So the redacted Mueller Report has been out for a while...

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4766
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 166 times

Re: So the redacted Mueller Report has been out for a while...

#31

Post by abelcainsbrother » Wed May 08, 2019 6:57 pm

edwardmurphy wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:49 pm
PaulSacramento wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:04 am
Sure, no doubt, but since the democrats NEED to win some republican votes or at least some "swing votes" and those votes won't be won with the current tactics, don't you think it is time for a change?
The Dems aren't likely to get any Republican votes, although some anti-Trump conservatives - guys like DBowling - might decide stay home or vote for a legitimate conservative. That's not up to the Dems, though. If conservatives boycott or protest vote they'll be driven by disgust with Trump's behavior, not by appeals from the Democrats.

I don't know if the current tactics will win the swing voets over, but at the same time, how can the Dems just back down and let Trump bury the Mueller Report? Trump obstructed justice. Repeatedly. Flagrantly. And he did it in an effort to shut down the investigation of a Russian attack on our election. Even if he has no Russian ties to hide and he was only acting to protect his ego that's still some incredibly problematic behavior.

I don't think that they should bother trying to impeach (barring some extraordinary development), and I don't think they should make Trump their primary focus, but they can't just let it go.
I love it when you repeat lies like this. Because I get to point out how wrong you are again.I'm going to teach you one way or another to ignore what the MSM reports.Please post where it says in the Mueller report Trump obstructed justice because you are making up stuff.It does not say that anywhere in the report,instead you are regurgitating fake news spin.You also have failed to even explain how there could even be obstruction of justice when no crime to show Trump committed.There can be no obstruction of justice without a crime to obstruct justice.And we know the Democrats have no crime which is why they are still trying to investigate Trump's finances,tax records,etc in the House. They are illegally looking for a crime,any crime to try to impeach Trump. But it is only going to blow up in their face,just like the last two years of lying claiming Trump colluded with the Russians and they had evidence,yet were lying.And yet people like you still trust these people who have been lying to you for two years.How can you do it? Trump Derangement Syndrome. Just wait until you find out about the Huber investigation and the crimes he is uncovering.

You are actually right though when you say you think that they should not bother trying to impeach Trump and that they should'nt make Trump their primary focus,but the reason they must is because of the crimes they are guilty of that are going to be exposed and they know they are guilty.

The Democrats and the MSM are falling right into Trump's trap as he wants them to keep pushing these lies about obstruction of justice,etc because they will all be proven wrong and there credibility will get even worse when Trump declassifies the FISA docs and it proves them all wrong and it is people in the Obama administration indicted for real crimes with real evidence,unlike with these fake crimes the Democrats,MSM and you accuse Trump of without evidence. Just like obstruction of justice it is a made up crime with no evidence because there is no crime which means Trump cannot obstruct justice.Trump and his team are going to show you how to really investigate crimes without leaks and backed up with real evidence in a court of law the way it is supposed to be done.I bet you don't even know about the Huber investigation that is coming and he was appointed by Jeff Sessions and has been investigating crimes all this time.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4766
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 166 times

Re: So the redacted Mueller Report has been out for a while...

#32

Post by abelcainsbrother » Wed May 08, 2019 7:15 pm

edwardmurphy wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:38 pm
I'm speechless...
You don't realize the plan Trump and the Q team have to return the power back to the people,but I do.You thought Trump was just playing when he ran on draining the swamp in Washington DC,but he was'nt.And NOTHING can stop what is coming.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4766
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 166 times

Re: So the redacted Mueller Report has been out for a while...

#33

Post by abelcainsbrother » Wed May 08, 2019 7:31 pm

James 5:1-6
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
Fliegender
Established Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Location: Epsilon eridani
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: So the redacted Mueller Report has been out for a while...

#34

Post by Fliegender » Wed May 08, 2019 8:28 pm

I hope President Trump will think to add his likeness to Mount Rushmore before his presidency is over in 2025...

:shakehead:

DBowling
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1295
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 133 times

Re: So the redacted Mueller Report has been out for a while...

#35

Post by DBowling » Wed May 08, 2019 9:17 pm

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:31 pm
James 5:1-6
Amen!

DBowling
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1295
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 133 times

Re: So the redacted Mueller Report has been out for a while...

