Covid vaccine personal experiences

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Fliegender
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Re: Covid vaccine personal experiences

Post by Fliegender »

RickD wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:04 pm
Fliegender wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:01 pm
RickD wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:50 am
I always knew that the gubment assured us that the Covid vaccines were safe, but it wasn’t until I drank the kool aid, that I actually believed it. Now I know better, never to question any medical company that doesn’t back their product. I see now that we just take them at their word. Silly me! y#-o
Does the Covid Antivaxx Symphony have the same composer as the Flat Earth Symphony? Both masterworks seem to have the lame same limping tempo.

:cuckoo: :harp:
No. The vaccine pushing fear mongers have the same composer as flat earthers. It’s Ray Charles. While one, the flat earther, blindly disagrees with everything the government says. The other, vaccine pushing cultists, blindly believe everything the government says. Both groups blindly deny reality. Vaccine pushing freaks are a particularly contemptible lot. They use guilt and manipulation, and intimidation to pressure people to get what they want. Actually, that’s more like Donald Trump. The vaccine pushing freaks are the new Trumpists.
I’s agreen wit you. The govermint theys contollin the hole wurld an theys dont give no dam about the wurkin man. Theys juss sukkin are blood TIL we aint got no more. I aint gonna git no vaxeen no siree! The hole vyrus thingee is a hohx by them drug compnies in cohoots with the govermint to controll the peeple.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:16 pm
RickD wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:04 pm
Fliegender wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:01 pm
RickD wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:50 am
I always knew that the gubment assured us that the Covid vaccines were safe, but it wasn’t until I drank the kool aid, that I actually believed it. Now I know better, never to question any medical company that doesn’t back their product. I see now that we just take them at their word. Silly me! y#-o
Does the Covid Antivaxx Symphony have the same composer as the Flat Earth Symphony? Both masterworks seem to have the lame same limping tempo.

:cuckoo: :harp:
No. The vaccine pushing fear mongers have the same composer as flat earthers. It’s Ray Charles. While one, the flat earther, blindly disagrees with everything the government says. The other, vaccine pushing cultists, blindly believe everything the government says. Both groups blindly deny reality. Vaccine pushing freaks are a particularly contemptible lot. They use guilt and manipulation, and intimidation to pressure people to get what they want. Actually, that’s more like Donald Trump. The vaccine pushing freaks are the new Trumpists.
I’s agreen wit you. The govermint theys contollin the hole wurld an theys dont give no dam about the wurkin man. Theys juss sukkin are blood TIL we aint got no more. I aint gonna git no vaxeen no siree! The hole vyrus thingee is a hohx by them drug compnies in cohoots with the govermint to controll the peeple.
By George... I think he's got it! :D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

As I note in my post above, India (which is 2% fully vaccinated) is currently being overwhelmed by Covid-19 with crematoriums running 24 hours a day.

On the other hand, Israel is the world leader in covid vaccinations with 58% of Israel's population fully vaccinated.
This article describes the positive impact of Israel's aggressive vaccination program
Only 13 new COVID cases diagnosed in 24 hours, lowest in 14 months
https://www.timesofisrael.com/only-13-n ... 14-months/
As Israel continues its world-leading vaccination campaign, just 13 new coronavirus cases were diagnosed in the country on Saturday, the lowest rate in 14 months, according to Health Ministry data released Sunday.
As infections have dwindled, Israel has rolled back restrictions on public life, including lifting the requirement to wear face masks outdoors, which ended last month.
With its aggressive vaccination drive, Israel has seen a sharp drop in daily mortality and infection rates since the pandemic peaked in late January.
Once again the science and data continue to show...
Covid-19 kills people
Covid vaccines save human lives

Here is a site that tracks the progress of Covid-19 vaccinations across the world
https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

https://www.medscape.com/sites/public/c ... rse-events
Interesting comment section. Many cases of adverse effects from Covid vaccines. Some of which we aren’t hearing about in the media.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

DBowling wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:48 am As I note in my post above, India (which is 2% fully vaccinated) is currently being overwhelmed by Covid-19 with crematoriums running 24 hours a day.

On the other hand, Israel is the world leader in covid vaccinations with 58% of Israel's population fully vaccinated.
This article describes the positive impact of Israel's aggressive vaccination program
As Israel continues its world-leading vaccination campaign, just 13 new coronavirus cases were diagnosed in the country on Saturday, the lowest rate in 14 months, according to Health Ministry data released Sunday.
As infections have dwindled, Israel has rolled back restrictions on public life, including lifting the requirement to wear face masks outdoors, which ended last month.
With its aggressive vaccination drive, Israel has seen a sharp drop in daily mortality and infection rates since the pandemic peaked in late January.
Covid-19 kills people

Here is a site that tracks the progress of Covid-19 vaccinations across the world
Here's another article on Israel's success against Covid-19

Israel may have achieved herd immunity against Covid-19
https://www.israel21c.org/israel-may-ha ... -covid-19/
With 56% of citizens vaccinated and another 15% recovered, Israel may be the first country where people who are immune protect those who aren’t.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:53 am
DBowling wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:48 am As I note in my post above, India (which is 2% fully vaccinated) is currently being overwhelmed by Covid-19 with crematoriums running 24 hours a day.

Covid-19 kills people

With 56% of citizens vaccinated and another 15% recovered, Israel may be the first country where people who are immune protect those who aren’t.
Interesting. So, is it 71% as this study indicates, or 80-90% as Fauci indicated?

They both cannot be correct.

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:29 am
DBowling wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:53 am

Covid-19 kills people

Interesting. So, is it 71% as this study indicates, or 80-90% as Fauci indicated?
We don't know for sure yet for Covid. There are a lot of variables in play.
Most of the estimates I've seen are in the 70%-80% range.

