Convinced yet?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
User avatar
Byblos
Old School
Posts: 5962
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:21 pm
Christian: Yes
Location: NY
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 139 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#256

Post by Byblos » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:33 pm

Kurieuo wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:11 pm
What is wrong with quid pro quo? Perhaps it's the content of one's exchange that matters.
Perhaps. In which case we ought to go back and check every transcript of every phone call every president has ever made to ascertain content and determine guilt or innocence. At minimum, it ought to become law going forward, applicable on all future presidents. That'll make things fun.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

User avatar
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Posts: 9958
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 653 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#257

Post by Kurieuo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:56 pm

Shouldn't be hard to find some "whistleblowers" who get their information secondhand.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4928
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#258

Post by abelcainsbrother » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:23 pm

I find it very odd that people ignore evidence and claim Trump is guilty,even when they know what the Democrats are up to is corrupt to the core. For those of you who ignored it we have the real phone transcript of the actual phone call with President Trump and the President of Ukraine. You can read it and nowhere in it does Trump extort Ukraine like has been stated over and over by Democrats and the MSM so to those of you claiming Trump extorted Ukraine? You're just ignoring the evidence. It does not matter who says what or how many whistle blowers testify and claim Trump extorted Ukraine because we can actually read the phone transcript and see they are lying.It is against Federal law for them to lie and try to remove the President based on a lie too. This is a very serious crime being committed by Democrats.

But further more Trump's due process rights are stripped away inwhich he is not allowed to face his accuser as stated in the US Constitution,is not allowed to have an attorney present,which is against everything this country stands for when it comes to justice and the Constitution. If these Democrats can do this to the President of the United States imagine if they did this to you.The Precedent Democrats are setting is very dangerous for the American people and I don't care if you're Republican,Democrat,Independent,etc it does not matter.We cannot allow these kinds of shenanigans to continue or the American people will be in very much danger of made up crimes based on lies,no due process rights,no attorney,you cannot defend yourself or it is obstruction of justice,etc. Wake Up!

This is why Trump and his team led the Democrats and MSM down this path for you all to see by at first acting like he would not release the transcript of the phone call because he knew what they would do in order to let you see how corrupt the Democrat Party has become.They knew you would not stand for this kind of stuff. You need to understand that President Trump and the Q team are in control,while the Democrats think they are still in control.They are not. They were set up by the Trump team in order for you to see how corrupt they are.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4928
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#259

Post by abelcainsbrother » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:38 pm

edwardmurphy wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:24 am
My news feed is well populated with tales from the fever swamps, and if it's too wacky for FOX I can trust Abe and Stu to tell me about it. I have a pretty good idea what those on the right think about most things.
it does'nt matter because you still end up being wrong,while I'm eventually shown to be correct.So whoever you're getting your news from is a bad source or sources. Yet you claim the alt-right is bad. I'm more right than you when it comes to politics and I continually am proven right just like I was right about the firewall Senate Democrats have hit and cannot go forward with impeachment.Q and the Q anons was correct and now you're seeing it,just like I said you would.

Also it has just been revealed how ABC news held back a news report about Jeffrey Epstein and how the Clintons were involved,etc and real evidence of pedophilia and how how it is a blackmail network,yet the higher ups at ABC news would not allow it to be reported, so the MSM covers for pedophiles just like we said. As Q said there is coming a day when these people will not be able to walk down the street. Now if ABC news had all of this evidence and info involving the Clinton's,princes,etc imagine what AG Barr has.Yet whenever I brought this up you claimed i was a crazy conspiracy theorist.It is slowly coming out about Jeffrey Epstein and his pedophile network of blackmail just like I said. So your news sources who denied this are going to be proven wrong. We have them even on video because Epstein caught it all on tape in order to blackmail. He had camera's all over that island and inside the Temple on that island with rooms in it,etc.This is why Hillary tweeted about videos on the dark web. She knows what is coming and she is on video.
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4928
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#260

Post by abelcainsbrother » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:04 pm

CBS fires former ABC Staffer who blew whistle on network spiking Epstein accuser interview
https://www.foxnews.com/media/cbs-fires ... er-epstein
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4928
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#261

Post by abelcainsbrother » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:39 pm

Anchor caught on hot mic claiming ABC spiked Epstein bombshell
https://youtu.be/vjwf9F_v5cI
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21311
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 1063 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#262

Post by RickD » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:53 am

ACB wrote:
...and real evidence of pedophilia...
I haven't seen a single shred of evidence of pedophilia.