#36

Post by DBowling » Thu May 09, 2019 12:36 am

edwardmurphy wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:49 pm
PaulSacramento wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:04 am
Sure, no doubt, but since the democrats NEED to win some republican votes or at least some "swing votes" and those votes won't be won with the current tactics, don't you think it is time for a change?
The Dems aren't likely to get any Republican votes, although some anti-Trump conservatives - guys like DBowling - might decide stay home or vote for a legitimate conservative. That's not up to the Dems, though. If conservatives boycott or protest vote they'll be driven by disgust with Trump's behavior, not by appeals from the Democrats.
Since you specifically mentioned me, let me agree with Paul.

Trump's lawless and corrupt behavior has convinced me of two things.
1. It is imperative that the American people remove Trump from office in 2020.
2. For the Republican party to regain any pretense of fundamental morality they need to purge themselves of the cancer of Trump and Trumpism.

The only way I can see that happening is for the Republican party (which has become the party of Trump) to be rejected by the American People in 2020... like they were in 2018.

I am a "Reagan Republican", but I cannot vote for any candidate who does not stand against the immorality, lies, and corruption of Trump.
So in 2020 I am hoping that the Democrats put forward candidates that I can bring myself to vote for instead of just staying home or casting a 'protest vote'.

From what I see now, I could possibly see myself voting for Biden or Klobuchar... maybe Harris, but I am still upset with her participation in the Kavanaugh smear campaign.

I will vote against Trump in the Republican Primaries, and I hope to be able to cast my ballot for Kasich, but I fully expect Trump to win the Republican Primary. So I'm paying more attention than normal to the Democratic candidates this year.

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1951
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 113 times

Re: So the redacted Mueller Report has been out for a while...

#37

Post by edwardmurphy » Thu May 09, 2019 4:49 am

DBowling wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:36 am
I am a "Reagan Republican", but I cannot vote for any candidate who does not stand against the immorality, lies, and corruption of Trump.
So in 2020 I am hoping that the Democrats put forward candidates that I can bring myself to vote for instead of just staying home or casting a 'protest vote'.
Interesting. I wouldn't have guessed. How common do you think that view is in the GOP? What are your thoughts on Pete Buttigeig?
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

DBowling
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1295
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 133 times

Re: So the redacted Mueller Report has been out for a while...

#38

Post by DBowling » Thu May 09, 2019 7:12 am

edwardmurphy wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 4:49 am
DBowling wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:36 am
I am a "Reagan Republican", but I cannot vote for any candidate who does not stand against the immorality, lies, and corruption of Trump.
So in 2020 I am hoping that the Democrats put forward candidates that I can bring myself to vote for instead of just staying home or casting a 'protest vote'.
Interesting. I wouldn't have guessed. How common do you think that view is in the GOP?
I am definitely a minority among conservative 'Republicans'.
As I noted above, the Republican party has become the "Party of Trump", and Trump's favorability among Republicans is above 90%.
What are your thoughts on Pete Buttigeig?
My biggest concern is his repeated attacks on ...for lack of a better term... "Bible believing Christians".
I have strong personal beliefs regarding the truth, nature, and authority of the Bible.
And his misrepresentation of and attacks on my personal religious beliefs would make it very difficult for me to vote for him.

Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8062
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 367 times
Been liked: 602 times

Re: So the redacted Mueller Report has been out for a while...

#39

Post by Philip » Thu May 09, 2019 8:40 am

No matter how much any of us may dislike Trump, we should all be praying for him, and for him to succeed in positive ways. He's a very mixed bag and troubled, vain, attention-seeking, easily offended personality with a sketchy background of dubious moral and business choices. But he's also had good instincts and stood up for some positive things. He needs to tame his mouth, impulsiveness and crassness. But again, if he fails in bad ways - well, it hurts us all. We need to be pulling for him to be a great president, even if we are exceptionally cynical that he can be or has any significant potential. There are many who would love to tear him down or bring him to ruin more than they care about what they might do to the country while doing so - which is a terrible thing.

One thing is certain, if Trump is removed, we better hope someone better is available to step in, positively lead, and HEAL!

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20920
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 190 times
Been liked: 1038 times

Re: So the redacted Mueller Report has been out for a while...

