Covid vaccine personal experiences

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
DBowling
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Covid vaccine personal experiences

Post by DBowling »

Stu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:48 pm People are all too willing to use experimental vaccines but raise heck when a medication that has been proved in studies to work.
Testing is the key here.
The approved covid vaccines had to go through rigorous controlled testing before they were approved.
And the up front testing and data still being gathered as millions are being vaccinated every day confirms that the approved covid vaccines are safe and effective.

According to the NIH links it looks like testing is currently under way for both Ivermectin and Vitamin D.
Ivermectin looks to me like hydroxychloroquine part 2, but we need to wait for rigorous testing to tell the story.

Like I said, based on what little I know at the moment, I would choose Vitamin D over Ivermectin (once again "ask your doctor first"). There is conflicting data out there on the effectiveness of Vitamin D against Covid-19. Which is why it needs to go through rigorous controlled testing. But if a person does not have access (or does not have access yet) to an approved covid vaccine, Vitamin D might be a temporary solution until vaccines that have been proven to be safe and effective are available (again "ask your doctor"). And if rigorous controlled testing demonstrates that Vitamin D is actually beneficial in any way against Covid-19 then that will be good news.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

DBowling wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:47 am
Stu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:48 pm People are all too willing to use experimental vaccines but raise heck when a medication that has been proved in studies to work.
Testing is the key here.
The approved covid vaccines had to go through rigorous controlled testing before they were approved.
And the up front testing and data still being gathered as millions are being vaccinated every day confirms that the approved covid vaccines are safe and effective.

According to the NIH links it looks like testing is currently under way for both Ivermectin and Vitamin D.
Ivermectin looks to me like hydroxychloroquine part 2, but we need to wait for rigorous testing to tell the story.

Like I said, based on what little I know at the moment, I would choose Vitamin D over Ivermectin (once again "ask your doctor first"). There is conflicting data out there on the effectiveness of Vitamin D against Covid-19. Which is why it needs to go through rigorous controlled testing. But if a person does not have access (or does not have access yet) to an approved covid vaccine, Vitamin D might be a temporary solution until vaccines that have been proven to be safe and effective are available (again "ask your doctor"). And if rigorous controlled testing demonstrates that Vitamin D is actually beneficial in any way against Covid-19 then that will be good news.
Ivermectin has been tested. So again, experimental vaccines get a big thumbs up from everyone even though long term impact is unknown, but a drug that has been used in people for quite a while gets a thumbs down. Logic it does not compute. Unless you have been brainwashed by the media and your government.

Dr Fauci takes 8000-10000 iu Vitamin D, yet he doesn't tell others to do the same.

That is 8-10x the normal 1 (1000 iu) pill dose!!!!

He must know something others don't.... or he's secretly one of these loony conspiracy theorists who think the immune system is and always has been you bodies best defence against illness.

And Ivermectin kills 99.9% of Covid in a petri dish.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

The US government has paid out billions of dollars in vaccine injury claims, yet some people still claim that vaccines are safe.

This ignoring of facts and reality is on the same level as those adhering to a flat earth.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:39 am ignoring of facts and reality is on the same level as those adhering to a flat earth.
I couldn't have said it better myself!

That's why Science, Data, and Truth are the most effective response to misinformation and conspiracy theories.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:47 am
RickD wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:39 am ignoring of facts and reality is on the same level as those adhering to a flat earth.
I couldn't have said it better myself!

That's why Science, Data, and Truth are the most effective response to misinformation and conspiracy theories.
And just like flat earthers cherry pick out of context, you cherry picked half my quote out of context.

I rest my case.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:17 am I rest my case.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

DBowling wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:45 am
DBowling wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:56 pm
DBowling wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:03 am
DBowling wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:42 am
DBowling wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:06 am I'll be taking another road trip tomorrow... but this time for my wife.

