Covid vaccine personal experiences

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Fliegender
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Re: Covid vaccine personal experiences

Post by Fliegender »

Stu, your country is a mess. Not a total mess like many other African countries, but it’s a mess and it’s getting worse as time goes by. RSA is going down the same road as Rhodesia did when it became Zimbabwe. You may not be able to see that if you’re young but older South Africans of any race are aware of it.

Median adult wealth is a good measure of a country’s wealth. RSA’s median adult wealth has been falling year after year to the point where it is now at $4,523U.S. That’s not a lot, especially when you consider that New Zealand’s is at $171,624. RSA occupies the 101st position in the world for median adult wealth. NZ is at number 6 and the USA occupies position 26 with $79,274 in median adult wealth. The numbers for RSA and USA are skewed by a large number of super-rich people so the median wealth figure is actually misleading. The situation is worse than the numbers suggest.

So even if you’re middle class in a poor country, you’ll have more stress than if you’re middle class in a rich country. You don’t really have much freedom. You just think you do. Many South Africans have chosen to move to Australia (#2 in median wealth), NZ (#6), the USA (#26), the UK (#11), Ireland (#17) or Canada (#12). You should consider emigrating to any of these places if you really want to know what freedom is.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Fliegender wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:46 am Stu, your country is a mess. Not a total mess like many other African countries, but it’s a mess and it’s getting worse as time goes by. RSA is going down the same road as Rhodesia did when it became Zimbabwe. You may not be able to see that if you’re young but older South Africans of any race are aware of it.

Median adult wealth is a good measure of a country’s wealth. RSA’s median adult wealth has been falling year after year to the point where it is now at $4,523U.S. That’s not a lot, especially when you consider that New Zealand’s is at $171,624. RSA occupies the 101st position in the world for median adult wealth. NZ is at number 6 and the USA occupies position 26 with $79,274 in median adult wealth. The numbers for RSA and USA are skewed by a large number of super-rich people so the median wealth figure is actually misleading. The situation is worse than the numbers suggest.

So even if you’re middle class in a poor country, you’ll have more stress than if you’re middle class in a rich country. You don’t really have much freedom. You just think you do. Many South Africans have chosen to move to Australia (#2 in median wealth), NZ (#6), the USA (#26), the UK (#11), Ireland (#17) or Canada (#12). You should consider emigrating to any of these places if you really want to know what freedom is.
Blah blah blah you just avoiding all the issues I raised by talking about South Africa and how bad it is - what kind of debate is this? Are you feeling ok?
You know how a debate works right?

We are talking about Covid, vaccine mandates, and it's consequences, you are going off on some wild tangent about South Africa which no one cares to talk about right now, apart from you for some reason :econfused:

Now, let's start over - what country are you from?
Are you a Christian?

And answer some of the points I raised in my previous posts. Look, if you are unable to, or are too scared to think about it, then just say so and then you can create another thread and bash South Africa in there :D
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

I’m not debating, Stu. And this isn’t about me. You would have freedom to refuse vaccinations in any of the countries I mentioned. You would also have real freedom, period.

Vaccinations throughout history have saved lives, saved suffering and have promoted health and - indirectly - wealth ever since they were implemented. Irresponsible people refuse to vaccinate themselves and their children. In most cases with this COVID vaccine, the refusal to vaccinate is mostly ideological. Some parents have a genuine fear of the vaccine for their children but in all cases this is as a result of misinformation.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Fliegender wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:45 am I’m not debating, Stu. And this isn’t about me. You would have freedom to refuse vaccinations in any of the countries I mentioned. You would also have real freedom, period.

Vaccinations throughout history have saved lives, saved suffering and have promoted health and - indirectly - wealth ever since they were implemented. Irresponsible people refuse to vaccinate themselves and their children. In most cases with this COVID vaccine, the refusal to vaccinate is mostly ideological. Some parents have a genuine fear of the vaccine for their children but in all cases this is as a result of misinformation.
Your profile says you are a Christian. How can you not see the link between vaccine mandates and passports as a stepping stone to the mark of the beast?

Even if it turns out not to be the case, not seeing the link is just wilful ignorance IMO, we should be alert regardless as all the conditions are pretty well in place for the beast system unlike ever before in earth's history.
We are suppose to be watchers on the wall, and the Bible says that if we have knowledge of something important and don't share and warn our brothers about it we will be held accountable.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

Stu wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:06 am
Your profile says you are a Christian. How can you not see the link between vaccine mandates and passports as a stepping stone to the mark of the beast?

Even if it turns out not to be the case, not seeing the link is just wilful ignorance IMO, we should be alert regardless as all the conditions are pretty well in place for the beast system unlike ever before in earth's history.
We are suppose to be watchers on the wall, and the Bible says that if we have knowledge of something important and don't share and warn our brothers about it we will be held accountable.
Oh good gawd! Vaccine mandates and passports are stepping stones to the mark of the beast! What a ridiculous statement! People who don’t get vaccinated against known pathogens are irresponsible, just irresponsible. Irresponsible towards themselves, irresponsible towards their families and irresponsible towards society at large. You are wells for mutations - such as the recent omicron variant (courtesy of the RSA) - and unwittingly allow and promote the continuation of this pandemic. Anti-vaxxers are collectively responsible for a worsening economic situation throughout the world, inflation, congestion of hospitals and the pointless deaths of thousands of individuals well beyond your countries’ borders.

