Anybody read the Bulwark?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Anybody read the Bulwark?

Post by edwardmurphy »

It's a publication run by some GOP and ex-GOP Never Trumpers. If you're wondering what happened to American conservatives that's one place where you'll find some of them. I like their stuff. It's informative and balanced.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Anybody read the Bulwark?

Post by RickD »

I’ve never heard of it. I googled it, and it’s being described as neo-conservative.

And you said that you liked it? Did you fall down and hit your head?

Leftists cannot like anything labeled as neo-conservative.

*edit:

Nevermind. I see your fascination. It’s anti Trump. So, it’s a “the enemy of my enemy is my friend” kinda thing.

Hey, maybe some conservative values will rub off on you.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Is your mind slipping? My first post was 35 words, and it included 1) a link to the Bulwark (which has an "About" tab) and 2) the fact that it's anti-Trump, but you needed a Google search and an edit...?

I wouldn't say I'm fascinated (or a leftist), but they put out a lot of good content. I don't agree with all of it, but listening to the insanity coming from Trump's GOP makes me yearn for the pre-Newt Republicans. I didn't agree with them on much then either, but they weren't crazy.

Maybe you should read some of it...
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Ok, I perused the site. Although I’m not a huge Trump fan, I’m getting a little nauseated by all the Trump bashing, so I decided to find one of their few articles that isn’t about Trump. And it was a really good article.
https://thebulwark.com/what-statues-really-mean/

As I began reading, I thought that it was nice getting a different perspective. But then I realized I was agreeing with what he said. I may look at more articles there.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

RickD wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:54 pmAs I began reading, I thought that it was nice getting a different perspective. But then I realized I was agreeing with what he said. I may look at more articles there.
Cool, huh? And yeah, that's a good article.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

-Edward R Murrow