Convinced yet?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
User avatar
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2091
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#211

Post by edwardmurphy » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:12 pm

RickD wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:23 pm
It's definitely easier to see what crooked Hillary is doing, than trying to decipher what Trump did or didn't do.


Of course it is. She's not doing anything, apart from making the occasional Tweet. She retired three years ago. Trump, meanwhile, is pure, deliberate, nonstop chaos. He's exhausting.
RickD wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:23 pm
If I'm being honest, It all gives me a headache thinking about it.


Yeah, me too, but we've got to try.
RickD wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:23 pm
So, like I said before, if Trump or anyone else, did anything illegal, and someone can prove it in the proper way, he/they deserve whatever they get.
So do you think that Trump did something illegal? If not then what would it take to convince you?

For example, the Mueller Report laid out 10 instances of obstruction of justice and then something like 1,000 former federal prosecutors who served under both Democratic and Republican attorneys general wrote an open letter stating that anyone other than a sitting president would have been charged with obstruction.

Is that evidence of wrongdoing? Does it merit further investigation?

In another example, a whistleblower reported that Trump had improperly withheld funds appropriated to Ukraine until the Ukrainian government publicly announced an investigation of Joe Biden and his hapless son. The ICIG found that the report had merit, and since that point the information in the report has been confirmed several times. The Trump Administration released a rough transcript confirming what was in the call, a diplomat turned in some text conversations supporting the suspicion of a quid pro quo, the Acting White House Chief of Staff went on TV and confirmed a quid pro quo (then told us to get over it), and 4-5 other ambassadors and career diplomats have testified that there have been all sorts of shady dealings and that Rudy Giuliani has been running a shadow foreign policy in the Ukraine. Two Giuliani associates have been arrested and charged with campaign finance violations. Trump says that he doesn't know them, but a ton of pictures have surfaced with the gentlemen in question hanging out with Trump and various members of his family at various places, strongly implying that the Trumps know the guys. Rudy is also reported to be under criminal investigation, and John Bolton is reported to have said that he (Rudy) was a hand grenade that was going to blow them all up. Be interesting to hear what Bolton meant by that.

Does all of that add up to evidence of wrongdoing? Does it merit further investigation?

If it turns out to be true then should the House impeach? Should the Senate convict?

If the House impeached, a strong case was made for conviction in the Senate, and then the GOP balked for fear of offending Trump's base how would you feel about that? Would you vote for Trump again?

If you had to brave the headache and think about this stuff where would you land?
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Before you ask why ask if.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exist.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21305
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 1063 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#212

Post by RickD » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:35 am

Ed wrote:


Of course it is. She's not doing anything, apart from making the occasional Tweet. She retired three years ago. Trump, meanwhile, is pure, deliberate, nonstop chaos. He's exhausting.
Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) can be a serious issue. You may want to get that checked by a doctor.

Look, I'm starting to sound like a broken record.
If he can be shown to have done something illegal or impeachable, and it is proven through proper channels, then he deserves what he gets.

I have no problem when someone is held accountable for his/her actions.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2091
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#213

Post by edwardmurphy » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:02 am

Got it.

I have TDS because I trust a report released by a registered Republican former FBI Director that outlines 10 instances of obstruction of justice. Only lunatic would care about something like that.

I have TDS because I believed my own eyes when I read a transcript of a call in which Trump went full, obvious gangster and tried to use Congressionally allocated aid money to leverage an investigation into a political opponent. It's outright crazy to accept compelling evidence.

Meantime, you know with complete certainty that Hillary Clinton is crooked, even though she's been the subject of more GOP led investigations than anyone I can think of and she's never been charged with a crime. HRCDS plainly isn't a thing.

So yes, Rick, I'm the one who's deranged.

And you still haven't answered the question. If none of the above meets your standard for evidence of wrongdoing then what would it take?
Last edited by edwardmurphy on Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Before you ask why ask if.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exist.