Based on what we see in Israel, 70% appears to be a good initial data point.
As more countries hopefully reach herd immunity, then we will have more data to understand how herd immunity relates to Covid-19 and its variants in the real world.
Right now the US number for fully vaccinated is around 32%. So the US need to make more progress on vaccinations before we reach Israel's level for potential herd immunity.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote:
Right now the US number for fully vaccinated is around 32%. So the US need to make more progress on vaccinations before we reach Israel's level for potential herd immunity.
Or more people recovering.

So, you’re saying Fauci’s 80-90% was off by quite a bit, and trying to scare people into vaccinating to get 90% was wrong?

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:54 am
DBowling wrote:
... and dying
As the difference between the death toll in India (2% fully vaccinated) and Israel (58% fully vaccinated) vividly demonstrates.
So, you’re saying Fauci’s 80-90% was off by quite a bit, and trying to scare people into vaccinating to get 90% was wrong?
No... not at all.
Fauci haters make all kinds of absurd politically motivated accusations against Fauci.

Fauci was learning about covid along with the rest of the world as the covid pandemic progressed and more data about covid became known.
And Fauci gave the best advice he could based on the data that was available to him at the time.

Fauci's experience, honesty, and genuine concern for human lives is a welcome contrast to the deluge of conspiracy theories and misinformation that has come from covid deniers and anti-vaxxers during the course of the pandemic.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote:
RickD wrote:
DBowling wrote:
... and dying
Seriously? Do you know how herd immunity is supposed to be reached? Vaccinated immunity PLUS natural immunity. That was the point I was making.

RickD wrote:
D Bowling wrote:
No... not at all.
Fauci haters make all kinds of absurd politically motivated accusations against Fauci.

Fauci was learning about covid along with the rest of the world as the covid pandemic progressed and more data about covid became known.
And Fauci gave the best advice he could based on the data that was available to him at the time.
So he was wrong. He gave out misinformation, Whether he meant to or not.
DBowling wrote:
Fauci's experience, honesty, and genuine concern for human lives is a welcome contrast to the deluge of conspiracy theories and misinformation that has come from covid deniers and anti-vaxxers during the course of the pandemic.
What? Anti vaxxers believe that vaccines are dangerous, and speak out against them, SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE they don’t want people to get hurt from vaccines! Whether or not you or I agree with their beliefs, it’s plainly clear that they DO have a genuine concern for human life. That’s quite telling how you would stoop that low to claim that those with whom you disagree, don’t care about human lives. Even though you mistakingly think COVID vaccines are safe, you obviously do care about human lives. That’s a pretty vile thing to claim by contrast, that anti vaxxers don’t care about human lives.

And another thing, when Fauci royally screws up, you give him the benefit of doubt, and claim he did the best he could. But when people that you call COVID deniers, and anti vaxxers made mistakes, you vilify them? Seems pretty unfair.

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:31 pm

DBowling wrote:
RickD wrote:
DBowling wrote:
... and dying
Do you know how herd immunity is supposed to be reached? Vaccinated immunity PLUS natural immunity. That was the point I was making.
Fair enough...

And the point I was making was that (as the real world examples of India and Israel demonstrate) immunity through vaccination is a much less lethal process than letting Covid ravage a population.

Herd immunity will be achieved one way or another (I think/hope). The issue is how do we minimize the number of human deaths on the path to herd immunity.
And the example of Israel demonstrates that an aggressive vaccination program is an effective tool for saving human lives and expediting the path to herd immunity.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:26 pm
RickD wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:31 pm

DBowling wrote:
RickD wrote:
DBowling wrote:
... and dying
Do you know how herd immunity is supposed to be reached? Vaccinated immunity PLUS natural immunity. That was the point I was making.
Fair enough...

And the point I was making was that (as the real world examples of India and Israel demonstrate) immunity through vaccination is a much less lethal process than letting Covid ravage a population.

Herd immunity will be achieved one way or another (I think/hope). The issue is how do we minimize the number of human deaths on the path to herd immunity.
And the example of Israel demonstrates that an aggressive vaccination program is an effective tool for saving human lives and expediting the path to herd immunity.
Israel has a relatively small, and very healthy population. India has a huge population, with around 2/3 of its people living in poverty. Not really a fair comparison, when it comes to how badly people from India handle COVID 19.

Since the cdc says that COVID “vaccines” don’t guarantee immunity to COVID 19, I wonder how it will actually contribute to herd immunity.

As I said before, there are probably a lot more people in the US that have had COVID 19 antibodies, and didn’t know it, because like myself, they had no symptoms. I just happened to give blood at work, and found out that I had the antibodies. If these COVID vaccines work as they hope, I don’t think we need to get anywhere near the 90% vaccine rate that Fauci thinks. Combined with the underestimated amount of people with natural immunity, those that are vaccinated won’t need to be high. The percent of vaccinated may not even need to reach the 58% that Israel has reached.

I think the rest of the US is well on the way to getting back to “normal”. The last few months here where I live, has been pretty much back to normal. For at least the last month, maybe longer, I go places in public, and hardly anyone wears a mask outside anymore. And I’d say on average, in public buildings, less than half, sometimes much less than half of the people wear masks. We may question the safety of this, if it weren’t going on for well over a month, with no spikes in hospital cases.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Of course you'd listen to Tucker... :roll:

Facts first...

:P
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:38 am Of course you'd listen to Tucker... :roll:

Facts first...

:P
It’s interesting how anyone who questions the narrative is labeled as a conspiracy theorist or an anti-vax nut. I guess we all just need to trust what they say, not question anything, and comply.

Anyone who watches the Tucker Carlson video I posted, can see he’s not floating conspiracies, nor is he an anti vaxxer. It used to be thought of as a good thing to question, and test.

-Edward R Murrow