Covid vaccine personal experiences

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Fliegender
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Re: Covid vaccine personal experiences

Post by Fliegender »

RickD wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:05 pm
Philip wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:43 pm Image
Philip,

Why must you focus on the negative?

While you look at this thread as beating a dead horse, I’d rather focus on the positive.

Let’s think of it as helping to keep a dead forum alive.
:incense: :samen:
Ah, that’s what you were doing...and here I thought you had graduated magna cum laude from Donald J. Trump University.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:46 pm
RickD wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:05 pm
Philip wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:43 pm Image
Philip,

Why must you focus on the negative?

While you look at this thread as beating a dead horse, I’d rather focus on the positive.

Let’s think of it as helping to keep a dead forum alive.
:incense: :samen:
Ah, that’s what you were doing...and here I thought you had graduated magna cum laude from Donald J. Trump University.
I feel somewhat embarrassed when I tell you this...

I flunked out of Trump University, because instead of studying, I spent my days playing golf.

John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

RickD wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:02 am ...

I flunked out of Trump University, because instead of studying, I spent my days playing golf.
Aw....then we have something in common. I flunked out of Anheuser-Busch University.

I’ll start a thread soon that should help the traffic here. I’m in deep trouble so maybe the good Christians and heathen atheist scum visitors who stop by this site could help me with my problem.

:crying:
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:43 pm
RickD wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:02 am ...

Aw....then we have something in common. I flunked out of Anheuser-Busch University.

I’ll start a thread soon that should help the traffic here. I’m in deep trouble so maybe the good Christians and heathen atheist scum visitors who stop by this site could help me with my problem.

:crying:
I’ll pray for you. Not because I care about you, but because saying it placates the bored moderators.*
:samen:

* :icare: :loveall:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

DBowling wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:03 am
DBowling wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:42 am
DBowling wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:06 am I'll be taking another road trip tomorrow... but this time for my wife.

My wife has not yet received the same notification from our health care provider that I did last week for a covid shot, so she has been searching pharmacies for available covid shots. She finally found one yesterday... 2 hours away :esurprised:

Since I love my wife dearly and have an enormous vested interest in her health and wellbeing, I am taking the day off work and we are going on a road trip date tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see which shot she gets.
Just got back from our covid vaccine road trip.
My wife is feeling well after her first shot, and her second shot is scheduled for 4/9.
I'm getting my second shot on 4/2, so we should be good to go by the end of April.
I managed to totally dodge any side effects associated from my first covid shot, but my wife was not quite as fortunate as I was.
Last night she got a headache and became nauseas. (and yes... I do think that was from the covid shot)

I gave her acetaminophen for the headache (which is ok for treating vaccine side effects) and gave her fluids until she finally fell asleep. At around midnight her immune system calmed down and the side affects went away.
My wife is back to her normal self this morning. :)

This part of getting vaccinated was no fun at all.
But it did prepare us for what to watch out for when we get our second shots in early April.

Until then, there is some very encouraging news from Israel regarding the Pfizer vaccine.
The effectiveness of the first Pfizer dose is around 85% after 10 days. Even before the second dose which pushes the effectiveness over 95%.
I got my first vaccine 8 days ago so I'm either at or close to the 85% effectiveness range.

We are both looking forward to the end of April when we will both be safe from Covid and life can begin to return to something resembling normal for us. It will be great when a 'date' involves going out to dinner and a movie instead of taking a 2 hour road trip to Rite Aid. :)
Well... I just got back from getting my second Pfizer shot.
I'll have to wait a few more hours to see if I manage to dodge the shot #2 side effects...
But so far so good.

Just two more weeks and I will be "safe"
And only three weeks until my wife and I can 'safely' go out on dates again! :)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote:
I’m glad that you’ve finally acknowledged what I’ve been saying all along. Thank you for your proper use of quotes around words.

y>:D<
I'll have to wait a few more hours to see if I manage to dodge the shot #2 side effects...
But so far so good.
And if your believing that the possible side effects of the vaccine can only happen within the first few hours will help you get over your fear, and get you back to a sense of normalcy in your life, then I say, “great for you”!!!!

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

DBowling wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:56 pm
DBowling wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:03 am
DBowling wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:42 am
DBowling wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:06 am I'll be taking another road trip tomorrow... but this time for my wife.

My wife has not yet received the same notification from our health care provider that I did last week for a covid shot, so she has been searching pharmacies for available covid shots. She finally found one yesterday... 2 hours away :esurprised:

Since I love my wife dearly and have an enormous vested interest in her health and wellbeing, I am taking the day off work and we are going on a road trip date tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see which shot she gets.
Just got back from our covid vaccine road trip.
My wife is feeling well after her first shot, and her second shot is scheduled for 4/9.
I'm getting my second shot on 4/2, so we should be good to go by the end of April.
I managed to totally dodge any side effects associated from my first covid shot, but my wife was not quite as fortunate as I was.
Last night she got a headache and became nauseas. (and yes... I do think that was from the covid shot)

I gave her acetaminophen for the headache (which is ok for treating vaccine side effects) and gave her fluids until she finally fell asleep. At around midnight her immune system calmed down and the side affects went away.
My wife is back to her normal self this morning. :)

This part of getting vaccinated was no fun at all.
But it did prepare us for what to watch out for when we get our second shots in early April.

Until then, there is some very encouraging news from Israel regarding the Pfizer vaccine.
The effectiveness of the first Pfizer dose is around 85% after 10 days. Even before the second dose which pushes the effectiveness over 95%.
I got my first vaccine 8 days ago so I'm either at or close to the 85% effectiveness range.