#40

Post by RickD » Thu May 09, 2019 9:49 am

DBowling in 2016: "Since I'm a conservative, I know Hillary is really bad for the nation, but I can't vote for Trump because he's not a real conservative."

DBowling in 2020: "I'll vote for just about any liberal idiot, as long as he's/she's not Trump."
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8062
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 367 times
Been liked: 602 times

Re: So the redacted Mueller Report has been out for a while...

#41

Post by Philip » Thu May 09, 2019 10:18 am

Rick:

DBowling in 2016: "Since I'm a conservative, I know Hillary is really bad for the nation, but I can't vote for Trump because he's not a real conservative."

DBowling in 2020: "I'll vote for just about any liberal idiot, as long as he's/she's not Trump."
Exactly! Unless both presidential candidates are equally bad, then you should choose the least objectionable - even if they are mostly or even VERY objectionable. I can guarantee you that DB goes across bridges frequently that are built by the worst moral specimens of humanity, as well as some that had honorable or even Christian builders. Are we to quit driving across bridges because we are appalled by the builders? And as a president picks Supreme and circuit court judges - if nothing else, the noted intent of what type of judges they assert best - that alone is a reason to vote, even if the candidate is repugnant.

NON-votes can be as disastrous for a nation as actual votes can be. And if at least SOME positives have the potential to come from a much-less- desired, highly problematic candidate, why would you not want to at least contribute to trying to bring about the only positives possible? So you can go around pridefully noting how you stood up for your high moral principles???!!! Especially, if by not voting, you may well be helping the one candidate who has far more probability of creating greater harm, than the other - then you are in effect contributing to making things even worse than they might otherwise be. Hey, but we've all got our pride - right? RIGHT???

It's an imperfect, screwed up world - we don't get some utopian society in which all of the choices are similarly good. We're put in a world that requires very difficult choices. And I don't think that is just pragmatism, but is being realistic.



(The above is not aimed at anyone in particular)

DBowling
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1295
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 133 times

Re: So the redacted Mueller Report has been out for a while...

#42

Post by DBowling » Thu May 09, 2019 10:39 am

RickD wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:49 am
DBowling in 2016: "Since I'm a conservative, I know Hillary is really bad for the nation, but I can't vote for Trump because he's not a real conservative."

DBowling in 2020: "I'll vote for just about any liberal idiot, as long as he's/she's not Trump."
My... how Trumpian of you.
Meaning... that is about as accurate as some of Trump's fabrications. :P

Look back at my post... what percentage of the Democratic field did I say I would consider voting for... I listed 2 names and a maybe... none of which are on far left of the Democratic Party.

The reason I couldn't vote for Hillary in 2016 was because she was just as morally repugnant as Trump.
Let's hear it for my man McMullin! :)

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20920
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 190 times
Been liked: 1038 times

Re: So the redacted Mueller Report has been out for a while...

#43

Post by RickD » Thu May 09, 2019 11:09 am

DBowling wrote:
Look back at my post... what percentage of the Democratic field did I say I would consider voting for... I listed 2 names and a maybe... none of which are on far left of the Democratic Party.
If you were consistent, the percent should be zero, because none are conservative.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

DBowling
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1295
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 133 times

Re: So the redacted Mueller Report has been out for a while...

#44

Post by DBowling » Thu May 09, 2019 11:31 am

RickD wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:09 am
DBowling wrote:
Look back at my post... what percentage of the Democratic field did I say I would consider voting for... I listed 2 names and a maybe... none of which are on far left of the Democratic Party.
If you were consistent, the percent should be zero, because none are conservative.
And as we already noted... neither is Trump :)
These users liked this post by DBowling:
edwardmurphy (Thu May 09, 2019 1:22 pm)

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1951
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 113 times

Re: So the redacted Mueller Report has been out for a while...

#45

Post by edwardmurphy » Thu May 09, 2019 1:19 pm

DBowling wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:12 am
My biggest concern is his repeated attacks on ...for lack of a better term... "Bible believing Christians".
I have strong personal beliefs regarding the truth, nature, and authority of the Bible.
And his misrepresentation of and attacks on my personal religious beliefs would make it very difficult for me to vote for him.
Which misrepresentations and attacks? A lot of what I've seen him do is push back against the notion that his sexuality is inherently sinful and should be suppressed and that his marriage is invalid. Them's fightin' words, no?
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Post Reply