Fight Sex Child Trafficking with the McNutt Family

Christian ministries and missions that are inspiring or need prayer, as well as other social justice causes where Christians are living God's love and making a difference.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Fight Sex Child Trafficking with the McNutt Family

Post by Jac3510 »

Two of my very good family friends, Adam and Leslie, are moving in the next couple of months to India to be full time missionaries. I'll tell you a bit more about them below, but up front, I'd like you all to pray about supporting them, certainly by prayer, but financially if at all possible (cf. James 2:16). I know money is really tight for everybody, but we don't get unless we ask, so here I am asking. My family is going to be supporting them at $25/wk and, of course, through a lot of prayer.

Specifically, they are going to get children out of the sex-traffic industry. Here's a link to a video the ministry has produced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq3C18WzOCw

Leslie will be working with the young girls, while Adam will be training local pastors. I don't know if you all are familiar with what the state of Christian education is in that part of the world, but I work for a local seminary and here about it on a very regular basis. There are pastors who don't even have Bibles and who, when we highly educated Christians are willing to, literally spend fifteen and twenty hours in one sitting studying and learning everything they can. Those pastors are going to be extremely effective in reaching their communities because they are indigenous. Beyond just training pastors who can, in turn, help lead God knows how many to Christ, one of the things they will be able to do is get to the root problem of the industry: parents who are willing to to sell their little girls into that industry (although, in their defense, they often don't know what all it entails--something else these pastors will help take care of).

Here's some more links:

Their Facebook page
Their February Newsletter

So please consider:

1. Pray for them. We have lots of people praying for them, and Adam every week calls me and tells me all kinds of stories of how God is just opening doors.
2. Subscribe to the newsletter. It's free, will give you something to pray for specifically, and will give you a way to share the ministry with others if God so leads you
3. Give financially to support the ministry, whether a one time gift or a small monthly donation. They only need $1000/mo to live full time in India, so we aren't talking about big money and lavish living. So far, they have raised just shy of $500/mo.

One last aside -- beyond them being good friends of mine, one of the reasons I support this ministry is what and who they are reaching, namely, children. The fact that these are kids in need is all the more important, and add to that the fact that I have two daughters on my own, and I'm caught, hook, line, and sinker. But check out this last video (it's short), not produced by the ministry, which I think goes to show the importance of international children's ministry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snLGGYXU_W4
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
jlay
Ultimate Member

Re: Fight Sex Child Trafficking with the McNutt Family

Post by jlay »

Two things I'm passionate about. Children's ministry and indigenous missionaries.
God bless your friends. Im blessed to have friends who operate orphanages in Bolivia. What a calling.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Absolutely, these guys need money and prayers.

I know from experience that ministering in places like India and Pakistan, is a very very difficult task. So I will urge everyone, who can, to help these guys.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
jlay
Ultimate Member

Post by jlay »

Neo,

Do you have anything on G&S about your family's work? I'm pretty certain you have talked about your family serving in a missional capacity in a hostile country.

I'd love to hear more about what you guys are doing.

Metro ministries is one we support. Bill Wilson is the guy who pioneered the Sidewalk Sunday School, but he has since branched out to international ministry in Vietnam, Philipines, and Africa. He is very active in dealing with the child sex slavery, and has been successful at helping countries infiltrate this abomination.

Can't say I've met anyone with his resolve. He has been stabbed, beaten and shot in the face, yet he continues. Metro reaches over 20k children a week in the Brooklyn area, and about that many or more through the international program.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Jilay, I'd love to tell you.

Our primary work consists of evangelism among Muslims, and then helping the newly born Christians adjust, since they can't declare their faiths openly without the risk of being tortured or killed. We remain in fellowship, we try to get them to make some good christian friends. But its very hard.
We work in places where there has been persecution and also reach areas where there is no organized church nor ministers. We prepare ministers and help those who are struggling. A big part of what we do here is to take the most deserving children and pay for their education, help them out of extreme poverty. Illiteracy and disease and too things rampant in poorest Christian communities here and you can see a bit of that in the blog posts below. We put up medical camps when we can afford them. We give out clothes, food and shoes whenever we can.

Our work mostly this year, is on the Indian Pakistan border site in Punjab, where there are many villages and towns that have heard next to nothing about the gospel.

We are small, so what we do we do on our own and make the best of it.

This is some of our work which I shared on my blog
http://johnadavid.wordpress.com/2012/12 ... -part-one/
http://johnadavid.wordpress.com/2012/11 ... our-homes/
http://johnadavid.wordpress.com/2013/01 ... as-part-2/
http://johnadavid.wordpress.com/2012/11 ... h-threats/

I didn;t know about Metro ministries but Im glad now I do, I visited their website. All I can say is that it is a great work they are doing.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

I really want to get involved.

Jac, thanks for the opportunity, I will help.

Neo,
I'm a RN with a BSN in science. My specialty is acute cardiology for 4 years. I've always wanted to get into pediatrics but have never had the opportunity. But I've been searching for outreach programs. If you are setting up a medical camp in the future, I would love to volunteer. Let me know if I'm needed.

God bless everyone involved