DBowling
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1533
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 160 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#214

Post by DBowling » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:03 am

RickD wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:35 am
If he can be shown to have done something illegal or impeachable, and it is proven through proper channels, then he deserves what he gets.
I have no problem when someone is held accountable for his/her actions.
Napolitano (Fox News): Trump's admitted contact with Ukraine is a crime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yY_N4d5xv8

FEC: Statement Regarding Illegal Contributions From Foreign Governments
https://www.fec.gov/resources/cms-conte ... utions.pdf

U.S. Code § 30121.Contributions and donations by foreign nationals
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/52/30121
These users liked this post by DBowling:
edwardmurphy (Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:37 am)

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21305
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 1063 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#215

Post by RickD » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:51 am

edwardmurphy wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:02 am
Got it.

I have TDS because I trust a report released by a registered Republican former FBI Director that outlines 10 instances of obstruction of justice. Only lunatic would care about something like that.

I have TDS because I believed my own eyes when I read a transcript of a call in which Trump went full, obvious gangster and tried to use Congressionally allocated aid money to leverage an investigation into a political opponent. It's outright crazy to accept compelling evidence.

Meantime, you know with complete certainty that Hillary Clinton is crooked, even though she's been the subject of more GOP led investigations than anyone I can think of and she's never been charged with a crime. HRCDS plainly isn't a thing.

So yes, Rick, I'm the one who's deranged.

And you still haven't answered the question. If none of the above meets your standard for evidence of wrongdoing then what would it take?
Now you're just being argumentative.

I've said numerous times, that all politicians at high levels, are doing things that are shady.


That's one of the reasons why I stopped voting for president a while back. I just don't trust any of them.
I'm not wasting any more of my time with this.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Byblos
Old School
Posts: 5962
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:21 pm
Christian: Yes
Location: NY
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 139 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#216

Post by Byblos » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:03 am

edwardmurphy wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:02 am
Got it.

I have TDS because I trust a report released by a registered Republican former FBI Director that outlines 10 instances of obstruction of justice. Only lunatic would care about something like that.

I have TDS because I believed my own eyes when I read a transcript of a call in which Trump went full, obvious gangster and tried to use Congressionally allocated aid money to leverage an investigation into a political opponent. It's outright crazy to accept compelling evidence.

Meantime, you know with complete certainty that Hillary Clinton is crooked, even though she's been the subject of more GOP led investigations than anyone I can think of and she's never been charged with a crime. HRCDS plainly isn't a thing.

So yes, Rick, I'm the one who's deranged.

And you still haven't answered the question. If none of the above meets your standard for evidence of wrongdoing then what would it take?
Not just TDS, I think you also have TTV (Trump Tunnel Vision). Only Trump can do wrong when others have done far, far worse and yet not only have they not risen to the level of impeachment, they are dismissed out of hand.

- Obama routinely obfuscated congressional inquires (rightly or wrongly, that is not the point). And yet, no obstruction charges.
- Biden not only threatened the Ukraine with withholding funds if they don't fire their prosecutor, a direct interference with a sovereign nation's internal affairs, and a direct conflict of interest with his son's company who was being investigated by said prosecutor. And Biden actually bragged about it. What was his defense? The White House authorized it. Which makes my point even stronger, no investigation, no obstruction or any criminal charges against the White House, Biden, or his son.
- Cliton, oh Dear Lord, where do I even begin? Benghazi? Emails? The millions and millions her and her husband's foundation collected from foreign entities? There was no domestic influence purchased there, right ED? The Steele dossier that was not only paid for to a foreign entity for the express purpose of influencing the 2016 elections (talk about collusion), it was totally made up, a fraud. Where are the criminal charges of collusion and obstruction of justice? What more, where exactly is the democratic outrage? Absolutely non-existent. All is dismissed or explained away. But not when it come to Trump. Impeach, impeach.

The double standard is so obviously flagrant, it is the very reason I STILL support Trump. If there were any semblance of fairness I may reconsider but there isn't and there will never be. You'll see how Ed will try to explain away all of the above and so many other cases. Whatever, I don't intend to debate these issues as they are clear as day to me.

I said it many times, I really don't like Trump the person. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna set my support aside for a duly elected president when I see the deck is completely stacked against him. Hell no. Never.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21305
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 1063 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#217

Post by RickD » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:27 am

To be completely fair to Edwardmurphy,

He did spend countless hours on this forum, railing against Hillary at the time of Benghazi, and the emails, just like he's doing with Trump.

I'm certain that when I do a search, his fair and balanced criticism of Trump, will be balanced with dozens of posts criticizing Hillary, Obama, and VP Biden.