In fact, I haven't seen a single shred of evidence that you even know what pedophilia is.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2091
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#263

Post by edwardmurphy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:07 am

Byblos wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:24 am
The 'why' is very very simple. I'm just not sure you want to see it though or are even ready to acknowledge it but here it is Ed, from the mouth of a conservative and staunch Trump supporter, OF COURSE THERE WAS QUID PRO QUO. That much is obvious, let's not kid each other. But here's the rub Ed, THERE IS ALWAYS QUID PRO QUO IN POLITICS of one form or another.
Dylan Roof and Audie Murphy both shot a bunch of people, but Dylann Roof went to prison and Audie Murphy got the Medal of Honor. Why? Because context matters. The same can be said of a quid pro quo, or of nearly any other human behavior, for that matter.

Imagine that Senator Clark (D, NH) goes to Senator Jones (R, LA) and says "I'll support your proposed subsidy for Louisiana shrimp fishermen if you back my plan to keep the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard open." That's a pretty typical political quid pro quo, and it's fine. That's the kind of wheeling and dealing that gets stuff done.

Let's compare that from an example ripped from recent headlines.

President Trump withheld military aid appropriated by Congress - aid meant for an ally engaged in an armed conflict with the same hostile foreign power that's been interfering in our elections in order to assist Trump - so that he could use it to extort the aforementioned ally into publicly announcing a fraud investigation into his political opponent. Then tried to cover it up. Now he's trying to obstruct the investigation.

Not. The. Same.

I'm continually amazed by the new conservative willingness to distort reality whenever Trump tells them to. As is ever the case, the illegality and corruption of Trump's actions can be easily demonstrated by applying the Obama Test. Observe:
President Obama withheld military aid appropriated by Congress - aid meant for an ally engaged in an armed conflict with a the same hostile foreign power that's been interfering in our elections in order to assist Obama - so that he could use it to extort the aforementioned ally into publicly announcing a fraud investigation into his political opponent. Then tried to cover it up. Now he's trying to obstruct the investigation.
Now tell me that you wouldn't favor impeachment. Go ahead. Tell me that it would be okay for Obama to make US foreign policy an extension of his reelection campaign. Go ahead. Say it's just a typical quid pro quo and politicians do it all the time.

If it's not okay for Obama it's not okay for Trump. Period. And deep down you know it.
Byblos wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:24 am
It's been happening since the dawn of time and with every president and administration from Washington on. You really think Nixon didn't quid pro quo all day long? Or Kennedy? Or the CLINTONS? Seriously? They've built their careers on exactly that.
I assume that all of those people engaged in political quid pro quos all the time. That's politics. But if they engaged in high crimes, such as the one that Trump committed, then they didn't get caught. Trump did.

So should we seriously just overlook Trump's crimes on the grounds that come on, man, you totally just know that everybody else did that too?
Byblos wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:24 am
And so you ask why no one pursued the case with Biden? Because no one cared, that's why. This whole QPQ thing didn't become news until the democrats decided Russia-gate didn't do the job of removing Trump so they're trying another tactic, one that will burn every democratic president and politician for years to come but they don't care, all in the name of removing Trump.
That's dishonest, Byblos. Trump's behavior became news when his administration's attempted cover it up failed, and if Democratic presidents are doing the same thing then they should be impeached too.
Byblos wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:24 am
It's all partisan B.S. Ed. Trump is no angel, that's for sure. But what the dems are doing is dirty, rotten to the core and they will pay for it come November 2020, whether Trump is still around or not, mark my words.
The evidence says otherwise.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Before you ask why ask if.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exist.