My wife has not yet received the same notification from our health care provider that I did last week for a covid shot, so she has been searching pharmacies for available covid shots. She finally found one yesterday... 2 hours away :esurprised:

Since I love my wife dearly and have an enormous vested interest in her health and wellbeing, I am taking the day off work and we are going on a road trip date tomorrow.
Just got back from our covid vaccine road trip.
My wife is feeling well after her first shot, and her second shot is scheduled for 4/9.
I'm getting my second shot on 4/2, so we should be good to go by the end of April.
I managed to totally dodge any side effects associated from my first covid shot, but my wife was not quite as fortunate as I was.
Last night she got a headache and became nauseas. (and yes... I do think that was from the covid shot)

I gave her acetaminophen for the headache (which is ok for treating vaccine side effects) and gave her fluids until she finally fell asleep. At around midnight her immune system calmed down and the side affects went away.
My wife is back to her normal self this morning. :)

This part of getting vaccinated was no fun at all.
But it did prepare us for what to watch out for when we get our second shots in early April.

We are both looking forward to the end of April when we will both be safe from Covid and life can begin to return to something resembling normal for us. It will be great when a 'date' involves going out to dinner and a movie instead of taking a 2 hour road trip to Rite Aid. :)
Well... I just got back from getting my second Pfizer shot.
I'll have to wait a few more hours to see if I manage to dodge the shot #2 side effects...
But so far so good.

Just two more weeks and I will be "safe"
And only three weeks until my wife and I can 'safely' go out on dates again! :)
Still... so far so good.
I have managed (so far) to avoid any side effects from the second shot.

Next week my wife gets shot #2.
Hopefully, she can also avoid any side effects from shot #2.
Today is the big day.
My wife and I will be taking another 2 hour road trip to Rite Aid.

After she gets her second shot today then we will both be fully vaccinated.
I was fortunate enough to avoid any shot #2 side effects last week.
Later this evening we will know if my wife can avoid them too.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

How’d it go DB?

Is the wifey feeling ok?

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:05 pm How’d it go DB?

Is the wifey feeling ok?
We were mentally preparing ourselves for side effects part 2 today
But... So far so good... :)
She is feeling much much much better than she did this time three weeks ago after the first shot.

We want to get through the night before before we get too overconfident, but its looking more and more like she will avoid any shot 2 side effects.

Hmmmmm... I wonder if it was the Culver's ice cream that we got after the shot this time ;)

Thanks for asking :D
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:55 pm
RickD wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:05 pm How’d it go DB?

Is the wifey feeling ok?
We were mentally preparing ourselves for side effects part 2 today
But... So far so good... :)
She is feeling much much much better than she did this time three weeks ago after the first shot.

We want to get through the night before before we get too overconfident, but its looking more and more like she will avoid any shot 2 side effects.

Hmmmmm... I wonder if it was the Culver's ice cream that we got after the shot this time ;)

Thanks for asking :D
I’m glad to hear she’s doing well. Ice cream always makes my wife feel good too. It’s her one “cheat” food that she can’t do without.

-Edward R Murrow

Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by Fliegender »

I got my Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine today. No side effects whatsoever. Not even a sore arm. I have more side effects after a glass of whisky...
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Fliegender wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:00 pm I got my Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine today. No side effects whatsoever. Not even a sore arm. I have more side effects after a glass of whisky...
Just curious...
Since you already had Covid, are you going to get two shots or just one?
Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by Fliegender »

DBowling wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:24 am
Fliegender wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:00 pm I got my Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine today. No side effects whatsoever. Not even a sore arm. I have more side effects after a glass of whisky...
Just curious...
Since you already had Covid, are you going to get two shots or just one?
Unfortunately, since I’m a registered Covid19 victim, I’m only allowed one shot. It was free. A second shot would be possible only if I pay for it (about 75USD). I’m not sure at this moment what I will do. The money isn’t a consideration. If an eventual “Covid Passport” becomes necessary for air/international travel and if it’s easier to get such a passport with two shots, then I’ll pay for the second shot. At the moment, all I have is a piece of paper stating my name & address, the date and type of vaccine received as well as the address of the clinic and the vaccinating nurse’s name and license number.

...and this morning my arm hurts a little...like an over exertion but I’m otherwise okay.

(Maybe I shoudda stuck with my original idea and just had a few gulps of Lysol...)
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

FL traveling somewhere in Europe, showing his vaccination papers to the “Authorities”.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

FL wrote:
...and this morning my arm hurts a little...like an over exertion but I’m otherwise okay.
Do you actually remember the last time that you (over) exerted yourself?

-Edward R Murrow