But for some reason, I'm having difficulty finding the multitudes of posts that back my assertion.

Maybe a rogue Mod deleted all his posts that were critical of the evil axis (Obama, Biden, and Grandma Hillary).

I'll get to the bottom of this! I've got your back, Ed!

:shock:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2091
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#218

Post by edwardmurphy » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:55 am

Byblos wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:03 am
Not just TDS, I think you also have TTV (Trump Tunnel Vision). Only Trump can do wrong when others have done far, far worse and yet not only have they not risen to the level of impeachment, they are dismissed out of hand.

The GOP held the House for 6 of Obama's 8 years. For his last 2 years they had the Senate, too. If they thought that he'd committed an impeachable offense they could have made a case for impeachment. They didn't.
Byblos wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:03 am
- Obama routinely obfuscated congressional inquires (rightly or wrongly, that is not the point). And yet, no obstruction charges.

Again, the GOP held the House for 6 of Obama's 8 years, and all of Congress for his final 2 years. If they had something they could have used it. Why didn't they?
Byblos wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:03 am
- Biden not only threatened the Ukraine with withholding funds if they don't fire their prosecutor, a direct interference with a sovereign nation's internal affairs, and a direct conflict of interest with his son's company who was being investigated by said prosecutor. And Biden actually bragged about it. What was his defense? The White House authorized it. Which makes my point even stronger, no investigation, no obstruction or any criminal charges against the White House, Biden, or his son.

This is a conspiracy theory that's been debunked in detail half a dozen times on this forum alone. If you're still clinging to it then that's fine, but you're wrong.
Byblos wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:03 am
- Cliton, oh Dear Lord, where do I even begin? Benghazi? Emails? The millions and millions her and her husband's foundation collected from foreign entities? There was no domestic influence purchased there, right ED? The Steele dossier that was not only paid for to a foreign entity for the express purpose of influencing the 2016 elections (talk about collusion), it was totally made up, a fraud. Where are the criminal charges of collusion and obstruction of justice? What more, where exactly is the democratic outrage? Absolutely non-existent. All is dismissed or explained away. But not when it come to Trump. Impeach, impeach.
So many crimes! So much corruption! So many investigations! So few charges...?

I don't expect you to like Hillary Clinton or to support her policies. Why would you? You're a conservative and she's a liberal. Disagreement is expected. But this endless insistence that she's a criminal mastermind despite thirty years of investigations coming up empty is just pathological. Your blind, irrational hatred of Hillary Clinton is based on decades of innuendos and conspiracy theories. That narrative is completely discredited by the Republicans' own investigations.
Byblos wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:03 am
The double standard is so obviously flagrant, it is the very reason I STILL support Trump. If there were any semblance of fairness I may reconsider but there isn't and there will never be. You'll see how Ed will try to explain away all of the above and so many other cases. Whatever, I don't intend to debate these issues as they are clear as day to me.

I said it many times, I really don't like Trump the person. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna set my support aside for a duly elected president when I see the deck is completely stacked against him. Hell no. Never.
Got it. You don't like Trump but you're still going to support him forever, no matter what, for no other reason than irrational partisan hatred. I was hoping for something better, but I guess that's an answer.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Before you ask why ask if.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exist.

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2091
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#219

Post by edwardmurphy » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:01 am

RickD wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:27 am
Must...avoid...topic...

Must...not...discuss...evidence...of...Trump's...wrongdoing...

Spew...distracting...nonsense...

Pivot...to...Benghazi...
:pound:
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Before you ask why ask if.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exist.

User avatar
Byblos
Old School
Posts: 5962
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:21 pm
Christian: Yes
Location: NY
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 139 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#220

Post by Byblos » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:40 am

edwardmurphy wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:55 am
Byblos wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:03 am
Not just TDS, I think you also have TTV (Trump Tunnel Vision). Only Trump can do wrong when others have done far, far worse and yet not only have they not risen to the level of impeachment, they are dismissed out of hand.

The GOP held the House for 6 of Obama's 8 years. For his last 2 years they had the Senate, too. If they thought that he'd committed an impeachable offense they could have made a case for impeachment. They didn't.
Byblos wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:03 am
- Obama routinely obfuscated congressional inquires (rightly or wrongly, that is not the point). And yet, no obstruction charges.

