This can't be good!

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Fliegender
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Re: This can't be good!

Post by Fliegender »

Storyteller wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:50 pm
Fliegender wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:42 pm
Oh, you’re from UK. Do you have a Vauxhall?

(And what does any of this have to do with Cruz’ bad tie knot?)
Yes, Im from the UK.
A Vauxhall? My ex had a hand painted vauxhall viva. We had a family of mice living in the boot.

Us brits are rather good at tie knotting coincidentally.
A hand painted Vauxhall ...ugh. That’s grounds for divorce. I enjoyed TopGear before Jeremy Clarkson was sacked.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Ok, I'll bite. Which part is unreasonable?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:07 pm Ok, I'll bite. Which part is unreasonable?
It's not worth arguing over. I'm just content with knowing that you're less reasonable than Stu.
:pound:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Fliegender wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:02 pm
Storyteller wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:50 pm
Fliegender wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:42 pm
Oh, you’re from UK. Do you have a Vauxhall?

(And what does any of this have to do with Cruz’ bad tie knot?)
Yes, Im from the UK.
A Vauxhall? My ex had a hand painted vauxhall viva. We had a family of mice living in the boot.

Us brits are rather good at tie knotting coincidentally.
A hand painted Vauxhall ...ugh. That’s grounds for divorce. I enjoyed TopGear before Jeremy Clarkson was sacked.
Excuse me...
Our little viva was very tastefully painted. Blue.

I prefer Richard Hammond.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

And I'm completely confident that the hole from which you're speaking isn't your mouth, so I guess we're all good here.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:11 pm And I'm completely confident that the hole from which you're speaking isn't your mouth, so I guess we're all good here.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Ed: And I'm completely confident that the hole from which you're speaking isn't your mouth, so I guess we're all good here.
Now, Eddie - that's a bit crankier than you usually are. I'm sure you think he's unreasonable as well. Even-steven! :esmile:
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Just banter, Phil, just banter.

That said, I find the comparison to Stu a bit surprising. The things that I said were 95% factual.

Half of all Americans get health insurance from their employers. Fact.

Many Americans have high deductibles along with high premiums (which are partially covered by their employers). Fact.

Many Americans report that they are unable to pay for medical care because they don't have the money to meet the deductible. Fact.

The Hobby Lobby case allows the owners of closely held for profit businesses to decline to pay for things that they claim run counter to their religious views. Thus there are women with health insurance who have to pay out of pocket for birth control because their employers don't approve of them taking it. Fact.

That's asinine and said employers are meddlesome prudes. Opinion.

Americans who don't have health insurance through their employers often struggle to get medical care. Fact. I have family and friends in that position.

American women who don't have health insurance often rely on Planned Parenthood for their healthcare, including screenings, birth control, and prenatal and postnatal care. Fact.

Planned Parenthood also provides abortions, and is therefore in the crosshairs of anti-abortion activists. Thus their funding is in a near constant state of flux, depending on which party controls what. Uninsured women looking for pap smears, birth control, and prenatal care are collateral damage in the war against abortion. Fact.

This [poop] isn't an issue in Canada. Fact.

Stu and I both have strong opinions. The similarities end there. Stu is pretty much ranting about the Illuminati and lizard people.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

RickD wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:09 pm
edwardmurphy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:07 pm Ok, I'll bite. Which part is unreasonable?
It's not worth arguing over. I'm just content with knowing that you're less reasonable than Stu.
LOL You truly are a lost little sheep. You are going to be caught with your pants down, and when you are, you'll wonder how you got there and how it was that you weren't warned. And looking back you will see you were surrounded by warnings, that you just ignored. But I guess I'm just unreasonable.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote:
But I guess I'm just unreasonable.
We've finally found something we agree on!
See, that wasn't so difficult, was it? :mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:49 am
LOL You truly are a lost little sheep. You are going to be caught with your pants down, and when you are, you'll wonder how you got there and how it was that you weren't warned. And looking back you will see you were surrounded by warnings, that you just ignored. But I guess I'm just unreasonable.
I guess I'd rather be a little lost sheep, who knows my shepherd will never abandon me, than be a wolf in sheep's clothing, who preaches a false gospel.

-Edward R Murrow

Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

RickD wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:48 am
Stu wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:49 am
I guess I'd rather be a little lost sheep, who knows my shepherd will never abandon me, than be a wolf in sheep's clothing, who preaches a false gospel.
God told Joseph to prepare, he didn't magically create the grain for them to eat and survive, they prepared. He also told Noah to prepare, He didn't build the boat for Noah, Noah built it. I'm sure there will be miracles during the hard times ahead where God multiplies food, etc., but only a fool sees a storm coming and doesn't take action. Oh God will save me. Tell that to the thousands of DEAD Christians in Iraq, beheaded for their faith. American Christians are way too arrogant, they think that nothing will befall them, even though hundreds of thousands of other Christians around the world are being beheaded and killed.

You might very well be beheaded for your faith, and you won't be raptured out; if this happens, did your shepherd abandon you then? Most of the Apostles were martyred, yet you assume you will get a better treatment?

And I don't know who you are referring to as a wolf in sheep's clothing exactly? - you are way too quick to judge and act like you know everything in that respect. You call name call YECists, and just about call them idiots for preaching such a gospel, and now you call people wolves in sheep's clothing as if you are the arbiter of and know the truth. You don't.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

My apologies, I wasn't specific enough.

I was calling you a wolf in sheep's clothing, for preaching a false gospel of works and obedience based Salvation, which is contrary to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Sorry for the confusion.

-Edward R Murrow

Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

RickD wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:20 am My apologies, I wasn't specific enough.

I was calling you a wolf in sheep's clothing, for preaching a false gospel of works and obedience based Salvation, which is contrary to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Sorry for the confusion.
LOL ok, yet you ignore the many passages that prove it's not a false gospel and choose to focus on one passage which I did address but you just seem to ignore it. Take this one then:
2 Peter 2:18-22 King James Version (KJV)
18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
Peter says that it would be better for people not to have known the gospel, than to have known it and then turned away. But you'll ignore it as usual.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:20 pm
PaulSacramento wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:47 am
edwardmurphy wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:13 pm Those are two good pieces of legislation. I might have to think about considering the possibility of maybe revising my opinion of Ted Cruz. Also, the beard makes him look a lot less like a newbie shapeshifter that can't quite do human faces.
I would agree with that legislation.
Birth control should be over the counter.
That said, I do understand WHY it isn't since doctors REALLY want to monitor when women play around with their natural cycles.

I think that women should ALWAYS consul their GP when they are on the pill.
Birth control is cheap, and accessible at any Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, grocery store, convenience store, etc.

Don't you realize how cheap a box of condoms is?
97%