User avatar
Byblos
Old School
Posts: 5962
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:21 pm
Christian: Yes
Location: NY
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 139 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#264

Post by Byblos » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:02 am

edwardmurphy wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:07 am
Byblos wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:24 am
The 'why' is very very simple. I'm just not sure you want to see it though or are even ready to acknowledge it but here it is Ed, from the mouth of a conservative and staunch Trump supporter, OF COURSE THERE WAS QUID PRO QUO. That much is obvious, let's not kid each other. But here's the rub Ed, THERE IS ALWAYS QUID PRO QUO IN POLITICS of one form or another.
Dylan Roof and Audie Murphy both shot a bunch of people, but Dylann Roof went to prison and Audie Murphy got the Medal of Honor. Why? Because context matters. The same can be said of a quid pro quo, or of nearly any other human behavior, for that matter.

Imagine that Senator Clark (D, NH) goes to Senator Jones (R, LA) and says "I'll support your proposed subsidy for Louisiana shrimp fishermen if you back my plan to keep the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard open." That's a pretty typical political quid pro quo, and it's fine. That's the kind of wheeling and dealing that gets stuff done.

Let's compare that from an example ripped from recent headlines.

President Trump withheld military aid appropriated by Congress - aid meant for an ally engaged in an armed conflict with the same hostile foreign power that's been interfering in our elections in order to assist Trump - so that he could use it to extort the aforementioned ally into publicly announcing a fraud investigation into his political opponent. Then tried to cover it up. Now he's trying to obstruct the investigation.

Not. The. Same.

I'm continually amazed by the new conservative willingness to distort reality whenever Trump tells them to. As is ever the case, the illegality and corruption of Trump's actions can be easily demonstrated by applying the Obama Test. Observe:
President Obama withheld military aid appropriated by Congress - aid meant for an ally engaged in an armed conflict with a the same hostile foreign power that's been interfering in our elections in order to assist Obama - so that he could use it to extort the aforementioned ally into publicly announcing a fraud investigation into his political opponent. Then tried to cover it up. Now he's trying to obstruct the investigation.
Now tell me that you wouldn't favor impeachment. Go ahead. Tell me that it would be okay for Obama to make US foreign policy an extension of his reelection campaign. Go ahead. Say it's just a typical quid pro quo and politicians do it all the time.

If it's not okay for Obama it's not okay for Trump. Period. And deep down you know it.
Byblos wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:24 am
It's been happening since the dawn of time and with every president and administration from Washington on. You really think Nixon didn't quid pro quo all day long? Or Kennedy? Or the CLINTONS? Seriously? They've built their careers on exactly that.
I assume that all of those people engaged in political quid pro quos all the time. That's politics. But if they engaged in high crimes, such as the one that Trump committed, then they didn't get caught. Trump did.

So should we seriously just overlook Trump's crimes on the grounds that come on, man, you totally just know that everybody else did that too?
Byblos wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:24 am
And so you ask why no one pursued the case with Biden? Because no one cared, that's why. This whole QPQ thing didn't become news until the democrats decided Russia-gate didn't do the job of removing Trump so they're trying another tactic, one that will burn every democratic president and politician for years to come but they don't care, all in the name of removing Trump.
That's dishonest, Byblos. Trump's behavior became news when his administration's attempted cover it up failed, and if Democratic presidents are doing the same thing then they should be impeached too.
Byblos wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:24 am
It's all partisan B.S. Ed. Trump is no angel, that's for sure. But what the dems are doing is dirty, rotten to the core and they will pay for it come November 2020, whether Trump is still around or not, mark my words.
The evidence says otherwise.
You say high crimes I say the Bidens (and the Kennedys and the Clintons and the Obamas) did a lot worse. Potatoes, potaatoes. We all see what we want to see through the prism of our world view. The difference between us is I support Trump DESPITE his shenanigans. You don't have what it takes to even admit to yourself the dems have done far, far worse. To each his own.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2091
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#265