Again, the GOP held the House for 6 of Obama's 8 years, and all of Congress for his final 2 years. If they had something they could have used it. Why didn't they?
Byblos wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:03 am
- Biden not only threatened the Ukraine with withholding funds if they don't fire their prosecutor, a direct interference with a sovereign nation's internal affairs, and a direct conflict of interest with his son's company who was being investigated by said prosecutor. And Biden actually bragged about it. What was his defense? The White House authorized it. Which makes my point even stronger, no investigation, no obstruction or any criminal charges against the White House, Biden, or his son.

This is a conspiracy theory that's been debunked in detail half a dozen times on this forum alone. If you're still clinging to it then that's fine, but you're wrong.
Byblos wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:03 am
- Cliton, oh Dear Lord, where do I even begin? Benghazi? Emails? The millions and millions her and her husband's foundation collected from foreign entities? There was no domestic influence purchased there, right ED? The Steele dossier that was not only paid for to a foreign entity for the express purpose of influencing the 2016 elections (talk about collusion), it was totally made up, a fraud. Where are the criminal charges of collusion and obstruction of justice? What more, where exactly is the democratic outrage? Absolutely non-existent. All is dismissed or explained away. But not when it come to Trump. Impeach, impeach.
So many crimes! So much corruption! So many investigations! So few charges...?

I don't expect you to like Hillary Clinton or to support her policies. Why would you? You're a conservative and she's a liberal. Disagreement is expected. But this endless insistence that she's a criminal mastermind despite thirty years of investigations coming up empty is just pathological. Your blind, irrational hatred of Hillary Clinton is based on decades of innuendos and conspiracy theories. That narrative is completely discredited by the Republicans' own investigations.
Byblos wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:03 am
The double standard is so obviously flagrant, it is the very reason I STILL support Trump. If there were any semblance of fairness I may reconsider but there isn't and there will never be. You'll see how Ed will try to explain away all of the above and so many other cases. Whatever, I don't intend to debate these issues as they are clear as day to me.

I said it many times, I really don't like Trump the person. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna set my support aside for a duly elected president when I see the deck is completely stacked against him. Hell no. Never.
Got it. You don't like Trump but you're still going to support him forever, no matter what, for no other reason than irrational partisan hatred. I was hoping for something better, but I guess that's an answer.
And once again, I rest my case.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2091
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#221

Post by edwardmurphy » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:39 pm

Seems like you should have made a case before resting, but suit yourself.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Before you ask why ask if.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exist.

Blessed
Valued Member
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:01 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Los Angeles, Florida, Las Vegas
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: Convinced yet?

#222

Post by Blessed » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:44 pm

edwardmurphy wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:44 am
Funny how rarely anyone addresses the content of my posts rather than just brushing them off with a cheap ad hominem. The real Trump Derangement Syndrome can be seen whenever a Trump supporter finds himself face to face with unpleasant facts about their guy.
Edward,

THERE ARE NO FACTS !

That is the problem! It's a constant 24/7 witch hunt using massive resources and there is NOTHING ! They report fake news speculations and hypothetical's on hypotheticals in a "factual manner" while a brainwashed leftist lemming like you "feels" there are facts.

There are NO FACTS. None!

Blessed
Valued Member
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:01 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Los Angeles, Florida, Las Vegas
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: Convinced yet?

#223

Post by Blessed » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:50 pm

RickD wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:35 am
I have no problem when someone is held accountable for his/her actions.
Except when it's a matter of Selective Enforcement. Then I take great issue with someone being held accountable for their actions . Presidents are never held accountable for their actions when they do the bidding of the deep state. Never.

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2091
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#224

Post by edwardmurphy » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:26 am

Blessed wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:44 pm
Edward,

THERE ARE NO FACTS !
Just keep on telling yourself that...
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Before you ask why ask if.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exist.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21305
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 1063 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#225

Post by RickD » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:22 am

edwardmurphy wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:26 am
Blessed wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:44 pm
Edward,

THERE ARE NO FACTS !
Just keep on telling yourself that...
I think it's your left-leaning interpretation of the facts, that is in question.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Post Reply