We are both looking forward to the end of April when we will both be safe from Covid and life can begin to return to something resembling normal for us. It will be great when a 'date' involves going out to dinner and a movie instead of taking a 2 hour road trip to Rite Aid. :)
Well... I just got back from getting my second Pfizer shot.
But so far so good.

Still... so far so good.
I have managed (so far) to avoid any side effects from the second shot.

Next week my wife gets shot #2.
Hopefully, she can also avoid any side effects from shot #2.

After that... we're good to go :)
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Found a fascinating video on Covid, Ivermectin and Vitamin D. Please watch the whole thing it is eye opening. I know Rick doesn't like long videos but I'm sure he can manage 28 minutes....

I will copy and paste the following message I sent my brother just to give you an idea on what the video is about.

The doctor speaking is a pathologist and is an expert in virology and immunology.
He has done 100,000 Covid tests over the last while and has dealt with over 350,000 patients.

He says that Vitamin D is critical to fighting Covid-19!
He says the other treatment that works is Ivermectin, he mostly works in the lab, of the patients that he has treated Ivermectin has cured them with 12-48 hours.

He says that he is not anti-vaccine, his kids have taken vaccines but the current ones are entirely experimental, they do not know what the long term effects will be.

Many of the mRNA studies that have been done on animals like ferrets and cats have resulted in death, NOT straight away but 6-9 months later when they get another wild variation of the virus!

It is not safe. Do not take the vaccine.

If you take enough Vitamin D he says that it is very unlikely that you will get a cytokine storm as the bodies immune system is functioning normally.

Mid level Vitamin D is 50ng/ml (range 20-100).

Don’t take the vaccine man, and stock up on Vitamin D and Ivermectin. The famous doctor Dr Vauci from America takes 8000-10000 iu Vitamin D daily but he doesn’t tell others to do the same. Just an interesting note.

Here’s the video, please watch it.

Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote:
Don’t take the vaccine man,...
I won’t take the vaccine man. I won’t take the vaccine woman, either. Properly placed commas are your friends.

-Edward R Murrow

Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

I was going to get vaccinated but decided to drink Lysol instead. Lysol kills 99,99% of germs including the virus that causes Covid19. It says so in their advertising.
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:46 am I was going to get vaccinated but decided to drink Lysol instead. Lysol kills 99,99% of germs including the virus that causes Covid19. It says so in their advertising.
I wish you were serious. Just kidding.*

*Really not kidding

-Edward R Murrow

Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Fliegender wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:46 am I was going to get vaccinated but decided to drink Lysol instead. Lysol kills 99,99% of germs including the virus that causes Covid19. It says so in their advertising.
Rather take Ivermectin it kills 99.9% of Covid in a petri dish and it's safe for consumption.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Stu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:29 am Found a fascinating video on Covid, Ivermectin and Vitamin D.
A. Ivermectin

NIH COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines - Ivermectin
https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines. ... vermectin/

FDA - Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19
https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer- ... t-covid-19

B. Vitamin D

NIH COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines - Vitamin D
https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines. ... vitamin-d/

The Truth about Vitamin D and COVID-19
https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/covid ... d-covid-19

If I had to choose between Vitamin D and Ivermectin I'd go with Vitamin D.

But data from millions of people all over the GLOBE demonstrate that the approved covid vaccines are safer and more effective at preventing Covid-19 than any of the Conspiracy Theory alternatives.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu,

I think I’ve watched one or more of this doctor’s videos before. Virtually everything he’s saying about vitamin D, is what I’ve been saying for a year. I couldn’t disagree about anything he said regarding vitamin D. He seems to be pro vitamin D as a prophylactic, not as a treatment. It’s basic medical knowledge that proper levels of vitamin D build the immune system.

As far as what he’s saying about ivermectin, I don’t know a whole lot, but he seems to have done his research, and also knows first hand. I have no reason to doubt anything he said in the video.

-Edward R Murrow

Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

DBowling wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:30 pm
Stu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:29 am Found a fascinating video on Covid, Ivermectin and Vitamin D.
A. Ivermectin

NIH COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines - Ivermectin
https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines. ... vermectin/

FDA - Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19
https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer- ... t-covid-19

B. Vitamin D

NIH COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines - Vitamin D
https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines. ... vitamin-d/

The Truth about Vitamin D and COVID-19
https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/covid ... d-covid-19

If I had to choose between Vitamin D and Ivermectin I'd go with Vitamin D.

But data from millions of people all over the GLOBE demonstrate that the approved covid vaccines are safer and more effective at preventing Covid-19 than any of the Conspiracy Theory alternatives.
You do know that studies have been done right?

And some of that DFA article is misinformation "FDA - Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19"

- FDA has not approved ivermectin for use in treating or preventing COVID-19 in humans. Ivermectin tablets are approved at very specific doses for some parasitic worms, and there are topical (on the skin) formulations for head lice and skin conditions like rosacea. Ivermectin is not an anti-viral (a drug for treating viruses).

Well it works in a pitri dish 99.9% of the time.

- Taking large doses of this drug is dangerous and can cause serious harm.

No one is saying take overly large doses. But it has been tested at large doses and it was fine.

If you have a prescription for ivermectin for an FDA-approved use, get it from a legitimate source and take it exactly as prescribed.

Yeah, ok.

Never use medications intended for animals on yourself. Ivermectin preparations for animals are very different from those approved for humans.

No, Ivermectin has been proven for use on humans.

People are all too willing to use experimental vaccines but raise heck when a medication that has been proved in studies to work. Weird.

You guys must read this story on a Gun forum I frequent about a guy who took Ivermectin to show someone else that is was safe to do so, in doing so he saved his own life because he himself was dying from something that no one could figure out. If he hadn't taken Ivermectin he would have died.

Read this Ivermectin - Horror story, really. There's some really weird pictures as well.