me too, you wouldn`t know I was drunk. I don`t get nasty, silly or start dancing around naked.
To be honest, a lot of the time it`s just to drink. I drink loads of water, always and I guess sometimes I drink alcohol instead of water.
It's amazes me how some people can be drunk and you can't tell...

My dad use to be what i'd call a 'weekend' alcoholic if there is such a thing... keep it together during the week to work but as soon as the weekend came round.. at the pub. He was an angry dad growing up and I think the alcohol played a part... or influenced it at least
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ipUzLjzjrvk
I love the above
Also https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=985-jX-PAl4

What about getting drowned in glorious music (and not alcohol)?

Annete, let me encouradge you to find something (music, art, whatever) glorious where you forget about troubles and pains.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Storyteller wrote:I dream of flying, often, and it always make me cry.

I want to soar high and fly free.

I adore life, and living but sometimes I get this glimpse, like a rainbow, so elusive, so magical, something more.

I want to be free of drinking and it breaks my heart each time I do. How low do I have to sink, how often do I need to dust myself down?

I'm tired.

But hey :)

My love, awe, respect and faith in God is stronger than ever, as is my love for you all x
Courage does not always roar.
Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
I will try again tomorrow y@};-
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Male

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Courage does not always roar.
Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
I will try again tomorrow y@};-
In fact, quite often... :amen:
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

So Catholicism is feeling like home. Been to Mass a few times, felt close to God.
Chatted to the priest, who answers all my questions, isnt pushing me to join his church but to find truth. A lot of my questions have been answered, some interesting questions have arisen and I am endlesslessly fascinated by it.
One thing I need to learn is patience.
My ankle slowed me down physically.
The priest advised reading the gospels, getting to teally know them, ssys I am spending too much time on philosophical stuff. I need to slow down, get to know the basics.
Slow down mentally?

But thats how I am.
What drew me to God, that endless fascination, that learning, the asking of those huge questions, trying to understand God.

Im gonna go read Matthew.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:
Break a leg! :mrgreen: :beat:

Annette,

It's good to see you're doing better, and back on your foot again. :D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Im gonna go read Matthew. :D you make me and Fr.Dom smile !
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Storyteller wrote:So Catholicism is feeling like home. Been to Mass a few times, felt close to God.
Chatted to the priest, who answers all my questions, isnt pushing me to join his church but to find truth. A lot of my questions have been answered, some interesting questions have arisen and I am endlesslessly fascinated by it.
One thing I need to learn is patience.
My ankle slowed me down physically.
The priest advised reading the gospels, getting to teally know them, ssys I am spending too much time on philosophical stuff. I need to slow down, get to know the basics.
Slow down mentally?

But thats how I am.
What drew me to God, that endless fascination, that learning, the asking of those huge questions, trying to understand God.

Try and Try Again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjeZPIQjQ_k
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

An update and a few random thoughts....

My drinking is well under control, down to 2 or 3 glasses of wine twice a week.
Been going to Mass, am still pondering Catholicism.
Family life is on track and life is good.

I am still praying, reading and just generally drawing closer to God.

Random thoughts...

This forum brings me closer to God. By pondering the big questions I am unearthing smaller questions that I do find answers to. I am discovering things, finding my way and I think God is leading me somewhere.
I really enjoy the exchanges I have here, both on the boards and in pm. There have been some very interesting things brought up.
I used to think I had no right to "spread the Word" How can I when I know so little of Scripture? Now, I think I`m missing the point....... I may not be able to talk about Scripture (although apparently I know more than some who attend church!) but I can talk about my faith and what it means to me.
I feel like a child compared to most on here but maybe that is my strength.

I had a customer in my shop who noticed my Rosary, we started talking, he asked lots of questions, I just told him what I thought personally, and what God and faith meant to me, he ended up buying a Bible and has said he will read it and give it all some thought. How awesome is that? He told me it was because I was the first Christian he had met that was willing to admit that I could be totally, utterly, horribly wrong about all this but it`s what I believe.

Why do we label people? Christian. Atheist. Muslim, whatever. I have a new one... non Christian :)

I pray to God that I will never be one of those self righteous, preaching, arrogant, believe in God or you`re all damned type of believer. I wanna stay like me. Unsure of my ability and strengths but secure in my faith.

I am constantly thinking Ooooooo, a new step on my journey with Christ. Sometimes I can`t wait for the day where I will finally meet and be with God but then I think but I have so much to discover here first.

I`ve started writing, all of this, some of the posts I`ve made on here along with some thoughts. I think it`ll be interesting to read over in a few years, see how much further down the road I am.

I feel braver talking to people about my faith. I`ve stopped thinking it`s my job to "convert" people, that`s up to God, He`s way better at it than I will ever be, all I can do is tell people how I feel.

Tols ya there were gonna be some random thoughts :mrgreen:
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

y@};-

that you have no right to spread the word?
you have every right to do so.

that was a very great post above

p.s. humbleness can achieve a lot
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

y>:D< y@};-

Thank you xx
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Sometimes
I just want to be loved, needed, cherished.
I know I am but I need to hear it. Does that make me needy? Insecure? Vain?
But then, when people tell me I'm I'm all those things, that they like me, I dont believe them.
The things people say they like me for, why they love me, they are just such nice things, I suppose Im afraid if I go yeah, thats me it will break the spell kinda thing.

I feel at home here.

I love you all.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Storyteller wrote:Sometimes
I just want to be loved, needed, cherished.
I know I am but I need to hear it. Does that make me needy? Insecure? Vain?
But then, when people tell me I'm I'm all those things, that they like me, I dont believe them.
The things people say they like me for, why they love me, they are just such nice things, I suppose Im afraid if I go yeah, thats me it will break the spell kinda thing.

I feel at home here.

I love you all.
Vain? No
Needy? We were created to need God & eachother
Insecure? We all are at times ;)
Honest? Yes

Only God can meet our deepest needs BUT I believe the reason why we feel that way is because we are social people. We need each other. And every type of relationship we have meets a certain need. Mothers, Fathers, Brothers, Sisters, Friends etc.

And we need fellowship, we need to connect, we need to belong, to be accepted and known and loved. Thats what I believe anyway.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Oh Nessa, I so wish there was a love button.

Thank you my love, they were the perfect words. :)