Poll: Chelsea Manning coming down under + all the Hoopla !

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)

Chelsea Manning - what would you have done in His/Her shoes ?

I would have done nothing, kept my USB port and mouth shut
No votes
I would have resigned and got a less stressful job that involves no killing
No votes
I would have done the same thing
No votes
I would have done it differently - just secretly released info that showed unlawful acts
No votes
I would have done it differently - gone to my superiors and filed a complaint
No votes
I would have done it differently - gone to the media and live TV
No votes
I would have done it differently - skipped the country first and released info
No votes
I would have done it differently - waited a few decades and then released the info
No votes
I would have done it differently - Other
No votes

Total votes: 0

LittleHamster
Valued Member
Christian: Yes

Poll: Chelsea Manning coming down under + all the Hoopla !

Post by LittleHamster »

Due to give a talk on Sunday. Not sure if they will let her into the country yet.

Here is a Poll
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Re: Poll: Chelsea Manning coming down under + all the Hoopla !

Post by LittleHamster »

Now people, don't all vote at once, you might crash the server. Civil Disobedience and all that. :lol:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Who is chelsea manning?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

RickD wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:52 am Who is chelsea manning?
A dude who thinks he's a she...
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Strange, as a rational person one would think a mere downward gaze would have given him a clue that he's a dude. So weird that we see all manner of psychiatric dysfunctions diagnosed and treated, and yet with such people, the psychiatric industry so often views the problem as "nature" gave them the wrong body, as opposed to realize the problem, like all psychiatric illnesses, is actually in their head. So the solution is for a surgeoun to start sawing parts off, installing silicone ones, and providing hormone shots? y:-? Wow!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:40 am
RickD wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:52 am Who is chelsea manning?
:thanks:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Looks like a case of Entry Denied. What's the deal with the Yanks anyway. Do they regard her as a crim or some kind of patriot who exposed government wrongdoings ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Manning

"In August 2018, the Government of Australia refused to issue Manning a visa to enter the country, where she was scheduled to make a series of public appearances. The company arranging Manning's speaking tour said it would appeal the decision,[322] taken under s501(1) of the Migration Act, which authorizes a minister to refuse a visa on character grounds.[323] The Department of Home Affairs specified that Manning did not pass the character test because of her "substantial criminal record."[324]"
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Hammie, why do you call he a she? He's a man - but a tragic one with a serious psychiatric problem, long hair, and rubber parts, that has been mutilated by a surgeon!
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Philip wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:08 am Hammie, why do you call he a she? He's a man - but a tragic one with a serious psychiatric problem, long hair, and rubber parts, that has been mutilated by a surgeon!
*Assuming* there are laws in the US that allow gender reassignment then, *if* such a person was a male and is now legally identified as a female, then, according to scripture for example, we must follow the law of the land and then accept the legal fact that he/she is now a she.

If we don't agree with such a law because, for example, it maybe a sinful law, then we can choose to disobey that law in a civil manner i.e. lawfully undertake some kind of civil disobedience and try have such a law as gender reassignment (or whatever it's called), changed.

But until the Law is changed, he is now a *she* - A female !!! :shock:

Otherwise, he is still a he (male).
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

LittleHamster wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:05 pm
Philip wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:08 am Hammie, why do you call he a she? He's a man - but a tragic one with a serious psychiatric problem, long hair, and rubber parts, that has been mutilated by a surgeon!
*Assuming* there are laws in the US that allow gender reassignment then, *if* such a person was a male and is now legally identified as a female, then, according to scripture for example, we must follow the law of the land and then accept the legal fact that he/she is now a she.

If we don't agree with such a law because, for example, it maybe a sinful law, then we can choose to disobey that law in a civil manner i.e. lawfully undertake some kind of civil disobedience and try have such a law as gender reassignment (or whatever it's called), changed.

But until the Law is changed, he is now a *she* - A female !!! :shock:

Otherwise, he is still a he (male).
As well as the legal viewpoint, we can consider the psychological and physiological stuff.

Mentally and emotionally, for example, a person may consider themselves a female but exhibit male physiological traits i.e. a female psyche trapped in a male body. Also, vice-versa, a male psyche trapped in a female body.

In another case, one may appear cosmetically to be male (just on the surface) but still be female physiologically and psychologically. This can be easily determined by inspection. (and again, vice versa cases may exist)

We can have still another case where a person is physiologically a male, but psychologically a female but be attracted to other females. Similarly, we could have a case where a person is physiologically a female, but psychologically a male but be attracted to other males. These would be rare cases (if they do, at all, exist).

Then in another case we can have those that are attracted to both sexes (male and female) and of any physiological makeup (either male or female).

Then in another case, we can have those that do not identify themselves as either male or female (psychologically) but physiologically can be a male or female.

Then in another case we can have people with both a combined number of male and female physiological traits and differing psyche (either male, female or a combination of both)

Finally we can something like a eunuch. Here, the person, (i) both psychologically and physiologically is not particularly male nor female or (ii) psychologically not male or female but physiologically male or (iii) psychologically not male or female but physiologically female. The person, especially w.r.t. their psyche, is just an...........*it*.

Simple !
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Hammy, God's law ALWAYS trumps man's law. And God said we were created male and female - no matter how they might be legally viewed! Take marriage, for example - is it what God says it is or what the state says?
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

What about intersex people? They actually exist you know.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Kid: What about intersex people? They actually exist you know.
They are very rare and this is a different issue. Physically, they are often not in a clear category. But mentally, emotionally, they tend to prefer one gender over the other. And they can still honor God in choosing - which is very different from being physically born an obvious gender but desiring or choosing the other, or practicing bi-sexuality. And many such people, born one sex and that believe nature made a mistake - were not born a physical mistake, but have a mental disorder.

Consider:

https://www.focusonthefamily.com/social ... rsexuality
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I just saw the double entendre in the thread title, and loled.

-Edward R Murrow

LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Philip wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:12 am Hammy, God's law ALWAYS trumps man's law. And God said we were created male and female - no matter how they might be legally viewed! Take marriage, for example - is it what God says it is or what the state says?
In this particular case, we have a person who is a female - psychologically that is (and knew so from childhood) but appears to be male physiologically. Does physiology always trump psychology ? Is this a case of a psychological disorder or a physiological disorder ?

Judge......"Will the real Gender please stand !"