Post by edwardmurphy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:39 am

Byblos wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:02 am
You say high crimes I say the Bidens (and the Kennedys and the Clintons and the Obamas) did a lot worse. Potatoes, potaatoes.
Shame the evidence isn't on your side.
Byblos wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:02 am
We all see what we want to see through the prism of our world view. The difference between us is I support Trump DESPITE his shenanigans. You don't have what it takes to even admit to yourself the dems have done far, far worse. To each his own.
I haven't seen evidence that the Dems have done far worse. Even if you had some to show me it wouldn't help Trump's case.

And that right there is the rub. Nobody is saying that Trump's behavior was legal or that Trump didn't do it. You guys are all over the process, you're throwing out whataboutisms left and right, and you're prophesying doom if the Democrats don't back off. Yesterday Lindsey Graham's defensive gambit was that the Trump Administration was too disorganized and incompetent to pull off a quid pro quo. And it looks like you just admitted that you don't even care if Trump is corrupt.

It's becoming increasingly clear that the Constitution, the rule of law, and democracy itself doesn't mean a thing to Trump or to you. You're not a conservative, you're a radical right wing tribalist.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Before you ask why ask if.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exist.

User avatar
Byblos
Old School
Posts: 5962
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:21 pm
Christian: Yes
Location: NY
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 139 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#266

Post by Byblos » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:41 am

edwardmurphy wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:39 am
It's becoming increasingly clear that the Constitution, the rule of law, and democracy itself doesn't mean a thing to Trump or to you. You're not a conservative, you're a radical right wing tribalist.
And it's becoming increasingly clear that the Constitution, the rule of law, and democracy itself doesn't mean a thing to the democrats or to you. You're not a liberal, you're a radical left wing marxist.

You and Abe are two sides of the same coin.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21311
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 1063 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#267

Post by RickD » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:06 pm

Byblos wrote to Ed:
You and Abe are two sides of the same coin.
That's exactly what I've been saying!!!!

Ed has gone so far left on the circle, that he's almost at ACB's far right!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2091
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#268

Post by edwardmurphy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:43 pm

Byblos wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:41 am
And it's becoming increasingly clear that the Constitution, the rule of law, and democracy itself doesn't mean a thing to the democrats or to you. You're not a liberal, you're a radical left wing marxist.
"Radical left wing Marxist" is redundant. Any Marxist is obviously left wing, and any American Marxist is obviously well outside the mainstream.

Also, you think I'm a Marxist...?

Dude, invest in a dictionary.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Before you ask why ask if.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exist.

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2091
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#269

Post by edwardmurphy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:46 pm

RickD wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:06 pm
Byblos wrote to Ed:
You and Abe are two sides of the same coin.
That's exactly what I've been saying!!!!

Ed has gone so far left on the circle, that he's almost at ACB's far right!
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you keep on with that ridiculous false equivalency. Abe's nutty conspiracy theories are exactly the same as me reading the source material and concluding that Trump did the thing that Republicans have given up denying that he did.

It's easier to pretend that I'm being unreasonable than to face reality.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Before you ask why ask if.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exist.

User avatar
Byblos
Old School
Posts: 5962
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:21 pm
Christian: Yes
Location: NY
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 139 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#270

Post by Byblos » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:26 pm

edwardmurphy wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:43 pm
Byblos wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:41 am
And it's becoming increasingly clear that the Constitution, the rule of law, and democracy itself doesn't mean a thing to the democrats or to you. You're not a liberal, you're a radical left wing marxist.
"Radical left wing Marxist" is redundant. Any Marxist is obviously left wing, and any American Marxist is obviously well outside the mainstream.

Also, you think I'm a Marxist...?

Dude, invest in a dictionary.
Dude, invest in some sarcastic humor. :shakehead:

Rick, you have failed Ed miserably by not imparting some of your wisdom of sarcasm upon him. Poor guy takes himself way too seriously.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

Post Reply