President Trump supports bringing the BIBLE back to Public Schools.

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

President Trump supports bringing the BIBLE back to Public Schools.

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Here is President Trump's tweet

Here is a Report on it.
President Trump supports bringing bibles back to Public Schools.Dr Steve Turley.
https://youtu.be/i3O7aqYTR1k
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: President Trump supports bringing the BIBLE back to Public Schools.

Post by RickD »

Probably trying to pander to Christians, I'm afraid.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

So you don't think Trump believes it is a good thing?

I don't see the issue or kerfuffle. It's elective isn't it? And, as a matter of history and understanding Western civilisation better, whether you're Atheist, Jew or Christian, the Bible is a defining part of Western societies especially vis-a-vis Eastern. So, why not have it in Western education? And, I think Western democratic ideas of equality, freedom and the like crap all over the East with their dictatorships and communist governments.

It is taken for granted, just how much the values we love to embrace in the West, are actually built upon 100s and 1000s of years of Jewish and Christian thought. While such doesn't go down well with your anti-Theist types, I see a tendancy with more and more civil-like Atheists understanding such, in fact my realisation of such didn't come from Christians. For example, it is something Peterson loves to tease Sam Harris about -- that as much as he calls himself an Atheist his whole way of thinking is inescapably Judeo-Christian flavoured. ;)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

kurieuo wrote:
I do believe Trump thinks it's a good thing. I believe he needs to keep support of the Christian voter. And that's a good thing for him.
:lol:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:35 am
kurieuo wrote:
I do believe Trump thinks it's a good thing. I believe he needs to keep support of the Christian voter. And that's a good thing for him.
:lol:
:lol: Yeah, probably. But, I do actually think he'd think it a good thing too without such, but it is appealing to Christians that probably makes him tweet. Sadly, I don't think Trump understands what the Christian message is about since he's stated something like not believing in forgiveness for himself but taking responsiblity and doing better.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

K: Sadly, I don't think Trump understands what the Christian message is about since he's stated something like not believing in forgiveness for himself but taking responsiblity and doing better.
And that's the sad reality, isn't it? Trump is very likely ONLY a cultural Christian, who finds that self-identification particularly useful politically, but he clearly doesn't get the Gospel, or take it to heart, in how he conducts himself or treats and speaks to others. His constant aggressive and lowbrow attacks on his political enemies is exactly why so many can't stand him. Million of Christians who voted for him likewise can't stand how he conducts himself, both in public and in private. So, he's his own worst enemy. Of course, he's also up against the entrenched elites in government and their monied backers. So there treachery all around. And now people on the far liberal left have noted and been inspired by Trump's aggressive and very vocal tactics - and so just like Trump, they are pandering to people as well, using a strategy right out of his playbook! Meanwhile, our country suffers from all of these immature opportunists from all sides of the political spectrum.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

It is a sad day in politics when in two years Donald Trump has done more for the Christian right than the Republican Party has in years and years and yet many Christians take it for granted.Unlike them Wolf in Sheep's clothing in the Republican party of the past Donald Trump is keeping his promises he made to the Christian right and yet he still gets no credit and only judgment.Meanwhile them hypocrites of the past who talked like a Christian while running for office,while getting totally dominated by Democrats because they refuse to stand up to them and they refuse to fight for what they want,playing us for years and years get a pass.Very sad! No wonder America is in the shape it is in.Christians will sit there and point out America's sins and point out the moral decline in America and yet won't lift a finger to change anything and do not notice when probably the least likeliest person Donald Trump does things to improve things.Very sad! Are Christians voting for Christian values to make a difference or just to say I voted?I'm glad I was not fooled by Ted Cruz and trusted Donald Trump instead.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.