What if I'm wrong?

Share how you became a Christian, or experiences from your Christian life.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

What if I'm wrong?

Post by Storyteller »

Typing out loud here...

I absolutely believe God exists but what if I'm wrong?
I believe Fooz may be the man for me.
I believe my friends are good for me, and I for them, yet they're not Christians.
One of my friends is poly, he believes that he can't get everything he wants from one person but by being open and honest he can love more than one person. He gives 100 pc of himself to whoever he is spending time with, it's not always sexual either, more sharing his time.

I believe everything is a lesson, I'm convinced there's something behind everything. There has to be.

I've always had faith but it's never been, Idk, biblical. It's instinctual.

If I were to stand before God now..
I know I'm a sinner, Christ died for me.
He knows what's in my heart.
I don't doubt Him. I doubt myself.
Am I good enough? Not without His grace, no.

I can only follow my heart. I gave my heart to God because it's His.
I may be a sinner but I'm a child of God.

Well, that didn't type how I thought it was going to 😊
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: What if I'm wrong?

Post by Philip »

Story: I absolutely believe God exists but what if I'm wrong? I believe Fooz may be the man for me.
I believe my friends are good for me, and I for them, yet they're not Christians.
So, WHOSE view of right and wrong will you follow - those of the One who DIED a hideous death the set you free for now and ETERNITY to come - or popular sentiment and self will? Note that the Bible teaches, from both Testaments, that Believers are not to marry or to unite sexually with an unbeliever. And so what is an Believer - one who remains committed in heart and mind to God / Christ! And one not acknowledging and following Jesus is an UNBELIEVER! God's mandate in this is because the unbeliever will wield great influence in getting the Believing spouse or partner to follow all kinds of unGodly activities and beliefs, where one begins to embrace things they otherwise are instructed not to, and would likely not embrace without the influence and encouragement of the unbeliever. BTW, this was Solomon's great downfall!