State of emergency?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: State of emergency?

Post by edwardmurphy »

It's ironic that you'd bring up coups, since you've been actively rooting for Trump to stage one for a year now.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Obviously, this president sees a serious problem with illegal immigration, and many in opposition see things very differently!

The president was recently quoted saying:

“Should we want to encourage newcomers to learn the language of the country they’re moving to? Of course.”

“It’s not racist to say if you’re going to be here then you should learn the language of the country you just arrived at,”

“Reducing fear on the part of people who are already there…requires some levels of adaptation from the people who are coming in,”

“We are still wired to only be able to process knowing about 150 people in our brains. “So now suddenly we are in cities with strangers we don’t know and we are asked to trust them, and it goes against some of our impulses.”

And yet, his comments merely echo what he was already saying four years ago:

“We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, and unchecked.” It’s unfair to “the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently, and lawfully to become immigrants in this country.”

But such sensibilities have the left absolutely melting down! Go figure!
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

I am no fan of Trump but that you guys have a problem with illegal immigration, you do.

I think that, when the first act you commit in coming to a foreign country is to break the law, well, that is a serious problem.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Nobody is claiming that illegal immigration isn't a problem. The issue is that most of us don't regard The Wall as a solution.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

A wall makes sense to me, proper wall and not flimsy fencing, is the first part of securing just about anything that requires securing. Sadly, the US has a very long borderline to "secure" -- so it seems drastic to put a wall up so long and far -- but in just about everything walls form the first line of security. Anyone can climb them, but people generally won't as it feels more wrong to do so. And if they do, then there are other lines of security that can be employed.

It is entirely strange to me, the storm such has generated. As I see, it simply comes down to people seeing the wall as a Trump vanity project, and they don't want Trump to get his way -- and this is clouding their perspective on the actual need, that is, it seems to me your border security forces actually really do want a strong and more secure wall.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Obviously, this president sees a serious problem with illegal immigration, and many in opposition see things very differently!

The president was recently quoted saying:

“Should we want to encourage newcomers to learn the language of the country they’re moving to? Of course.”

“It’s not racist to say if you’re going to be here then you should learn the language of the country you just arrived at,”

“Reducing fear on the part of people who are already there…requires some levels of adaptation from the people who are coming in,”

“We are still wired to only be able to process knowing about 150 people in our brains. “So now suddenly we are in cities with strangers we don’t know and we are asked to trust them, and it goes against some of our impulses.”

And yet, his comments merely echo what he was already saying four years ago:

“We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, and unchecked.” It’s unfair to “the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently, and lawfully to become immigrants in this country.”

But such sensibilities have the left absolutely melting down! Go figure!
Oops, seems I left out one important point about the above quotes as I didn't identify WHICH president made them. As they weren't made by Trump, but by Obama. And all of them, except for the last one (which he made just 4 years ago), were made just LAST weekend, in Berlin, for his foundation!

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/michael ... mmigration

Also from the linked article: "As recently as 2009, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer condemned illegal immigration as “wrong — plain and simple.”" y:-?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Also I've noticed Ed and liberals having this fantasy that Republicans will help the Democrats or are aligned with the Democrats when it comes to the crisis at our border and border security. This is liberals not realizing what happened after the mid-terms and Republicans winning and keeping the Senate and how it is a much more solid Republican majority than before the mid-terms despite disagreements.I tried to point this out before on here after the mid=term elections.Remember President Trump campaigned for Republican Senators only and they won. The RINO'S were removed that were up for re-election.
There is a disturbance in the force(Star Wars) liberals should know about.

NBC brings on 2 guests to contradict Trump on the border crisis- You won't believe what happens next!
https://youtu.be/SI4yDMFYKkk
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.