Percentage Wearing a Mask Protects Against Covid

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Percentage Wearing a Mask Protects Against Covid

Post by Philip »

https://www.foxnews.com/health/wearing- ... xperts-say

Now, if everyone wore masks, practiced prudent social distance, didn't put their hands all over each other and whatever objects they encounter, the danger would be immensely reduced. But the stupid amongst us are always the problem!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Re: Percentage Wearing a Mask Protect Against Covid

Post by RickD »

I remember not too long ago, the “experts” were saying that if we’re healthy, we don’t need to wear a mask.

There’s no consensus on this.

Some experts are even saying that we don’t even know if asymptomatic people can even transmit COVID-19.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Philip wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:18 am https://www.foxnews.com/health/wearing- ... xperts-say

Now, if everyone wore masks, practiced prudent social distance, didn't put their hands all over each other and whatever objects they encounter, the danger would be immensely reduced. But the stupid amongst us are always the problem!
If God thought social distancing and face coverings were helpful for his covenant people to contain contagious diseases during Old Testament times, I think that these time tested precautions would also be prudent and embraced by God's covenant people who care about the life and health of others in the 21st century as well.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:16 am
Philip wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:18 am https://www.foxnews.com/health/wearing- ... xperts-say

If God thought social distancing and face coverings were helpful for his covenant people to contain contagious diseases during Old Testament times, I think that these time tested precautions would also be prudent and embraced by God's covenant people who care about the life and health of others in the 21st century as well.
Perhaps we should treat someone infected with COVID-19, the same way someone with leprosy was treated?

I submit that anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 has to yell “unclean” when they walk down the street, so we can make sure people stay away(social distancing).
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by Fliegender »

RickD wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:05 am...

Perhaps we should treat someone infected with COVID-19, the same way someone with leprosy was treated?

I submit that anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 has to yell “unclean” when they walk down the street, so we can make sure people stay away(social distancing).
That wouldn’t work.

Only those who are biblically literate would understand why the wacko was yelling “Unclean! Unclean!”
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:03 pm

That wouldn’t work.

Only those who are biblically literate would understand why the wacko was yelling “Unclean! Unclean!”
Maybe we could try a big scarlet C that people must wear. Or, we could have them yell, “Covid” as they walk in public.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

There’s some info in this video that you’re not hearing in the msm.
Anyone have thoughts?

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

That wouldn’t work.

A couple of things...

1. Those who test positive for Covid shouldn't be out in public yelling anything. They should be quarantining themselves to keep their loved ones and others safe.
2. You don't have to be biblically literate to understand that social distancing and face coverings are effective ways to contain contagious diseases... but biblically literate people will recognize the similarity to principles that can be found in God's Word.
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

DBowling wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:01 pm

That wouldn’t work.

A couple of things...

1. Those who test positive for Covid shouldn't be out in public yelling anything. They should be quarantining themselves to keep their loved ones and others safe.
2. You don't have to be biblically literate to understand that social distancing and face coverings are effective ways to contain contagious diseases... but biblically literate people will recognize the similarity to principles that can be found in God's Word.
You must be a barrel of laughs at a party...
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Fliegender wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:05 pm
DBowling wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:01 pm

That wouldn’t work.

A couple of things...

You must be a barrel of laughs at a party...
party?...
what's a party?...
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

DB: party?...
what's a party?...
And you guys didn't think DB has a sense of humor! :lol:
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

Philip wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:03 pm
DB: party?...
what's a party?...
And you guys didn't think DB has a sense of humor! :lol:
Yes, he apparently does have a sense of humor. I guess that’s normal because so does God, so it would stand to reason that his children would also.

Back to the topic at hand, masks are an effective measure against the spread of COVID-19. If you look at countries where masks - and visors - were prescribed early on, they have gone through the crisis much better than the USA. I’m thinking of places like Slovakia (and other countries that most Americans couldn’t identify on a map).

Delinquent countries such as America, Sweden and Brazil have seen their cases of COVID-19 skyrocket. And their borders with neighboring countries remain closed by the neighboring countries.

It ain’t fun wearing a mask. I won’t wear one until it becomes mandatory but my wife (who isn’t delinquent like me and cares for the poor, the downtrodden and the sick) wears one religiously.

:mrgreen:
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Husband of Mrs. Masochist wrote:
It ain’t fun wearing a mask. I won’t wear one until it becomes mandatory but my wife (who isn’t delinquent like me and cares for the poor, the downtrodden and the sick) wears one religiously.
You said that you and your wife both already recovered from COVID-19.

Why on earth would either of you wear a mask?

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

It appears to uncertain as to whether a person can get Covid twice: https://www.forbes.com/sites/coronaviru ... 24de3910c4
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:46 pm It appears to uncertain as to whether a person can get Covid twice: https://www.forbes.com/sites/coronaviru ... 24de3910c4
Uncertain? If you mean that there’s no evidence that someone can get COVID-19 again, I agree. Just like there's really no evidence that those who have the virus but are asymptomatic, are causing others to get sick.

-Edward R Murrow