Homo luzonensis

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Homo luzonensis

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

An unknown human or hominid used to live in the Philipinnes during the same time as early modern and neanderthal humans.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/scie ... uzonensis/
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Homo luzonensis

Post by Philip »

Just because whatever paleontologists consider it an ancestor of humans, doesn't mean it actually is. But that's how evolutionists think.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Philip wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:12 pm Just because whatever paleontologists consider it an ancestor of humans, doesn't mean it actually is. But that's how evolutionists think.
I think it could well be a bona fide human. Only time will tell.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

That's pretty neat. I just watched a show on Curiosity Stream about some bones they found in China that they think might be a newly discovered kind of human. Also pretty neat.

I think all of that stuff needs to be taken with a grain of salt - I'm not sure how you can be certain about much when all you have is 8 teeth and a few fragments of bone - but it's been interesting watching over the years as scientists have mapped the genome and learned more about our ancestry.

By the way, if you don't have a subscription to Curiosity Stream go get one. It's great. The channel is a bunch of documentaries about all kinds of stuff, and it only costs like $20 a year.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

edwardmurphy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:45 pm That's pretty neat. I just watched a show on Curiosity Stream about some bones they found in China that they think might be a newly discovered kind of human. Also pretty neat.

I think all of that stuff needs to be taken with a grain of salt - I'm not sure how you can be certain about much when all you have is 8 teeth and a few fragments of bone - but it's been interesting watching over the years as scientists have mapped the genome and learned more about our ancestry.

By the way, if you don't have a subscription to Curiosity Stream go get one. It's great. The channel is a bunch of documentaries about all kinds of stuff, and it only costs like $20 a year.
I agree with being careful. Honestly the science community tends to name every new bone that's slightly different as another species or even genus. By that reckoning humanity has over 25 or so species. Contrast that with the lumper idea where there's maybe only 2 to 4 species of Homo.