You’ve locked yourself into a prison of your own making...and you’ve convinced yourself that you’re free! Ridiculous...
-John Stuart Mill
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

The thing about mandates - and I'm not linking it to endtimes stuff - is that once that level of power exists, it can be used to to compel people to just about anything the authorities behind it so desire. Course, this authority has always existed for many things. Most primary schools have long had a vaccination policy. And when I went back to college after I was married (first time I thought college was to meet girls :roll: ), I had to get updated mumps / measles vaccines, or I couldn't enroll.

But as to the supposed, future mark of the beast issue - well, this would not be a matter of one being unwittingly deceived into "signing one's soul away," by taking on the "mark of the beast." Because, by doing so, they would also have to know they were rejecting God and embracing evil, because Revelation 13 says these people will not merely be deceived, but that they will also willingly WORSHIP this Beast - and no actual Christian would ever do THAT!
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Philip wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:22 pm The thing about mandates - and I'm not linking it to endtimes stuff - is that once that level of power exists, it can be used to to compel people to just about anything the authorities behind it so desire. Course, this authority has always existed for many things. Most primary schools have long had a vaccination policy. And when I went back to college after I was married (first time I thought college was to meet girls :roll: ), I had to get updated mumps / measles vaccines, or I couldn't enroll.

But as to the supposed, future mark of the beast issue - well, this would not be a matter of one being unwittingly deceived into "signing one's soul away," by taking on the "mark of the beast." Because, by doing so, they would also have to know they were rejecting God and embracing evil, because Revelation 13 says these people will not merely be deceived, but that they will also willingly WORSHIP this Beast - and no actual Christian would ever do THAT!
They might if they were desperate enough. If their children were starving and dying from hunger and thirst, their wife was skin and bone, and you yourself are starving. When people are desperate (people have been known to eat their children during times of famine), you will do anything. And then on top of that you get the pastors that say you can take the mark and still go to heaven.

You combine desperate people with the utterly corrupt, spiritually empty mega-churches of today and Christians will be taking the mark.
Last edited by Stu on Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Fliegender wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:19 pm
Stu wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:06 am

Oh good gawd! Vaccine mandates and passports are stepping stones to the mark of the beast! What a ridiculous statement! People who don’t get vaccinated against known pathogens are irresponsible, just irresponsible. Irresponsible towards themselves, irresponsible towards their families and irresponsible towards society at large. You are wells for mutations - such as the recent omicron variant (courtesy of the RSA) - and unwittingly allow and promote the continuation of this pandemic. Anti-vaxxers are collectively responsible for a worsening economic situation throughout the world, inflation, congestion of hospitals and the pointless deaths of thousands of individuals well beyond your countries’ borders.

You’ve locked yourself into a prison of your own making...and you’ve convinced yourself that you’re free! Ridiculous...
You are utterly hopeless. Spiritually blind and without any discernment. Good luck.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Stu: Christians will be taking the mark.
Those taking the mark will also worship the beast - whether that was in the first century of has a future parallel - and no Christian will worship Satan or his co-horts! Now, such people might CALL themselves "Christians," or so personally identify themselves. But I forget, but you think a saved person can become unsaved?
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Philip wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:17 am
Stu: Christians will be taking the mark.
Those taking the mark will also worship the beast - whether that was in the first century of has a future parallel - and no Christian will worship Satan or his co-horts! Now, such people might CALL themselves "Christians," or so personally identify themselves. But I forget, but you think a saved person can become unsaved?
You make it sound like Christians are these perfect beings that can never succumb to pressures or be weak-willed in times of hardship.

Christians can succumb just like other people if they don't heed God.

I have heard of great men of God that have back slidden into the worst kind of sin, if once on fire for God people can backslide that much, there is a chance other Christians will take the mark when they are faced with starvation and a horrible death. Remember, some churches teach that you can take the mark and go to heaven.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Stu: You make it sound like Christians are these perfect beings that can never succumb to pressures or be weak-willed in times of hardship.
Stu, we're hijacking this thread - I'll post my response to begin anew - here: viewtopic.php?p=253018#p253018
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

Stu wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:48 pm
You are utterly hopeless. Spiritually blind and without any discernment. Good luck.
I’m terribly insulted :pound:
-John Stuart Mill
katykay09
Newbie Member

Post by katykay09 »

Getting vaccinated against COVID-19 won't affect a couple's chances of getting pregnant, but contracting the coronavirus could impair male fertility. Those are the main conclusions of a study funded by the National Institutes of Health, refuting a common myth about the vaccine and sending a warning to men who avoid it. telemedicine in georgia http://curogram.com/blog/telemedicine-georgia
Researchers at Boston University studied more than 2,000 couples and found no differences in their chances of conception if either partner was vaccinated compared to unvaccinated couples. But the couples' chances of conceiving decreased slightly if the male partner had contracted the virus 60 days or less before the other partner's menstrual cycle, an indication of diminished male fertility.One possible reason for that, researchers theorized, is the likelihood coronavirus infection would cause a fever, which has been known to reduce sperm count.Among the males in the study who tested positive more than 60 days before the cycle, conception rates were the same as males who had not been infected. But couples in which the male was infected within that 60-day window were 18% less likely to conceive in that cycle. “The findings provide reassurance that vaccination for couples seeking pregnancy does not appear to impair fertility,” said Diana Bianchi, M.D., director of NIH’s Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, which funded the study. “They also provide information for physicians who counsel patients hoping to conceive.”
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Welcome to the forum, Katy! Thanks for the input!
Armyman
Recognized Member

Post by Armyman »

Affect fertility? Well I've had it at least once, was quarantined for 19 days. Long 19 days. Right after yellow phase and before red phase of basic. Felt like months.