Israel and Palestine

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Israel and Palestine

Post by UsagiTsukino »

How should we feel about what's going on? Israel also been attacking Christians. Doesn't help both sides are attacking each other. Should people still stand with Israel or cut funds
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Israel and Palestine

Post by Philip »

Usagi: How should we feel about what's going on? Israel also been attacking Christians. Doesn't help both sides are attacking each other. Should people still stand with Israel or cut funds?
Usagi, it certainly is a tragedy when nations go to war. But I have questions:

1. What Christians has Israel been attacking?

2. Do you think it was okay for Hamas to initiate a conflict by launching rockets into a sovereign country's civilian population?

3. Do you think Hamas wants peace with Israel? After all, they have long stated that they would like to eradicate and destroy the Jewish State, and now they've attacked it again with rockets!

4. Do you not think Hamas well realized that when they attacked Israel that the response could be swift and brutal? Did Hamas' leaders consider the horror and suffering they would foolishly bring upon their countrymen by such attacks?

5. As the same organized group has repeatedly launched rockets into Israel - is it not in Israel's best interests and safety to go beyond mere retaliation and a quick ceasefire to eliminating as many of those constantly threatening them as possible - else, these rocket attacks will continue more and more - especially with Iran financing and providing evermore sophisticated and deadly weaponry to the Hamas militants?

6. What do you think your country's response would be if the adjacent country fired rockets into your cities?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:
6. What do you think your country's response would be if the adjacent country fired rockets into your cities?
If the rockets came across the southern border by the hundreds or thousands, and infiltrated our cities, I’d guess that our POTUS would be fine with it.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Philip wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:50 pm
Usagi: How should we feel about what's going on? Israel also been attacking Christians. Doesn't help both sides are attacking each other. Should people still stand with Israel or cut funds?
Usagi, it certainly is a tragedy when nations go to war. But I have questions:

1. What Christians has Israel been attacking?

2. Do you think it was okay for Hamas to initiate a conflict by launching rockets into a sovereign country's civilian population?

3. Do you think Hamas wants peace with Israel? After all, they have long stated that they would like to eradicate and destroy the Jewish State, and now they've attacked it again with rockets!

4. Do you not think Hamas well realized that when they attacked Israel that the response could be swift and brutal? Did Hamas' leaders consider the horror and suffering they would foolishly bring upon their countrymen by such attacks?

5. As the same organized group has repeatedly launched rockets into Israel - is it not in Israel's best interests and safety to go beyond mere retaliation and a quick ceasefire to eliminating as many of those constantly threatening them as possible - else, these rocket attacks will continue more and more - especially with Iran financing and providing evermore sophisticated and deadly weaponry to the Hamas militants?

And then there is Hamas deliberate use of civilians in Gaza as human shields to generate sympathy from the international community.

Does Hamas Use Human Shields?
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by UsagiTsukino »

They been attacking Palestine christian. No the Hamas don't want peace. but Israel isn't helping even. Both are being horrible. Yes I would be scared if the same happened. I'm just saying that how mess things are Israel been burning land and soldiers also have attacked kids also. I wish both sides find peace but it will never happen