Paula White

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Paula White

Post by edwardmurphy »

I assume everyone knows that Paula White is Trump's personal pastor. Apparently she'll now be joining the Office of Public Liaison and advising the President's Faith and Opportunity Initiative.

As I understand things she's a twice divorced prosperity gospel preacher who's been accused of heresy and once told her flock that "Anyone who tells you to deny yourself is from Satan," thus directly contradicting Jesus Christ.

I guess I'm just wondering how Trump's evangelical supporters are going to spin this one.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Paula White

Post by RickD »

Ed wrote:
I guess I'm just wondering how Trump's evangelical supporters are going to spin this one.
I'm not sure what there is to spin. She's pretty well known for what she is.

What exactly did she get hired for, anyways?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Tech difficulties...
Last edited by edwardmurphy on Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:14 am
edwardmurphy wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:37 amApparently she'll now be joining the Office of Public Liaison and advising the President's Faith and Opportunity Initiative.
I have no idea what that even means, that's why I asked what exactly she got hired for.

Was it simply a job position created to bolster evangelical support? Or is there an actual goal of the Faith and Opportunity Initiative?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Didn't she have an inappropriate relationship with Benny hinn?

Paula looks like the other blonde that said she had an affair with trump.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

I had more to say, but I hit the wrong button then had some computer issues. Sorry about that.

The Faith and Opportunity Initiative is (in my opinion) a bone that Trump threw to the evangelical community. (I think) It's basically a way to get religion back into education and government (so I obviously love it).

I assume that evangelicals are very happy with the initiative. I'd also wager that adding someone like Paula White to the program would be just the thing to make evangelical heads explode.

I guess it just seems like a really strange choice. Is he really that tone deaf? I also read that White, who sells "resurrection seeds" that will grant people eternal life (retail price: $1,144), is responsible for bringing Trump to Christ. Maybe he just thinks that a Christian is a Christian and doesn't recognize the difference between prosperity gospel and pretty much everything else. It's perplexing.

And yeah, she apparently had an affair with Benny Hinn, although both deny it.

It's also kind of funny that all these years after the Reformation we have American protestants essentially selling plenary indulgences.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Yep, she's exactly the type I'd expect Trump's "spiritual" advisor to be and look like.
Ed: "It's also kind of funny that all these years after the Reformation we have American protestants essentially selling plenary indulgences."
Well, it depends upon how your define Protestant. A Protestant isn't necessarily a Christian - it's merely a person who CLAIMS to be one, but that doesn't identify as Catholic. But, Ed, you'll find few people around here that think this selling of the Gospel or the health and wealth crowd is cool - actually, exactly the opposite. I don't believe Trump is a Christian, but that he finds displays of religiosity politically valuable. He is clueless as to what Christianity really means.

Not to mention, all of the secularists who are selling all kinds of snake oil to the clueless masses - obviously, they don't need religion to do that.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:40 am Didn't she have an inappropriate relationship with Benny hinn?

Paula looks like the other blonde that said she had an affair with trump.
Benny Hinn was just planting his "resurrection seeds" in Ms White.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

So RD is the master of sarcasm AND bad taste? y:O2
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:13 am So RD is the master of sarcasm AND bad taste? y:O2
Oh ye of little faith!
:shakehead:

-Edward R Murrow

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Philip wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:36 amWell, it depends upon how your define Protestant. A Protestant isn't necessarily a Christian - it's merely a person who CLAIMS to be one, but that doesn't identify as Catholic.
I keep it simple. If the person says they're a Christian but not a Catholic I mark them down as a Protestant and call it a day.
Philip wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:36 amBut, Ed, you'll find few people around here that think this selling of the Gospel or the health and wealth crowd is cool - actually, exactly the opposite. I don't believe Trump is a Christian, but that he finds displays of religiosity politically valuable. He is clueless as to what Christianity really means.
I know. That's kind of my point. The people here are a pretty good sampling of who the President was pandering to when he signed that executive order, and hiring Paula White is the kind of decision that would upset that same group. It's a strange choice.
Philip wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:36 amNot to mention, all of the secularists who are selling all kinds of snake oil to the clueless masses - obviously, they don't need religion to do that.
Please define "secularist" and then provide examples of them selling "snake oil to the clueless masses."
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Ed: Please define "secularist" and then provide examples of them selling "snake oil to the clueless masses."
Really, it's pretty obvious - just look around. Politicians all around, industry types, etc., etc. Secularist: Anyone whose views aren't spiritually derived.
Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by Fliegender »

edwardmurphy wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:37 am I assume everyone knows that Paula White is Trump's personal pastor. Apparently she'll now be joining the Office of Public Liaison and advising the President's Faith and Opportunity Initiative.

As I understand things she's a twice divorced prosperity gospel preacher who's been accused of heresy and once told her flock that "Anyone who tells you to deny yourself is from Satan," thus directly contradicting Jesus Christ...
I had never heard of Paula White so I had to look her up. Pretty lady. I’m not surprised Trump chose her instead of Creflo Dollar, another prosperity gobbler. Creflo ain’t no looker...
wrote: I guess I’m just wondering how Trump’s evangelical supporters are going to spin this one.
No spin necessary. His Imperial Majesty may do as he pleases. His subjects’ approval is automatic.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

She's pretty alright...

Pretty pathetic
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

I just watched a video on Facebook of her and didn't realise how much plastic surgery she has had done. Probably denies it anyway.