Trump the Peacemaker

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Locked
User avatar
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Posts: 10029
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia
Has liked: 650 times
Been liked: 671 times

Trump the Peacemaker

#1

Post by Kurieuo » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:13 am

United Arab Emerites recognise the state of Israel and come to a peace agreement.

I have no idea why MSM aren't covering it more. y:-? It's really a major turn of events.

Trump's the first POTUS I know that has had any real success in Middle East.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

User avatar
Byblos
Old School
Posts: 6024
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:21 pm
Christian: Yes
Location: NY
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 143 times

Re: Trump the Peacemaker

#2

Post by Byblos » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:13 am

Kurieuo wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:13 am
United Arab Emerites recognise the state of Israel and come to a peace agreement.

I have no idea why MSM aren't covering it more. y:-? It's really a major turn of events.

Trump's the first POTUS I know that has had any real success in Middle East.
His strategy in the Middle East was met with skepticism and downright hostility from all sides. Whether pulling our troops out or with respect to Iran. And yet we see the results and this is only the beginning.

As to why it's not covered by the lamestream media, it's for the same reason they don't cover the utter lawlessness in major US cities and label rioting, looting, and the murder of children as peaceful protests. The left has lost their collective minds, all in the name of securing a Trump loss in November. Consequences be damned.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

DBowling
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 188 times

Re: Trump the Peacemaker

#3

Post by DBowling » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:37 am

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/13/middleea ... index.html
Gotta give credit where credit is due, this is a significant development in the Middle East.

User avatar
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 21750
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 1123 times

Re: Trump the Peacemaker

#4

Post by RickD » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:29 am

DBowling wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:37 am
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/13/middleea ... index.html
Gotta give credit where credit is due, this is a significant development in the Middle East.
Wait?!?!

Are you actually giving credit to The President?

:shock: :esurprised: :swhat:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Byblos
Old School
Posts: 6024
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:21 pm
Christian: Yes
Location: NY
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 143 times

Re: Trump the Peacemaker

#5

Post by Byblos » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:02 pm

RickD wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:29 am
DBowling wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:37 am
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/13/middleea ... index.html
Gotta give credit where credit is due, this is a significant development in the Middle East.
Wait?!?!

Are you actually giving credit to The President?

:shock: :esurprised: :swhat:

The far more significant news is CNN mentioning it. :pound:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

User avatar
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Posts: 10029
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia
Has liked: 650 times
Been liked: 671 times

Re: Trump the Peacemaker

#6

Post by Kurieuo » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:38 pm

Byblos wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:02 pm
RickD wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:29 am
DBowling wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:37 am
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/13/middleea ... index.html
Gotta give credit where credit is due, this is a significant development in the Middle East.
Wait?!?!

Are you actually giving credit to The President?

:shock: :esurprised: :swhat:

The far more significant news is CNN mentioning it. :pound:
Yes, that's why DBowling believes it. :poke: :P

Seriously, it is refreshing when just the facts/events are presented without opinion. Too many "news" stories belong to narrative, and I'd much prefer to just read the events of things without any slanting this way or that way. I tire of it whether "left" or "right". That piece by CNN did well to just state things matter of factly.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3501
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 588 times
Been liked: 314 times

Re: Trump the Peacemaker

#7

Post by Nessa » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:08 am

Trump just lost his last supporter
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (22.98 KiB) Viewed 6304 times

User avatar
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Posts: 10029
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia
Has liked: 650 times
Been liked: 671 times

Re: Trump the Peacemaker

#8

Post by Kurieuo » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:24 am

Was Trump born a Kiwi? :P
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3501
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 588 times
Been liked: 314 times

Re: Trump the Peacemaker

#9

Post by Nessa » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:37 am

Kurieuo wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:24 am
Was Trump born a Kiwi? :P
After his latest digs at NZ, he'd be shunned from here if he was :shock: :lol:

User avatar
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Posts: 10029
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia
Has liked: 650 times
Been liked: 671 times

Re: Trump the Peacemaker

#10

Post by Kurieuo » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:35 am

I didn't even hear about that. lol.

The media seems to have made a fuss about "NZ outbreak" over here, so don't think it's just a Trump thing.

She's moving the election forward though due to what, a dozen cases?

Imagine if Trump did that given the millions of cases? LOL. The sky would fall in.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3501
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 588 times
Been liked: 314 times

Re: Trump the Peacemaker

#11

Post by Nessa » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:48 am

Kurieuo wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:35 am
I didn't even hear about that. lol.

The media seems to have made a fuss about "NZ outbreak" over here, so don't think it's just a Trump thing.

She's moving the election forward though due to what, a dozen cases?

Imagine if Trump did that given the millions of cases? LOL. The sky would fall in.
I think there's nearly a 100 active cases. People testing positive are being moved to quarantine facilities.

We got a second wave as with other countries yet the fuss. NZ did go hard to get it under control and it worked though as long as the borders are open, we knew what that could mean.

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3501
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 588 times
Been liked: 314 times

Re: Trump the Peacemaker

#12

Post by Nessa » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:49 am

And jacinda compromised. Others wanted the election not til November or next year. She has only delayed it for a month.

User avatar
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Posts: 10029
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia
Has liked: 650 times
Been liked: 671 times

Re: Trump the Peacemaker

#13

Post by Kurieuo » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:35 am

Also, 6 months before this, Afghanistan: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51689443
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

Locked